What's new

The end of the deal, hopes, delusions and treasons

Hi fafnir jan . Yes you are right .Nukes can save dictators like Saddam and Gaddafi for a while but you ignore another fact here . Would they have met their ending if they'd some acceptable percentage of favorability between their own people ? Why US waited another decade from 1990s to 2000s to finish Saddam and didn't do the job in the first war ?
Why USSR went down while they had the biggest number of nukes per capita :partay: ?
Another question : Do you think DPRK would have gone long time ago if they hadn't nukes ? I don't think so .Majority of north koreans still support their leader .With or without nukes .And they hadn't nukes from 1950s to 2000s ( from the war with south and US to 2006 nuclear test ). Guess what , US didn't invade them .

Now imagine how US can perform a full invasion on a country with 70 millions of people who support their government ? I would say favorability matters more than nukes while i agree that having a stockpile or even being able to make weapons grade material in less than 48 hours can increase detterence significantly .I am just saying there is something more important which no country should ignore .

Oh I agree that nuclear weapons may not save you from an internal revolt or a coup attempt but they will make it substantially far,far less likely that any external force may seek to out right attack you or to intervene against you in a civil conflict and to attempt to back or use the rebels/terrorists/insurgents etc as a weapon to overthrow you like nato did in libya,as it was very likely that without that help that gaddafi would probably have been able to crush the insurgents fairly quickly and indeed was doing so before the nato "intervention"
The us waited another decade to deal with saddam for several reasons,the first one was that the us mandate was only to liberate kuwait not invade iraq,there would have been little support for that among the coalitions arab members and I think also the us simply didnt want to push its luck,it had achieved a fast cheap easy victory with very little loss of life during the liberation of kuwait,an invasion of iraq with all that would entail would likely be far more costly in all respects.There was also the hope that the iraqis would deal with saddam themselves and indeed that looked to be the case at least initially with revolts in the north and south and in the beginning it looked as tho the us might help/support the insurgents however it quickly reconsidered this position because there was also the worry that removing saddam could further empower/encourage iran in the region.In the end for various reasons the us decided to leave saddam in power but neutered/contained his country subjected to the most severe sanctions ever imposed and with unscom to oversee the destruction of his more advanced weapons/weapons programs
The ussr had plenty of nukes but its biggest problems were internal,ironically I think that if the ussr had built less nukes and instead produced more consumer goods for its populace it might still be around today,another option would have been economic reform/liberalization rather than political reform,in other words just like what the chinese did,if the soviets had done that its very possible the ussr would still be around today.
Now as for the dprk for most of its existence it was a member of the communist bloc so it had the military support of both the ussr and china,in chinas case there was a defence treaty,as well as being a highly armed and militarized society far more so than the south so attacking them was really just far to dangerous to contemplate as it almost guaranteed a chinese or soviet intervention or indeed both intervening,which is I think we can agree a very frightening prospect as both were now nuclear armed,however by the 1990s things were very,very different the ussr/communist bloc was gone and china was happily doing business with the us and the south,the us was the sole unchallenged supreme super power and the military gap between north and south was now firmly in favor of the south in most areas,now this doesnt of course mean that the dprk was a sitting duck far from it the dprk could still have inflicted a horrifying level of damage on the rok in the event of any war.I think ultimately the dprk went nuclear because it came to the conclusion that at the time at least,bushs presidency,that it faced a rogue super power that was uninterested in peaceful coexistence or negotiations or deals unless they involved capitulation,I suspect for them the main turning point or points were bush tearing up the agreed framework nuclear deal done under clinton and the halting of the construction of the promised reactors and finally bushs labeling of the dprk as part of the so called "axis of evil",I think at that point the dprk considered that it faced a very real threat and I would imagine after seeing what happened to iraq and libya they would have had few doubts on that score.Now this doesnt mean that bush/the us was going attack them,I dont think it would for several reasons,but the dprk doesnt see it that way and in the end thats what really matters ie their perceptions
Lastly I dont really think the us would care all that much about the level of support a government may have among its populace,if it had truly decided to attack/invade it would be far more concerned about its military capabilities probably more than anything else.
Finally let me ask you a question:If you were a powerful state and you were deciding between one of two countries to attack,both had pretty comparable militaries and had fairly popular governments and you thought that you had good national and political reasons/justifications for attacking either but one was nuclear armed and the other had no nuclear capability whatsoever,which one would you attack...hmm?

Americans do not use SWIFT they have their own system I think called American Bank code something like that.
No. American banks use SWIFT Codes.

Edit:
P.S:
Sorry, I didn't see the posting date. It was in the list so commented.

You have no idea what your talking about.

Iran was under extreme sanctions and people were suffering. People couldn't get their medicines to live and you make it seem like we gave up everything for nothing? What good is having a slighter more enhanced nuclear program but economy crashing further and people dying and possibility of war?

Live under those conditions and we'll see if you will say the same stupid remarks.

When you live through every single day when you have an enemy 10 times bigger then you breathing down your neck 24*7, along with his power global buddies, then come and talk with us.

It's you who don't have a clue.

When you live through every single day when you have an enemy 10 times bigger then you breathing down your neck 24*7, along with his power global buddies, then come and talk with us.

It's you who don't have a clue.
You have zero clue about Iran and trying to give us advise (which closer to insults)...no thanks. Iran has been a strong nation for nearly 3000 years we will do just fine.

You have zero clue about Iran and trying to give us advise (which closer to insults)...no thanks. Iran has been a strong nation for nearly 3000 years we will do just fine.
we won't be just fine without nuclear weapons ... we need nukes ....

we won't be just fine without nuclear weapons ... we need nukes ....
No. What we need is strong economy, strong currency, more jobs, new infrastructure, affordable and good health care, more advanced manufacturing sector, and much more...these are what will really help the average Iranian, not just having nukes.

True, we are hardly interested in Iran as its only mentioned among us a regional and religious nuisance.

Kid, we in Pakistan dont give a toss to you lot. What piss us off because it relates to us, when it comes to the matter of your nuke program, which we helped you with, seeing you not only screwing us but dragging our country good name through the dirt when you were caught with pants down, and then worse, selling your nuke program for $$, which we provided , which in turn has also boomeranged.

True, we are hardly interested in Iran as its only mentioned among us a regional and religious nuisance.

Kid, we in Pakistan dont give a toss to you lot. What piss us off because it relates to us, when it comes to the matter of your nuke program, which we helped you with, seeing you not only screwing us but dragging our country good name through the dirt when you were caught with pants down, and then worse, selling your nuke program for $$, which we provided , which in turn has also boomeranged.
Ok your are big boy using such tough language, hope that helps your ego. Now either learn to be polite and educate yourself about matters you want to have discussions, or stop wasting our time.

Ok your are big boy using such tough language, hope that helps your ego. Now either learn to be polite and educate yourself about matters you want to have discussions, or stop wasting our time.

I am trying to warn your kind, specially the ones who are high on Persian empire weed of begone era. Not out of love, but the last thing we want is another Libya right next door to us.

Trump is visiting Saudi Arabia in next few days, even Nawaz Shareef will be there to meet him and the hot topic to be discussed is Iran. Any sane Persian will understand what is coming. Why do you think the Saudis are feeling cocky and speaking about bringing war within Iran?

I am trying to warn your kind, specially the ones who are high on Persian empire weed of begone era. Not out of love, but the last thing we want is another Libya right next door to us.

Trump is visiting Saudi Arabia in next few days, even Nawaz Shareef will be there to meet him and the hot topic to be discussed is Iran. Any sane Persian will understand what is coming. Why do you think the Saudis are feeling cocky and speaking about bringing war within Iran?
You spoke of what has happened during the last 40 years. USA is weak in all terms, they cannot use military option against us. There is no Persian empire or ottoman empire, only Muslim empire will survive
Economy is our only weakness and believe me your mentioned clowns will discuss it, without any useful outcome. The only result will be arms sales to Al-Saud clowns and more income for American military companies beside sidereal contracts with idiot monarchs who see their survival in kissing American boots.
I have no idea about Nawaz and his attitudes but he will have zero consequences from meeting with Trumpet. Good luck with Trumpet, we only trust in Allah almighty

You spoke of what has happened during the last 40 years. USA is weak in all terms, they cannot use military option against us. There is no Persian empire or ottoman empire, only Muslim empire will survive
Economy is our only weakness and believe me your mentioned clowns will discuss it, without any useful outcome. The only result will be arms sales to Al-Saud clowns and more income for American military companies beside sidereal contracts with idiot monarchs who see their survival in kissing American boots.
I have no idea about Nawaz and his attitudes but he will have zero consequences from meeting with Trumpet. Good luck with Trumpet, we only trust in Allah almighty

I commend you on your trust on Allah almighty and we as Muslims, all should have full trust in Allah.

However,

These words are good when followed by righteous actions and deeds. Thats is where Iran has failed. When push comes to shove, those photoshoped or tin pot military equipment not going to be much of help. You are mortal enemies with Saudis, Turkey I believe is bombing your territory for providing sanctuary to PKK lot and now your stupid generals with their lose tongue have pissed off the only people who wanted to stay neutral , us the Pakistanis. You are our neighbours and we dont want any fires in your home because we will also feel the heat, but your leaders are stupid and trying to through dirt all over the neighborhood.

When push comes to shove, those photoshoped or tin pot military equipment not going to be much of help.
The RC model of a fighter jet is not a photoshoped or tin pot equipment. Every single military design has a history of R&D and various improvements. And we are not exceptions in this
You are mortal enemies with Saudis, Turkey I believe is bombing your territory for providing sanctuary to PKK
PKK or YPG have a long history of terrorism in our boundaries. Ask Turks, they PKK and YPG have killed thousands of our soldiers in NW boundaries with Turkey. But there is a saying, my enemy's enemy is my friend. They, for example Peshmarga or Kubani kurds, were fighting ISIS terrorists in Iraq and we helped them. On the other hand Germany, USA and other NATO members tried to infiltrate in Kurish controlled areas, indeed by providing them with light weapons. We had to fight their influence between kurds actually it was competition between us and NATO members. Turkey is one of the most confused countries in the world, they are a NATO member serving them at it's best while NATO is spplying Kurds and conducting coup inside Turkish army against the elected government!!! Perhaps Russian protection for Turks could satisfy them to leave NATO traitors and join us. Off topic LOL
Our stupid Generals threatened Jeysh ul Adl which has already sweared allegiance to ISIS!!! I want to see a joint cooperation between Iran and Pakistan in those boundaries, the same offer to Turks who refused it and now they are struggling for their integrity. Guys! we want your safety but you are too slow to understand that.
You are our neighbours and we dont want any fires in your home because we will also feel the heat, but your leaders are stupid and trying to through dirt all over the neighborhood.
Thanks about kind words, but we have nothing against you. We still have some questions to ask from Jadhav!. His connection to Jeysh ul zolm has a big truth inside. Al-Saud family will pay special elements to avoid such thing happen. But the day we investigate Jadhav, many realities will come out

we dont want any fires in your home because we will also feel the heat, but your leaders are stupid and trying to through dirt all over the neighborhood.
You can tell these to the Iranian which were martyred by the terrorists who are stationed inside Pakistan, or the dozens more who were martyred previously.
You have become the ally of Saudi Arabia which is bluntly expressing his will to do what you say you don't want to do.
we look at the actions not cheap words.

You can tell these to the Iranian which were martyred by the terrorists who are stationed inside Pakistan, or the dozens more who were martyred previously.
You have become the ally of Saudi Arabia which is bluntly expressing his will to do what you say you don't want to do.
we look at the actions not cheap words.

Take your BS where the sun dont shine. Quite thick coming from you where your country has become the lunching pad of Indian terrorists who have killed thousands of innocent Pakistani citizens in various acts of terrorism over the years. You have no grounds to stand to lecture Pakistan about terrorism. What ever happening in your sistan Provence got all to do with your wrong policies of marginalizing the local Sunni population.

Its non of our business how you run your country but we wont take any non sense from you if your policies have backlash at home and you try to throw dirt at us , externalizing our own homegrown problem.

Thanks about kind words, but we have nothing against you. We still have some questions to ask from Jadhav!. His connection to Jeysh ul zolm has a big truth inside. Al-Saud family will pay special elements to avoid such thing happen. But the day we investigate Jadhav, many realities will come out

I think your leaders specially your generals are not telling you the whole truth. Its quite astonishing that India was operating such a large scale terrorist setup from Iranian soil, yet Iranian generals were not aware of it. It is also being reported that Indian consulates in Iran specially in Zahedan are the hub of anti-Pakistan terrorists activities. All this happening right under the nose of Iranian military is quite hard to believe that they were not aware of what was going on.

As I said Iran is our neighbor, and sometimes you cannot get on with your neighbor but that doesnt mean you will try to lit fire in your neighbor house because eventually the fire will reach your door as well. The bellicose statement from Iran military chief was foolish and irresponsible, hope he learned his lessons and we wont see the repeat of it going forward, despite of any circumstance and events in future. Pakistan has been acting mature despite losing 50k citizens in foreign sponsored terrorist activities since 9/11, we expect others behave the same.

Back
Top Bottom