What's new

Pakistan's intelligence failure at controlling domestic narratives effectively and poor information warfare

African Jews are not European Jews. Middle Eastern Jews are not European Jews.
African Jews are 2% of overall population

there used to be fault lines between Ashenkazi and Sephardic Jews in the 1980s. I am not sure of the current status. In any case Jews do not have any special privileges compared to other Jews in Israel. It is a whole different story in Pakistan where your village, clan, language and class all matter

African Jews are 2% of overall population

there used to be fault lines between Ashenkazi and Sephardic Jews in the 1980s. I am not sure of the current status. In any case Jews do not have any special privileges compared to other Jews in Israel. It is a whole different story in Pakistan where your village, clan, language and class all matter

Israeli Arabs, Africans, Oriental Jews. Israelis are diverse ethnically. There was a whole documentary on internal conflict I saw on VHS in 2002.

Why is Pakistan failing so badly at controlling its own domestic narrative of its own audience?

Let's make a comparison between Israel and Pakistan - Israel is quite literally committing a genocide and their entire population is defending and supporting it. On the contrary Pakistan has utterly failed to effectively peddle a single narrative to even its own citizens - let alone international propaganda.

There's a lot to learn with how Israel shapes its population to always stand by their national interests despite what the world may think, even India does this well nowadays. A natural level of homegrown nationalism is like the health bar of every nation.

If you even go online there's absolutely zero counter to the propaganda being spread against it online. It's like Pakistan doesn't have its own professional info-network of pro-Pakistan/establishment narratives to weaken enemy/terrorist group narratives - on the contrary even Afghan Taliban has a decently strong network and leverages weird diaspora Islamists to give it a boost.

I found this interview online of someone with interactions with the ISI, even he mentions that Pakistan ignorantly neglects a lot of critical areas like soft power, and effective information warfare, etc, in comparison to India.

Forget even external enemies, it even struggles countering internal terrorist group propaganda in all domains.

I think there needs to be significant structural reforms done and a review. If you cannot control domestic narrative among your own citizens then that's a huge negative sign.

Pakistan is clearly weak in its intelligence apparatus structure - it should send teams for training to Turkey and perhaps China. You could learn a lot by co-operating with the Turks since they deal with a Kurdish insurgency so they'll have a lot of effective strategies/counter-measures to share, especially with the similarities here in Pakistan.

@PanzerKiel @RescueRanger @Signalian @Areesh @Goritoes @adnanhassan885 @_NOBODY_
Religion - type of Islam people follow especially the narration by terrorist orgs.

Nationalism - KPK into Afghanistan, Baluchistan into Iran, Sind into India etc.

Religion - type of Islam people follow especially the narration by terrorist orgs.

Nationalism - KPK into Afghanistan, Baluchistan into Iran, Sind into India etc.
Yep. This is why I suggested co-operation with Turkey because the second part especially parallels with their Kurdish insurgency.

Yep. This is why I suggested co-operation with Turkey because the second part especially parallels with their Kurdish insurgency.
Have you noticed that military doesn’t give two hoots about the public opinion which is against it. Military just carries on doing what it is doing, At a basic level, public knows that military will come for help when required such as medical camps or support during calamity.

Have you noticed that military doesn’t give two hoots about the public opinion which is against it. Military just carries on doing what it is doing, At a basic level, public knows that military will come for help when required such as medical camps or support during calamity.

This kind of thinking is why the narrative is so poor in the first place 😂😂

“Dollar will go up” and then proceed to crash the economy smfhhhh

That's a bad strategy, having public support is very necessary for many many reasons

I could list a lot but you'd very much prefer stability

Last edited:
Its a good question. I will try to put forward my response dispassionately.

The problem is institutions are not allowed to mature with constant interference by the establishment.

Judiciary interference by establishment and we see travesty of justice.

Police interference by establishment and we see people apprehended based on their political affiliations.

Political interference by establishment and the love for a hybrid regime where both parties decay over time.

Other institutions are facing the same issue. Interference and adhocism has given rise to ilk who are now at the helm. These folks are making worse decisions and that’s really the reason of Pakistan’s predicament.

It comes down to building strong institutions, having a period of stability, true democratic reforms and you’ll see things coming on track.

Its a good question. I will try to put forward my response dispassionately.

The problem is institutions are not allowed to mature with constant interference by the establishment.

Judiciary interference by establishment and we see travesty of justice.

Police interference by establishment and we see people apprehended based on their political affiliations.

Political interference by establishment and the love for a hybrid regime where both parties decay over time.

Other institutions are facing the same issue. Interference and adhocism has given rise to ilk who are now at the helm. These folks are making worse decisions and that’s really the reason of Pakistan’s predicament.

It comes down to building strong institutions, having a period of stability, true democratic reforms and you’ll see things coming on track.
Key word: Meritocracy.

There's no culture of meritocracy or professional standards. Parchis and corruption is how the system runs. Quality people are sidelined and are forced elsewhere and sometimes even entirely abroad.

Updated 24 Oct, 2023 11:17am
Businessman skips FIA hearing in money laundering probe
THE NEWSPAPER'S STAFF REPORTER
LAHORE: Businessman Sabir Hameed alias Sabir Mithu, a relative of a high-profile figure, on Monday did not appear before the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in a money laundering probe.

According to officials, Sabir Mithu skipped the FIA hearing and instead sent his lawyer to seek more time to join the investigation.

The FIA anti-money laundering circle Lahore had issued a call-up notice to Mithu saying, “This is in pursuant to an ongoing criminal investigation in this agency on the allegation of high volume suspicious transactions into your bank accounts contrary to the declared business profile.
It further says, “It has come to fore that you are maintaining 19 bank accounts (14 of rupee and five of foreign currency) with the aggregate credit turnover of Rs5.34 billion during the course of inquiry and perusal of record available with this agency.”

He was asked to submit records about FBR returns/ declarations for 2016 to 2023 (personal & business), list of all countries visited/ international travels and list of all offshore/ shell companies and business vehicles.

List of all international assets (properties, investments and accounts) held directly or indirectly through any offshore/ shell companies or business vehicles, by him, his spouse or any other family member, and bank transactions were also sought.

The call-up notice also carried a warning of legal action for not appearing before the investigation team.
Is this Haram zada above law..
If Imran is in jail why is he skipping court and roaming free.
I suggest police fir should be filled against him in all over Pakistan... Let him run all over.

This is a dum#ss strategy that will result in the destruction of Pakistan. Every military in the world - from the best in America to the worst in India - has a decent public relations program.

This is a dum#ss strategy that will result in the destruction of Pakistan. Every military in the world - from the best in America to the worst in India - has a decent public relations program.
So does PA through ISPR. The reach out is for areas where civil government fails in many aspects like I mentioned medical camps and aid during calamity. That’s when military reaches out to the common man. Not the ones who sit online day, have access to cooked food and money flowing in banks through jobs on chairs. There hasn’t been a decline in recruitment - army or paramilitary.

And this isn’t a strategy. The rural, far flung, villages etc areas host more population than the well offs in cities of Pakistan.

Thank you for affirming that the napaks have no intention of being answerable to anyone, even God Almighty himself.

They placed 200 fake cases on IK? Doesn't that make it obvious that they're all fake. Nawaz Sharif was declared corrupt and removed from power but now since he's back for some reason all cases are being cleared for him, isnt it obvious a game being played.
Following Five eyes politics. Europe does this.

Sharif sounds neoliberal and Pakistan is going neoliberal. It was the opposite under trump. Seems cringeworthy and pathetic to me.

Back
Top Bottom