What's new

The Dilemma of Iran’s Resistance Economy

And once again it becomes clear that Iran needs a war economy:

Rahbar was the only great president that Iran ever had, and Iran needs a new president who takes him as a role model.

And once again it becomes clear that Iran needs a war economy:

Rahbar was the only great president that Iran ever had, and Iran needs a new president who takes him as a role model.
well at his presidency time all power was in the hand of prime minister AKA mr. Moosavi from green movement and moosavi was a staunch supporter of governmental economy which was acceptable at war time bt at peace time i'm not that certain about its effectiveness so I hope your new president don't take moosavi as role model

No.

Obviously since then he changed 180°, otherwise he would not have become the darling of neo-liberal messias Rafsanjani.
yes the majority of the power was in hand of prime minster
well at the time of his prime ministry . he also was the darling of Rafsanjani . and mr. khomeini also usually took his side when there was disagreement between him and other politicians

yes the majority of the power was in hand of prime minster
well at the time of his prime ministry . he also was the darling of Rafsanjani . and mr. khomeini also usually took his side when there was disagreement between him and other politicians

I repeat myself:

"Obviously since then he changed 180° "

Later he wanted to be the man that Rouhani is since 2013.

doubt that. they have different personalities and ideas

If he had been the same person as he was in the 80's, he would not have become Rafsanjanis desired candidate. If you are Rafsanjanis desired candidate, you make the policy that Rouhani makes, who is the neoliberal and "market-friendly" president that Rafsanjani wished for.

If he had been the same person as he was in the 80's, he would not have become Rafsanjanis desired candidate. If you are Rafsanjanis desired candidate, you make the policy that Rouhani makes, who is the neoliberal and "market-friendly" president that Rafsanjani wished for.
he also was rafsanjanis desired candidate in 80s

he also was rafsanjanis desired candidate in 80s

That's irrelevant, what matters is what he wanted decades later, and what he wanted can be seen in Rouhanis policies in the past eight years.

That's irrelevant, what matters is what he wanted decades later, and what he wanted can be seen in Rouhanis policies in the past eight years.
and i believe rouhani and moosavi wanted different things

Resistance economy is a good thing given certain qualifiers.

China is an example of such a resistance economy done right because such an economy has to be so airtight and self reliant that if all imports were cut off the next day, the country could still function. Mainly this is because China manufactures everything from electronics to cars to planes. In China's case, they don't even need to import because usually they are the ones exporting to others and it would actually be more expensive for Chinese to import.

Basically Iran has to get to a point where it is cheaper to make some item locally than to import it. The difference between a resistance economy and non-resistance economy is that the former does not have external trade pressures created by internal demand for external products which allows it to "resist."

To some end Iran is already halfway there mainly because it has to be, because of sanctions, importing is not even an option in many cases, so Iran has a disproportionately high ability to manufacture in heavy industries relative to most countries of its size.

You would be amazed how many countries import basic things like steel, chemicals, household appliances, electronics like flashlights, TV's, internet cables. Saudi Arabia infamously even imported sand. Most countries do not invest heavily in manufacturing and that's why they are so weak and helpless.

In Iran, all of this stuff is made locally. Maybe it doesn't sound like much by itself, but when you combine local manufacturing all of these things like steel, chemicals, and internet cables, you have the technology to build a missile. This is why it is so important to invest in small manufacturing, by itself it doesn't look like much, but in the end it adds up, and this small manufacturing of basic things like steel, chemicals, and electronics is why Iran can put satellites in space while other countries can't. You will not find a single independent country in the world that is not strong in manufacturing and heavy industry. All of the strong countries in the world like China, US, Germany, Japan, are all very strong in manufacturing and that is not some coincidence.

What do China, US, Germany, Japan all have in common?

They all makes planes, cars, electronics, and software. In other words, they don't need to import anything.

Last edited:

Saudi Arabia infamously even imported sand.

That's not "infamous" at all. After water, sand is the most consumed resource in the world, it is essential for many things, from building to microchips.
It doesn't matter that Saudi Arabia is a desert country, desert sand is useless, you need beach sand or sand from the bottom of the oceans.

That's not "infamous" at all. After water, sand is the most consumed resource in the world, it is essential for many things, from building to microchips.
It doesn't matter that Saudi Arabia is a desert country, desert sand is useless, you need beach sand or sand from the bottom of the oceans.
well I taught KSA have some shore on western and eastern side but I may be wrong

well I taught KSA have some shore on western and eastern side but I may be wrong

Well I thought that the world doesn't has endless resources but I may be wrong

A terrible development, even if the economy grows, it only benefits the rich....that is the problem when you have a president who favours neo-liberal economics.

Iran needs a resistance economy now more than ever!

Back
Top Bottom