What's new

The Chosen People?

^boy this thread has been hi-jacked - we wanted to discuss the US's 'blinkered' view / unashamed support of Israel.

^boy this thread has been hi-jacked - we wanted to discuss the US's 'blinkered' view / unashamed support of Israel.

US has a global view, not blinkered in any way, and there is no "shame" or lack thereof in international geopolitics.

With that stated, can we expect a good discussion here then?

I don't know what to say here,
People start belive in "Chosen ones" and you end up calling yours as the chosen one.
God does not favour one tribe over the other if he ever was real. He sees every one as equal and does not discriminate one over the other all he see is the worth of a person via the persons thoughts, speach and actions to join his kingdom.

The Kingdom of Israel in 1000BC
394px-Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg.png

Map of Nation of Israel today
Israel_map.jpg

^^ starting from the last.

What you quoted is the Jewish version of things, they resemble Islamic version but they are not the same.
There is a very very important lesson here. Think before you read on and see if you can guess what it is.

The lesson:
If you look closely you will see what matters is Yaqub (Jacob) and Ismael (Ishmael) were Abraham's sons from Sarah and Hajra respectively. Sarah was barren for a long time, however she was given the news of a son when according to Jewish tradition the three wise men came, and as per Islamic tradition the angels came in human form.
Jewish tradition we feel has been redefined to suite human understanding of a conflict between the two women, and mistreating etc; thus they say Hajra was sent away to Arabia with Ismael.

Wrong again. The three wise men (Magi's/Kings from the East) came visiting during Jesus Christ birth, bearing gifts to the promised messiah. There is more than 2000years gap between Isaac's birth and Jesus birth. There is no confusion in Jewish/Christian account of these events, since they are very well recorded and in chronological order.

All hail the chosen ones :D Thy shall not pollute nor corrupt their holy blood.
25% of Israelis are not Jews, ignorant. This is made because foreign workers can make fake marriages to remain in country.

Now that we are all history, I think I should add some more.

Abraham AS had two wives, Sara RA and Hajra RA. ( they are quoted in jewish and christian texts as well as muslim).

Sara was from Royal family, Hajra was slave woman.

Sara gave birth to Issac AS and Hajra to Ismael AS.

Issac stayed in Abraham's land, Ismael was brought down to Mecca to start build Kaaba.

All prophets hence forth came from Issac's blood line EXCEPT Mohammad pbuh.

The Jews knew a last prophet would come, and to find the last prophet many of them had migrated to present day saudi Arabia.

but when the prophet came , they refused to accept because he was from Hajra's blood.

Their pride did bad to them.

Pride for sure is the biggest sin of all.
So Jews migrated to Arabia especially to meet the last prophet, but when he came they did not accet him because he was an Arab? That makes a perfect sense :lol:

Jews did not accept Muhammad for simple reason that he did not bring anything new to us.

Children of Israel WERE the chosen people
We believe that god does not change his mind.

US has a global view, not blinkered in any way, and there is no "shame" or lack thereof in international geopolitics.

With that stated, can we expect a good discussion here then?

oh please spare me!!!

Jews did not accept Muhammad for simple reason that he did not bring anything new to us.

Perhaps the message was similar by like that by design. What was the difference in messages of the various Israelite Prophets. Their message was all the same too.

He promised Israelites the promised land and then changed his mind and made them wander for 40 years

Perhaps the message was similar by like that by design. What was the difference in messages of the various Israelite Prophets. Their message was all the same too.
Well other prophets did not claim to be something super special, nor they changed commands, like switching quibla from Jerusalem to Mecca or changing holidays.

He promised Israelites the promised land and then changed his mind and made them wander for 40 years
He promised land to seed of Israel, not to specific people.

Wrong again. The three wise men (Magi's/Kings from the East) came visiting during Jesus Christ birth, bearing gifts to the promised messiah. There is more than 2000years gap between Isaac's birth and Jesus birth. There is no confusion in Jewish/Christian account of these events, since they are very well recorded and in chronological order.

Please check your knowledge.
me and 500 will both correct you as this is common between us and them.

Abraham's time runs parallel with Lut's time.
When the angels were sent to turn the people of Lut upside down ( because they did homosexual acts), on the way they stopped over at Abraham's place.
Thus the reference of three wise men and they gave news of Sarah having a child, upon which she laughed.

25% of Israelis are not Jews, ignorant. This is made because foreign workers can make fake marriages to remain in country.

So Jews migrated to Arabia especially to meet the last prophet, but when he came they did not accet him because he was an Arab? That makes a perfect sense :lol:

Please do tell us, why did the Jews migrate to Arabia then ?
and I heard of this term "Hagareins" .. what is it suppose to mean ?

Eventually, it is sad....
That me 500 and the pope in Vatican believe
1. There is ONE GOD and only ONE GOD.
2. We both believe Abraham was God's loved prophet, and we will not argue about him.
3. We both believe that people of Lut were destroyed because they were homosexuals.
4. We both believe same foods as Halal = Kosher, and have the same way of animal slaughter

Yet today, we can't do any thing about it.
We are being forced to accept a world where it is OK that above listed are irrelevant.

Please check your knowledge.
me and 500 will both correct you as this is common between us and them.

When the angels were sent to turn the people of Lut upside down ( because they did homosexual acts), on the way they stopped over at Abraham's place.
Thus the reference of three wise men and they gave news of Sarah having a child, upon which she laughed.

2. We both believe Abraham was God's loved prophet, and we will not argue about him.
3. We both believe that people of Lut were destroyed because they were homosexuals.
4. We both believe same foods as Halal = Kosher, and have the same way of animal slaughter

We are being forced to accept a world where it is OK that above listed are irrelevant.

Lot (Arabic Lut) is not a place, but a person. Lot was a nephew of Abraham who used to reside in the city of Sodom. God sent 3 angels to destroy Sodom (from which the word 'Sodomy' came) and Gomorrah, because they were full of sinful people. Abraham negotiated with these 3 angles to spare the cities, if they found even 10 rightful people in them. Finally the angels could not find even 10 rightful people and destroyed the 2 cities.

Jews migrated all over the world. Number of Jews in Babylon or Spain was much much higher than in Arabia.

Lot (Arabic Lut) is not a place, but a person. Lot was a nephew of Abraham who used to reside in the city of Sodom. God sent 3 angels to destroy Sodom (from which the word 'Sodomy' came) and Gomorrah, because they were full of sinful people. Abraham negotiated with these 3 angles to spare the cities, if they found even 10 rightful people in them. Finally the angels could not find even 10 rightful people and destroyed the 2 cities.

Don't be silly.

Read what I said and don't be trigger happy to reply.
I am referring to Lut as a person a prophet and Abraham's nephew.
People of Lut is an expression used similar to People/Children of Israel.
I agree with what you have quoted, that is correct.
Why have you missed out the part where they gave good news to Sarah and she laughed ?

I really hoped you would talk more about

than any thing else.

Don't be silly.

Read what I said and don't be trigger happy to reply.
I am referring to Lut as a person a prophet and Abraham's nephew.
People of Lut is an expression used similar to People/Children of Israel.
I agree with what you have quoted, that is correct.
Why have you missed out the part where they gave good news to Sarah and she laughed ?

I really hoped you would talk more about

than any thing else.

I think we are in agreement here regarding the story of Sodom and Lot.

Are we in agreement that the Gods chosen people are the descendants of Jacob (Israel), the grandson of Abraham?

Are we in agreement that the Gods chosen people are the descendants of Jacob (Israel), the grandson of Abraham?

You believe they were the children of Jacob, I believe they WERE the children of Jacob.

But tell me, is it very important ? and how so ?

If I suggest that we disagree on what we disagree till God makes the decision between us, are you agreed ?

If I suggest that we team up on the points I listed above, are you in agreement ?

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

You believe they were the children of Jacob, I believe they WERE the children of Jacob.

But tell me, is it very important ? and how so ?

If I suggest that we disagree on what we disagree till God makes the decision between us, are you agreed ?

If I suggest that we team up on the points I listed above, are you in agreement ?

Back
Top Bottom