What's new

The Chosen People?

@sur
i dont understand, islam came 2000 years after judaism. why would allah give jews the status as being the chosen people? every human is equal for allah

According to the old testament in the Bible, the Israelis are God's chosen people.....

In the old Testatment days ISRAEL as a country did not exist.

I think you mean JEWS were depicted as chosen people.

Back in Old Testament days, Israel ( Jacob )was a Prophet, not a country.

This is what happens when you go out of your area of expertise. You sound ignorant and make a fool of yourself.

In the old Testatment days ISRAEL as a country did not exist.

I think you mean JEWS were depicted as chosen people.

Back in Old Testament days, Israel ( Jacob )was a Prophet, not a country.

This is what happens when you go out of your area of expertise. You sound ignorant and make a fool of yourself.

You are right. But the kingdom of Judea (from which the word Jew derives) did exist, wherein the people of Israel lived. Remember Kings David and Solomon? The borders of the ancient kingdom of Judea during the times of king Solomon more or less matches with the present borders of Israel. Also, by saying 'Israeli', i didn't mean the citizens of country called Israel, but the decendants of the Patriarch Jacob, who was also called Israel.

why would Allah give jews the status as being the chosen people?

Because all the almost all Porphets mentioned in the Quran came from the house of Israel from lineage of Hazrat Isaac (AS) up till Hazrat Jesus AS

And Israel is another name for Hazrat Yaqub (Jacob) AS

The Quran now says that the Momineen are now Allah's chosen people

If the Jewish people want to call themselves Allah's chosen people that's fine. I have no problem with that. Their scriptures say so.

What surprises me is willingness of people who don't believe in the Bible to accept this claim. If you quote something else from the Bible (other than the fact that jews are chosen people) they will immediately shut their ears or worse start criticizing Christianity, Bible or religion in general

Jew's were the chosen people till they revolted against Allah time out & time again & rejected to believe in Prophet Jesus (p.b.u.h)

They are so superior, that it is forbidden for non-Jews to mix with the Jews otherwise Jewish blood will be polluted and their sacred and holy genes corrupted.

"Chinese workers at a company in Israel have been forced to agree not to have sex with or marry Israelis as a condition of getting a job.According to a contact they are required to sign, male workers may not have any contact with Israeli women - including prostitutes, a police spokesman, Rafi Yaffe, said. "
Chinese workers in Israel sign no-sex contract | World news | The Guardian

All hail the chosen ones :D Thy shall not pollute nor corrupt their holy blood.

OMFG! Srsly!? :hitwall: :lol:

Jew's were the chosen people till they revolted against Allah time out & time again & rejected to believe in Prophet Jesus (p.b.u.h)

Yes they were deposed of their 'chosen' status finally when the Massiah AS came to extricate them out of their problems and they, in the usual human tradition(!), rejected him. A final window was opened when the Beloved of Allaah Muhammad SAW was sent to us...there was a time before the Qiblah was changed that we were still, wAllahu a3lam, part of the same ummah, until that window too was closed.

However, this Muslim ummah is destined to follow the previous Muslim ummah (the Jews) like the right sandal follows the left one [a Hadiith I don't remember the reference to], in good and in bad. So reflecting on our condition is a better option than to grow complacent in the thought that we're now the chosen people (al ummat al wasata - the middle/moderate nation) after they were deprived of the status. The only assurance is having a sound heart on The Day, and that takes a lot of work and a lot of self-appraisal.

Now that we are all history, I think I should add some more.

Abraham AS had two wives, Sara RA and Hajra RA. ( they are quoted in jewish and christian texts as well as muslim).

Sara was from Royal family, Hajra was slave woman.

Sara gave birth to Issac AS and Hajra to Ismael AS.

Issac stayed in Abraham's land, Ismael was brought down to Mecca to start build Kaaba.

All prophets hence forth came from Issac's blood line EXCEPT Mohammad pbuh.

The Jews knew a last prophet would come, and to find the last prophet many of them had migrated to present day saudi Arabia.

but when the prophet came , they refused to accept because he was from Hajra's blood.

Their pride did bad to them.

Pride for sure is the biggest sin of all.

From a religious point of view strictly I would prefer not to be called "brother"

Ibrahim's sons include Ismael and Jacob,Jews draw their lines from Yaqub, where as Muslims from Ismael.if this statement is correct then how come you say that your are not "brothers".

don't take it as a TROLL,I m just confuse.........

Children of Israel WERE the chosen people and God gave them many many gifts; gave them love more than others.
But the children of Israel always rebelled and always brought shame to themselves.

I've alway thought that god loves every person equally regardless what they believe or how they look,if he/she started discriminating one person from another or one religious believe from anther then I think he is more human then god............

In its current and final version (or iteration as I like to call it), Islam is open to all peoples. So not many Muslims may be related to the Jews. The Arabs however, and those with mixed Arab heritage are very much the blood cousins of Jews.

In the religious framework, all Muslims are cousins to the Jews. The latter bear the religion closest to us. And yes, they and the Christians do have a special status within Islam. They're not called non-Muslims but people-of-the-book. So if you call this discrimination, its theological not racial:)

You made a lots of things clearer,but sill some clouds are their.

Abraham AS had two wives, Sara RA and Hajra RA. ( they are quoted in jewish and christian texts as well as muslim).

Issac stayed in Abraham's land, Ismael was brought down to Mecca to start build Kaaba.

The Jews knew a last prophet would come, and to find the last prophet many of them had migrated to present day saudi Arabia.

but when the prophet came , they refused to accept because he was from Hajra's blood.

Banu Israel and Banu Quraish are the names of these tribes....
Jewish religon is limited to Israelis ... But Islam is opened for humanity....
Still most peoples of Banu Quraish are alive and exist in Southasian region too.....

Makes complete sense now :tup:

Answers my question :D

Wrong. Only Sarah (Sarai) was Abraham's wife. Hagar (Hajra) was Sarah's Egyptian slave girl. When Sarah was not able to bear a child to Abraham, she sent Hagar as surrogate, to bear a child. Ishmael (Ismail) was thus born from Abraham and Hagar. The Hagar started to mistreat her mistress Sarah. So, God felt pity on Sarah and removed her bareness and she bore a son named Isaac whose son was Jacob (Yaqub).
Here is the family tree of Abraham.
Abraham.jpg

Terah: from Ur of the Chaldeans; has three sons; wife not named (11:26-32; cf. Luke 3:34).
Haran: dies in Ur before his father dies; wife not named; son Lot, daughters Milcah & Iscah (11:27-28).
Nahor: marries Milcah, daughter of his brother Haran (11:29); have eight sons, incl. Bethuel (22:20-24).
Abram: main character of Gen 12–25; recipient of God's promises; name changed to ABRAHAM (17:5); sons Ishmael (by Hagar) and Isaac (by Sarah); after Sarah's death, takes another wife, Keturah, who has six sons (25:1-4), including Midian, ancestor of the Midianites (37:28-36).
Lot: son of Haran, thus nephew of Abram, who takes care of him (11:27–14:16; 18:17–19:29); wife and two daughters never named; widowed daughters sleep with their father and bear sons, who become ancestors of the Moabites and Ammonites (19:30-38).

Sarai: Abram's wife, thus Terah's daughter-in-law (11:29-31); Abram also calls her his "sister," which seems deceptive in one story (12:10-20); but in another story Abram insists she really is his half-sister (his father's daughter by another wife; 20:1-18); originally childless, but in old age has a son, Isaac (16:1–21:7); name changed to SARAH (17:15); dies and is buried in Hebron (23:1-20).
Hagar: Sarah's Egyptian slave-girl; mother of Abram's first son, Ishmael; much conflict with Sarah after his birth; even more after the birth of Sarah's son, Isaac (16:1–21:21).
Ishmael: first-born son of Abraham, by Hagar (16:1–17:27); wife or wives never named, but has 12 sons (25:12-16), the ancestors of 12 tribes of Ishmaelites (37:25-28). - see below
Isaac: second son of Abraham, by wife Sarah, despite her old age (17:15-21; 21:1–35:29); marries Rebekah, who has twin sons, Esau & Jacob.

Betheul: youngest son of Nahor & Milcah; wife unnamed; father of Rebekah (22:23) and Laban (24:29).
Rebekah: daughter of Bethuel (22:23); becomes wife of Isaac (24:15–25:20); favors their younger son.
Laban: son of Bethuel, brother of Rebekah; has extensive interactions with Jacob (24:29–31:55).
Esau: elder twin son of Isaac & Rebekah (25:25); names of wives differ in two traditions (26:34 & 28:9 vs. 36:2-3); one is a daughter of Ishmael; his sons are ancestors of the Edomites (36:1-43).
Jacob: younger twin son of Isaac & Rebekah (25:26); conflicts with Esau (25:27–27:46); marries Leah and Rachel, daughters of his uncle Laban (27:43–29:30); name changed to ISRAEL (32:28); has 12 sons (with two wives + two slave-girls), ancestors of the Israelites or "12 Tribes of Israel" (29:31–49:33). -

^^ starting from the last.

What you quoted is the Jewish version of things, they resemble Islamic version but they are not the same.
There is a very very important lesson here. Think before you read on and see if you can guess what it is.

The lesson:
If you look closely you will see what matters is Yaqub (Jacob) and Ismael (Ishmael) were Abraham's sons from Sarah and Hajra respectively. Sarah was barren for a long time, however she was given the news of a son when according to Jewish tradition the three wise men came, and as per Islamic tradition the angels came in human form.
Jewish tradition we feel has been redefined to suite human understanding of a conflict between the two women, and mistreating etc; thus they say Hajra was sent away to Arabia with Ismael.

God does not need reason for miracle, if he wants he can make things happen as he wants.
If one believes the Jewish tradition as you have quoted, it will be very difficult to explain how Mecca was born, and became a great center for mankind just out of coincidence and rivalry between two women.

I've alway thought that god loves every person equally regardless what they believe or how they look,if he/she started discriminating one person from another or one religious believe from anther then I think he is more human then god............
This is correct, God is fair and he is just.
His way is to give love and give responsibility, if that nation performs the responsibility they have been given they will keep getting gifts.
In case of Jews, they were given gifts but they always kept faulting; because of their pride and their habit of asking too many questions.

So when God's favored people make a fault, they get more punishment than the others too. this is why Jews were damned till eternity unless they repent.

Back
Top Bottom