What's new

The Chinese Bayraktar

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The Chinese have done it again

it's an export model for customers who demand a "Bayraktar" equivalent even if it means in looks. Sort of like copying a Porsche Cayenne in looks because it's a popular car but most cannot afford to buy one.

In any case, this particular drone is not made and not procured by China either. Furthermore, China has many drones in service since 2010s that are MALE drones at least as good as Bayraktar. You're simply looking at an export offering and a cheap one at that. Otherwise WL-2, CH-4 are two common Chinese MALE drones which have been in service far longer than Bayraktar.

What's embarrassing or not is how much Chinese manufacturers pander to every customer out there even those that are potential ones they imagined who want something like Bayraktar and fit whatever level of equipment they prefer onto it according to their budget. It is more a business decision and business culture of China. Basically everything you want and at every level of quality and every level of price you can pay. If you want to pay less, you will get certainly less etc.

If you consider Chinese UAVs and UCAVs look at the CH series, Tengden TB series, WL series, which oftentimes in PLA service are either designated as GJ (for attack) or WZ (for reconnaissance or special mission related to electronic war and sensor node).

Just a couple featured by Millenium:

Since starting of Zhuhai airshows over two decades ago, China has in more recent decade exhibited hundreds of drones, mostly commercial for sale and never made or just concepts. This is yet another of the hundreds of concepts that buyers can choose to purchase. Most of the exported Chinese UAVs are WL-2 and CH-3 or CH-4.

Last edited:
If it provides a source of income and does the job efficiently, then what's the issue?

Yeah it can be considered as bad character for PR purposes but that's about it

The Chinese have many different indigenous drone designs with varying capabilities that aren't copied

How many people in China think this copying is embarrassing?
Nice if you to ignore dozens of other models developed by China and focus on 1 sharing visual similarity. I guess you get triggered by a miniature model?

I'd be more embarrassed if the Chinese prime minister was dancing and grinding like a college slut.

Last edited:
Ignorant Fool, Turkey's Bayraktar drone technology source, is from China's technology transfer, Turkey bought drones and rockets from China, and received technology transfer, turkey has domesticated China's WS2 rocket and Rainbow 3 drone. It was renamed and exported as a domestic product of Turkey

China also copies US space station, oops, US never has a space station..
US also copy China moon landing. oops, China never has a moon landing.....

or how about US also copy Chinese probe to outside of our solar system, oops, China never has a probe reaching that far.

I can do the same with Space Telescope, Rover Landing, Sun Mission and basically picture of every planet in this world.

It's really stupid to compare Space Achievement between China and US. When you are talking about the only one thing the congress don't think it's worth funding Because US Space mission are usually long and frequent, they may as well do any scientific experiment during those mission instead of making a dedicated module solely because of that, hence congress sees it a waste of money.

Does that mean US don't have the capability to make such module?? I mean if you want to believe so, then please do go ahead.

Last edited:
How many people in China think this copying is embarrassing?
They even copied Elon Musk man what are you talking..
1668104055644.png

The Chinese have done it again

Are you so ignorant that you are unaware that China is actually at the very forefront of drone technology and the source of most drone tech and supply chains? I mean, coming from your tiny little irrelevant country, you are probably so disconnected with the economic center of gravity that you aren't aware of these simple facts.

Are you so ignorant that you are unaware that China is actually at the very forefront of drone technology and the source of most drone tech and supply chains? I mean, coming from your tiny little irrelevant country, you are probably so disconnected with the economic center of gravity that you aren't aware of these simple facts.
I'm not saying anything,I'm only posting the article. I didn't claim anything.

US also copy China moon landing. oops, China never has a moon landing.....
Yes, those copy claims are just nonsense, both ways. I m not comparing anything, just pointing out how stupid those copy claims are, thank you for backing up my point.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom