What's new

The Corrupt Inept Military

pak-marine

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

So you’ve just woken up and decided to take a note of things. You are the cool generation with gizmos and gadgets at your disposal, a million news channels, freedom of expression and the luxury of having an ‘opinion’. Hello new-age liberals, peace-lovers and critics of the Armed forces; I welcome you.

Does the PNS Mehran attack anger you? Ofcourse it does. You are the ones shouting louder than the noise of gunfire and bomb blasts. You have an opinion on everything and you are standing by your conclusion that the Pakistan Armed forces are inept, incompetent and unable to defend. And lately, your argument has taken a newer flavour, something on the lines of ‘they can’t even defend their own base, let alone this country’.

Okay, I am going to hear you out. I will try to reason with you, but I cannot promise not to lose my temper. I cannot promise thinking from my brain and not from my heart. I cannot promise you any of this because of just one simple reason.

I reject you and your cool posse. You are not better than the soldier/sailor who loses his life in the line of duty. How can you even begin to criticise them? For what, I ask you? For toiling in the heat all day long while you sit away logged on to your Facebook accounts, throwing flurries and flurries of opinionated diarrhoea that you just picked up from some stupid talk show hosted by channels having political alliances? Or for the fact that they spend months away from their families and loved ones, engaging in battle with the enemies of the State, not because of their hatred towards them or because they have an opinion, but because of the SIMPLE fact that the State requires them to do so, and they OBEY for the love of the land, and for the love of the country, while you hook up with an attractive female from your university and spend your time in a dimly lit café in Zamzama talking about how the Government is the nation and how “REVOLUTION” is the need of the hour? Or maybe you’re just pissed because the soldier will always be fifty notches cooler than you because he bleeds on the battlefield like a true man, while you sit away in your comfortable car and your comfortable home on a full stomach THINKING that you have made it big in life and this is as high as anyone could go?

Lt. Yaser Abbas, born July 22, 1986, embraced Shahadat during the attack on PNS Mehran along with 10 other Naval personnel. Let us look back and see what you were upto when this happened. You obviously got an SMS from one of your cool friends who has the job of being the amateur news reporter. You ran and turned the TV on. You watched what was going on. And you cursed the Pakistan Navy and the Pakistan Army AND the Pakistan Air Force because THAT is what you have been doing ever since the Osama Bin Laden incident happened. You cursed them for being inept, for being incapable and for being disloyal to the interests of Pakistan. You cursed the whole institution over the mistakes made by a few members of the institution. The same institution that was the source of immense pride ever since you took your first step. Do not lie to yourself. Somewhere during your life, you have had dreams of joining the same institution that you so openly bash now.

I ask you one question. What do you have in answer to the lives that the institution loses in the name of protecting the country? What do you have that makes you better than the soldier/sailor of your own age group who goes to the battlefield to protect the country or die trying?

You may have a million arguments ready. You may have a thousand more accusations to throw. You may have historical incidents marking grave periods of darkness in Pakistan’s history, linked to the Pakistan Armed forces and you may bring up the recent influx of information on the Pakistan Army’s failures to protect the sovereignty of this country. But I have only one argument in return. We all need heroes. We all need heroes to believe in. And the boys who bleed on the battlefield or in the line of duty, just so you and I can go and waste our lives behind a computer screen in an air-conditioned room, will ALWAYS be my heroes.

I salute them; for having the courage to die for a cause.

I reject you; because you have NO CAUSE.

This goes out to all the soldiers and sailors who have lost their lives ever since Pakistan came into existence.

And for all you cool people, go ahead, throw more dirt. It’s freedom of speech. Enjoy it. That’s all you’ll ever do.:pakistan:

i just wonder again and again and can not believe my eyes what shamefully our navy chief say its not security lap .god damn for hell sake what more reaming you .......................................................................................... ???they come attack destroy your 2P-3cs and enter in your largest naval air base .walk inside 2km to reach planes kill 12 and still manage to escape 2 .for god sake for Pakistan sake resign if you are a solder .but sorry to say this time we have worse of worse military and civil management . Pakistan is under the mercy of USA and TTP not under gov and our forces .day by day terrorists becoming more brave more powerful more dangerous and kiyani is silent as there is nothing going on. at least order to deploy more solders on front and at least we can increase air raids on them at least ISI should do some thing to reduce these attack but nothing all are in deep sleeping .

So youve just woken up and decided to take a note of things. You are the cool generation with gizmos and gadgets at your disposal, a million news channels, freedom of expression and the luxury of having an opinion. Hello new-age liberals, peace-lovers and critics of the Armed forces; I welcome you.

Snip......

........More B.S.........

I reject you and your cool posse. You are not better than the soldier/sailor who loses his life in the line of duty. How can you even begin to criticise them? For what, I ask you? For toiling in the heat all day long while you sit away logged on to your Facebook accounts, throwing blah.... Blah....

Respect to the Lt.... But in general more rant otherwise from the pompous army defender

Now the response. It is quite natural for the pakistan army generals to hide behind the poor soldiers. Yahya did it, ayub did it, zia did it and also musshraff did it so no surprise that kiyani is doing it now.

The fumny thing is that Pakistan and its soldiers are recalled and revered by the generals only when they are soiling their pants. Today even the name of the brave Lt. Yasser is game because he is the genuine hero. All just to avoid the questions about where kiyani and pasha etc have been the last two days. Authority without accountability is the favourite beeline of the generals. The same was after the division of pakistan, the same was after kargill and the same is today. What surprises me is the gall that these generals have to come back to the populace via their apologists to again talk about honor and respect when in effect they have sold all of these for nice plots and nice positions and nice schools and colloeges in US for their kids. Bad general is not one that fights and loses the battle. It is the one that hides his failure behind his men. Now continue your diatribe over the 35000 dead pakistanis and over 4000 dead servicemen including Lt. Yasser two days back. Go on seek the glory for your generals.

There are some people in Pakistan for whom the country comes before the armed force. There are people in Pak who love their country more than they love their armed forces. Not every kid get impressed by their shining shoes and glittering uniform.I can assure you that every Pakistani has huge respect for the soldiers who are defending our borders with their blood but it still doesn't mean that the upper echelon of the army should be allowed to treat the whole country as their personal fiefdom. May Allah bless the soul of shaheed Lt. Yasir' and may Kayani and all the generals rot in hell, including Zia, Musharraf, Yahaya, and Ayub.

The dude seems personally hit.. and no only reason you get personally hit is if your daddy or uncle is in the force.
But at least he has the guts to admit the big picture.. THERE ARE BAD APPLES in the military as well.. Which is all people wish to say..
Yet even this seems as unacceptable to some here.

Now the response. It is quite natural for the pakistan army generals to hide behind the poor soldiers. Yahya did it, ayub did it, zia did it and also musshraff did it so no surprise that kiyani is doing it now.

The fumny thing is that Pakistan and its soldiers are recalled and revered by the generals only when they are soiling their pants. Today even the name of the brave Lt. Yasser is game because he is the genuine hero. All just to avoid the questions about where kiyani and pasha etc have been the last two days. Authority without accountability is the favourite beeline of the generals. The same was after the division of pakistan, the same was after kargill and the same is today. What surprises me is the gall that these generals have to come back to the populace via their apologists to again talk about honor and respect when in effect they have sold all of these for nice plots and nice positions and nice schools and colloeges in US for their kids. Bad general is not one that fights and loses the battle. It is the one that hides his failure behind his men. Now continue your diatribe over the 35000 dead pakistanis and over 4000 dead servicemen including Lt. Yasser two days back. Go on seek the glory for your generals.

An indian should be worrying about the condition of your own soldiers and their plight, could post how armed forces in your country are wanting to be paid a decent wage, compared to the civil servants, or how the poor paramilitaries of the CRPS are suffering against the Naxals - but I will refrain from doing so.

We love our Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors - and that is the whole of Pakistan sonny. And like any large institution we have the inept and corrupt, what we need more of is accountability across the board and that includes the Armed Forces. :pakistan:

An indian should be worrying about the condition of your own soldiers and their plight, could post how armed forces in your country are wanting to be paid a decent wage, compared to the civil servants, or how the poor paramilitaries of the CRPS are suffering against the Naxals - but I will refrain from doing so.

We love our Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors - and that is the whole of Pakistan sonny. And like any large institution we have the inept and corrupt, what we need more of is accountability across the board and that includes the Armed Forces. :pakistan:
Stop the propaganda and check the pay lelels of our forces after the 6th pay commissiom. And renember that these are Indian Rupees. Rest let us not bring up the matter of respect of the soldiers by the generals. The tales of the dead soldiers of the AJK Rifles is well documented and was also acknowledged widely in the biography of the great general musshharraff. If you grateful for the situation where the generals have put pakistan and its soldiers today, well then congratulations on having them and good luck. But i had to write my views because so much of bull does not float so easily in India. All honor and respect to you!!

thats what author is trying to differentiate btw our boys who are fighting and dying for their country and on the other hand those two faced (stupid) generals ... its important to do so as these men are fighting very hard and they are the only thing between us and the enemy

Stop the propaganda and check the pay lelels of our forces after the 6th pay commissiom. And renember that these are Indian Rupees. Rest let us not bring up the matter of respect of the soldiers by the generals. The tales of the dead soldiers of the AJK Rifles is well documented and was also acknowledged widely in the biography of the great general musshharraff. If you grateful for the situation where the generals have put pakistan and its soldiers today, well then congratulations on having them and good luck. But i had to write my views because so much of bull does not float so easily in India. All honor and respect to you!!

Again this is a Pakistani matter and has nothing at all to do with india, we will sort our generals out, if we feel the need to. Again worry about your own soldiers and countrymen.

And btw forces are not incompetent,Generals are.Our soldiers are paying the heavy price of there mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom