What's new

The 'clean-up' of Empress Market doesn't have to be this way

There are way too many hypocrits in our society and plenty of them on this very forum.
First they have issues with the streets not being clean, and when some one actually goes out and does it then they have issues with how and why it's being done.

Why don't you idiots just shut up for an year or two and go sleep and waste your life in some cave and let things happen, instead of falling victim to propaganda from the media?

These idiot shopkeepers are supposed to know the orders of the Supreme Court and those bulldozers are not being operated by indians, they are their own country men and I'm sure they would have done their thing to be courteous, but these idiots instead of vacating their shops would have tried some back hand deals to keep the shops which failed of course.
And for those who have issues with the orders of the Supreme Court and Imran Khan's residence whatever, why don't you go and ask that from the Supreme Court instead of being hypocrits and loud mouths with no brains as usual?

If some one doesn't do anything you idiots have issues.
If some one is doing something then you still have issues.
Do you people even deserve a legit and civilized government? I think most of you should be sent to a different part of the country and let the corrupt assholes rule over you because that's all you deserve I guess...
Some of the commentators may not even be Pakistanis, and those that are, are just trying to show that they are some important people and are equal to anyone (at-least from behind the keyboard). Most of these nutjobs even believe in All these PDF rankings e.g. general, colonel think tank consultant/analyst etc. So they have no choice but to keep up the pretense, it's an ego thing.

Great business model/gimmick on part of PDF for generating traffic etc.

As I said before, tyranny of the rich against the hapless poor. Without understanding the reality of the situation, you are getting high on mutual back-patting and self-justification. Go read the OP again, as well as any number of articles in Dawn.

As I said before, tyranny of the rich against the hapless poor. Without understanding the reality of the situation, you are getting high on mutual back-patting and self-justification. Go read the OP again, as well as any number of articles in Dawn.

I prefer following common sense instead of getting my knowledge from "Dawn" because "dawn" is like "yawn", and only mindless folk would find it useful.

Poverty alleviation at its finest.
it looks poors alleviation not poverty

Karachi anti-encroachment drive: People whose shops were demolished will be allotted space in Parking Plaza
November 16, 2018

Empress.jpg

As many as 150 shopkeepers, whose shops were razed during an anti-encroachment operation around Karachi’s Empress Market, will be given shops in Saddar’s Parking Plaza in the first phase.

The shopkeepers will be given shops in three phases, Karachi Mayor Waseem Akhtar and Commissioner Iftikhar Ahmed Shalwani decided on Friday. They will get place in nearest KMC markets in the second phase. The government will give shopkeepers land to build shops in the third phase.

The authorities have also decided to remove encroachments from drains, footpaths, parks, and roundabouts.

An anti-encroachment operation will soon be launched in areas around MA Jinnah Road, Aram Bagh, Jama Cloth Market, Khori Garde, and Lee Market.

Later, the mayor and the commissioner visited the Parking Plaza.

Akhtar said that the local government will soon start cleaning work in the Parking Plaza.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/11/k...-allotted-space-in-parking-plaza-kmc-markets/

you're
also they should make sure that they are properly taxed as no one paid tax while they earned millions in last several decades.

clean every corner of pakistan man . we want to see real faces of cites . no more crying bla bla of poor . ghareeb hai to ja ker mazdoori kary humry cities ko gutter na banay .

this was our financial capital don town ,was looking like slum area . and if gov clean it now people bash gov . hypocrites

but it is not

how it used to be:
Empressmkt1890.jpg

empress_market__karachi__pak_by_sultanbh.jpg

karachi-empress-market-exterior-022.jpg

what it turned into:
clock-tower-of-empress-market-karachi-pakistan-picture-id587028423

Empress_Market.jpg

dsc_0078.jpg

empress-market-spices.jpg
dan what a disgusting images . someone rehabilitate this historic place and make it museum or library man

Alright I think I need to clarify. In Punjab, where there is a PTI government, I supported the initiative. I knew they will look after the poor. Case in point, the dumb stallkeeper whose plight was highlighted in the media.

But then, the Bani Gala case came up, AND the operation in Karachi is bring run by Waseem Akhtar. I think Imran Khan has lost the moral upper ground now. Everyone saying people can just grab government land and then make demands, well that is essentially what Imran Khan has also done.

And secondly, I have no trust in Waseem Akhtar.

@Oscar @Dubious @Thorough Pro @Kabira and everyone else

The encroachment drive has no business with PTI , Waseem Akhter or John Trivolta .. its the supreme court decision

clean every corner of pakistan man . we want to see real faces of cites . no more crying bla bla of poor . ghareeb hai to ja ker mazdoori kary humry cities ko gutter na banay .

“humry cities “ . Interesting. Not theirs ?

“humry cities “ . Interesting. Not theirs ?
cities are for those whom own them whom care them . how can be its their city if they make it like shitty slum ? please tell me the stalls in over the world look like this sh1t ? poor people make stalls in all over world but with some sense . if they own city they will not make it what its look like .

cities are for those whom own them whom care them . how can be its their city if they make it like shitty slum ? please tell me the stalls in over the world look like this sh1t ? poor people make stalls in all over world but with some sense . if they own city they will not make it what its look like .

That’s a very slippery slope. Tomorrow someone powerful from Bahria/DHA May use these very arguments against old city neighbourhoods. Middle class people living in those areas also do not pay their fair share. Those unplanned portion of cities may not look aesthetically pleasing to powerful in near future.

These traders are filthy rich i have only sympthaies to those who were employed by them
a small shop keeper in our small village earn daily 5 to 10k . and these goons sitting in middle of financial hub of paksitan may was earning daily 20 to 50k .paksitanis overall bussniess se sirf kamaty hain lagaty nhi . they don't care about wor envoirment . clean gentle place .

this how people make stalls inside market like empress market
market-stalls-inside-the-city-market-building-in-downtown-saint-johnbay-BEW1C6.jpg

this how our people make stalls inside market
dsc_0078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom