What's new

The Economist: Bangladesh’s GDP per capita now higher than Pakistan’s

Before that have a civil war too
No need of a civil war. We r a peaceful nation, as u already know.

Yes, in future we might capture arakan and west bengal in order to form a greater bangla. But that will take a long time. For now, becoming an economic powerhouse is our primary goal. :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice try, It is a Bangladesh section in a Pakistani forum. Go to a Bangladeshi forum if you want to do some Bangladeshi chest thumping against Pakistanis.

They are, give it time. One got banned recently for promoting its rerouting on it.

Thats hilsa-rious.

:enjoy:I'm stealing that one, just like we steal those fishies too.

I never claimed that Pakistan was ahead of China and USA you twit.

I just said Pakistan is leagues ahead of Bangladesh as an overall country.

Bangladesh should be compared to countries like Bolivia, South Sudan, and Zimbabwe.
You were implying that Pakistan is leagues ahead of Bangladesh that's why there are Bangladeshi users in Pakistani forum......but there are also American and Chinese users in Pakistani forum as well. Rendering your argument useless unless you beieve Pakistan is ahead of them as well.

Looking at Pakistan's hunger index scores, it seems Pakistan is comparable to Burundi, Mozambique or Somalia.

Our next target should be surpassing Vietnam. Its Very much possible. :enjoy:
Don't think so.....Vietnam's per capita is like $2500 as of 2018. Exports are above $200Bn. Ease of doing business rank 68 compared to BD's pathetic 177. Unless Vietnam goes into war with China, I don't see BD catching up with them....the gap is far too big. The reason we managed to catch up with Pakistan is because their Performance has been pathetic since Musharraf left.

Don't think so.....Vietnam's per capita is like $2500 as of 2018. Exports are above $200Bn. Ease of doing business rank 68 compared to BD's pathetic 177. Unless Vietnam goes into war with China, I don't see BD catching up with them....the gap is far too big. The reason we managed to catch up with Pakistan is because their Performance has been pathetic since Musharraf left.

BD's growth is higher than VN. FDI to Gross domestic capital formation is 25% for VN whereas for BD it 2-3%. BD has huge room for FDI and take the growth rate even higher.

BD's growth is higher than VN.
Difference is minuscule. Vietnam also grows around 7%.
FDI to Gross domestic capital formation is 25% for VN whereas for BD it 2-3%. BD has huge room for FDI and take the growth rate even higher.
Our ease of doing business ranking is sh!t compared to Vietnam......Unlike us their exports are not textile dependent...they exports machinates and other electrical products in high number....our industries don't even compare to them.

BD is a success story and if anybody deserves the credit, it is Hasina madam. Few years ago, when the radicalism was on sire in BD, It seemed that BD will become an another failed state like many other Islamic states but BD reversed that. Not only she contained radicalism, She duided BD to the path of progress from where they can see a good future ahead. My salute to this lady.

You were implying that Pakistan is leagues ahead of Bangladesh that's why there are Bangladeshi users in Pakistani forum......but there are also American and Chinese users in Pakistani forum as well. Rendering your argument useless unless you beieve Pakistan is ahead of them as well.

Looking at Pakistan's hunger index scores, it seems Pakistan is comparable to Burundi, Mozambique or Somalia.

I never said the reason for Bangladeshi users in PDF forums is that Pakistan is leagues ahead Bangladesh you idiot.

bangladesh is a crappy country compared to Pakistan.

Don't even get me started here. Please bug off, will ya?

I never said the reason for Bangladeshi users in PDF forums is that Pakistan is leagues ahead Bangladesh you idiot.

bangladesh is a crappy country compared to Pakistan.

Don't even get me started here. Please bug off, will ya?

How many comparison you need between Bangladesh and Pakistan? Per capita gdp wise? Export earning? Literacy rate? Woman empowerment? HDI? Let me know about it!!

How many comparison you need between Bangladesh and Pakistan? Per capita gdp wise? Export earning? Literacy rate? Woman empowerment? HDI? Let me know about it!!
Yes ofcourse, who has nuclear weapons, who has a larger population and diaspora, who has a larger economy GDP nominal.

Stop talking garbage here and go to Bangladeshi forum. :lol:

Yes ofcourse, who has nuclear weapons, who has a larger population and diaspora, who has a larger economy GDP nominal.

Going by all these, does that mean Pakistan is leagues ahead of Finland or New Zealand as well? Pakistan has nukes, bigger population, diaspora and GDP nominal.

When it comes to per capita gdp nominal Pakistan is lagging behind, in terms of export earning almost half to the amount that Bangladesh export, in terms of remittance both countries receive almost same amount as gdp even though number of NRP can be higher!!! In terms of literacy specially female literacy Pakistan is way behind. So who is ahead? With the nuke what you are gonna do? Are you gonna eat? North Korea has nuke but South Korea does not, is it really a big deal?

Back
Top Bottom