What's new

The birth of a liberal movement in Pakistan

Sign me up, I solemnly swear to stick it to these Mullahs every chance I get!

take it easy brother, all this so called "liberal movement" needs to do is to prove their worth. Plz show us u'r strength, just writing in newspapers/forums/blogs will get you nothing.....

2 Kinda ppl need to exterminated(not in the real sense):
Religious Extremists
Liberal Extremists!

Quite an embarrassing Statements... I am so sick and tired of ignorant people labeling Liberal Extremists as equal to religious fundo lunatic extremists. I fail to understand how many liberals in Pakistan can be labeled as extremist, how many liberals have actually shot someone down because the other person disagrees with them. This new phrase "Liberal Extremist" pisses me off. How many liberal extremists put and strap bombs around their chest and blow up shrines? How many liberal extremists do you know that call fatwas on people who freely express their views? How many liberal extremists do you know that go out en mass and hold rallies against a woman of five kids?

stop with the liberal extremism bullshit that islami fundos are clinging to now a days..The Most Liberal extremists do is go to a dance party.. have a couple of beers.. wow as if THATS effin extremists or worse.......... draw a cartoon?

Religious Extremist: “Hands up! Or I’m gonna set this bomb off right here!”
Liberal Extremist: “Hands up! Or I’m gonna draw a funny picture of your Prophet! Don’t test me, dammit, I’ll do it!”

Liberalism, by definition, is about providing choice to people, instead of dictating them what they must do/not do with their own lives. To what “extreme” can one linger in such an area?

Last edited:
come on guys

Why are we so frustrated?

The best way is middle way.

Why we always think on extremes.

Mullah is extremist and so do those who call them selvees liberal.

Pakistan is Passing through evolution

God has atlast listened to pleas of 180 million

we all see negetive side of things

Am i wrong when I say a great Revolution is comming in our thinking pattern.

Politions, Mullahs and our religous and economic elite is getting exposed.

Hope for the best. Try to build your own self so that you can serve ur nation.

If you are student try to be best student , If you are professional try be best.

Remember every conflict is oppurtunity. We can give our Children a better future if we work and excell in sciences and other fields of knowledge

an extremist can distroy but cannot build. Plz act on the Advise of Prophet that " Best way is middle way"

its our defeated mentality which is causeing frusturation and ending in extremism.

why cannot we think about our generation which has right to get a balanced , Prograssive muslim Pakistan.

BTW a Muslim is , According to prophet " One benifical to Humanity"

Liberals have become extremists in Pakistan when they can't even speak freely and haven't done a single act of violence against conservatives...

The thing is we have spoken kindly with Mullahs for a long time, now its time to oppose them. Abu Basit was right, liberals need to show their strength. Shor Macha, Awaz Utha!

Jab tak yeh Mullay insaan ke bachay nahi banjatay, inke naak main damm karna humara farz hai. Yeh sab wajib-ul-tapao hain.

Pakistan held hostage: Obscurantism and the death of Taseer

OR

WHO IS NEXT ON MULLAHS TARGET LIST ???

The governor of Punjab was killed for what he believed in. Could one of us be next?As numbness ebbs away after the fatal attack on Governor Salmaan Taseer, questions about the context of his murder arise. Confounding the discussion are the likes of Jamaat-i-Ahl-i- Sunnat, Tehreek-i- Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and some other like minded clerics. This school condones, and in some cases, justifies the murder. Unlike the governor, liberal segments of society remain largely equivocal and cautious in their response after threats by TTP to treat everyone offering prayers for Governor Taseer worthy of death at the hands of vigilante justice for purported blasphemy. But given the sensitivity of the attack, and its broader socio-political implications, dispassionate analysis becomes necessary.

Condoning the governor’s murder, the fundamentalist school maintains that Mr Taseer committed blasphemy. This assertion is unqualified. While the governor pointed out that General Ziaul Haq’s blasphemy laws (amended during Nawaz Sharif’s tenure) are often misused to settle personal scores, Mr Taseer never insulted Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). And he was certainly not alone in this regard. Islamic scholars like Javed Ahmad Ghamidi have been unequivocal in their condemnation of misuse of the blasphemy laws; even the country’s top Islamic body, Council of Islamic Ideologies (CII), proposed amendments to the current blasphemy laws.

In the particular case of Aasia Bibi, it is important to underscore that he was not alone in his stance. Oddly enough, Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah (of rival PML-N) is on the record saying that Aasia Bibi was poorly defended in court. Regardless of this school’s views on Aasia Bibi’s case, the fact that it incited people to murder Mr. Taseer through fatwas and condoned his eventual demise make it morally complicit in the governor’s death.

Adding spice to the brewing mix of poisonous un-reason, obscurantists misuse religion in their rhetoric to justify using violent means against non-combatants to attain illegal ends. What really rankles is their inability to learn from the Prophet’s (pbuh) example of forgiveness and tolerance. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) forgave people of Taif who insulted him, showed magnanimity on the occasion of Makkah’s conquest against members of the Quraish who vilified him for eight years, and even asked after the health of the woman who threw garbage on him on the day sickness prevented her from doing so. His ability to forgive gave him strength over his enemies and helped bring bitter foes to Islam’s fold. Muslims following the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) should bear his injunctions about mercy and instructions to only attack combatants in mind. This does not mean that we ought to condone hate speech; but it does demonstrate the need for tolerance and mercy.

Above all else, Salmaan Taseer deserves commendation for calling a spade a spade at a time when others were not brave enough to do so. Ambiguous responses to his death are neither here nor there. As the tide of obscurantism attempts to hold the nation hostage, the peaceful and silent majority risks becoming extraneous by silence.

Today, Taseer was killed at the altar of unreason. Tomorrow, our families and friends will die. And if we fail to act in our individual capacities to check this trend, no one will light a candle for you and me !!.

I have yet to see someone name some liberal extremists ? Seems the word is getting thrown around here but do any even exist in Pakistan ?

I have yet to see someone name some liberal extremists ? Seems the word is getting thrown around here but do any even exist in Pakistan ?

Because it doesn't effin exist... its a word created by fundos who need to bring their extremist religiosity and counter balance it with some kind of opposing force that in reality doesn't exist. Like I said the worse a Liberal extremist in Pakistan does is Drink with his friends and actually have a good time.

You can probably argue that during the Shah of Iran's rule there was a bit of liberal extremism.. but like as if that was bad compared to the crapfest they are in right now

You mean kill a few Mullahs and bomb mosques... oh wait you already do that to yourselves

haha' calm down brother, this will only lead you to the path of ttp/alqaeda extremists and this is not good.

i simply asked to prove u'r strength/worth if your truthful in your claim.

Jigs..I have yet to see someone name some liberal extremists ? Seems the word is getting thrown around here but do any even exist in Pakistan ?

:lol: Welcome to Pakistan, The Land of Ever Exploding..that's what my Brother says when ever I visit him.

Better is to ask those who are shouting it out , who are the liberal extremist ? what do they do extreme ? or is it just the term for those who are against ST's murder

Liberals have become extremists in Pakistan when they can't even speak freely and haven't done a single act of violence against conservatives...

The thing is we have spoken kindly with Mullahs for a long time, now its time to oppose them. Abu Basit was right, liberals need to show their strength. Shor Macha, Awaz Utha!

Jab tak yeh Mullay insaan ke bachay nahi banjatay, inke naak main damm karna humara farz hai. Yeh sab wajib-ul-tapao hain.

liberals can express their views freely provided it remains within the boundaries set by Islamic constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Nobody welcomes Mola Jutt style of Mr Taseer.

yes my brother, if you want people to take seriously than you have no choice other than "Shor Macha, Awaz Utha"

Quite an embarrassing Statements... I am so sick and tired of ignorant people labeling Liberal Extremists as equal to religious fundo lunatic extremists. I fail to understand how many liberals in Pakistan can be labeled as extremist, how many liberals have actually shot someone down because the other person disagrees with them. This new phrase "Liberal Extremist" pisses me off. How many liberal extremists put and strap bombs around their chest and blow up shrines? How many liberal extremists do you know that call fatwas on people who freely express their views? How many liberal extremists do you know that go out en mass and hold rallies against a woman of five kids?

stop with the liberal extremism bullshit that islami fundos are clinging to now a days..The Most Liberal extremists do is go to a dance party.. have a couple of beers.. wow as if THATS effin extremists or worse.......... draw a cartoon?

Religious Extremist: “Hands up! Or I’m gonna set this bomb off right here!”
Liberal Extremist: “Hands up! Or I’m gonna draw a funny picture of your Prophet! Don’t test me, dammit, I’ll do it!”

Liberalism, by definition, is about providing choice to people, instead of dictating them what they must do/not do with their own lives. To what “extreme” can one linger in such an area?

Totally agree, this new term liberal extremeist is just an effort by the terrorism supporters to create an imaginary enemy that deserves to be murdered under one guise / cause or another.

Reminds me of the 'hindu zionism' drivel propagated by the exactly same people.

A liberal extremist is someone who thinks that every man with a beard is a terrorist, and every woman in a hijab is a fanatic.

In their sycophantic zeal to ingratiate themselves with Western audiences, these Uncle Toms are just as intolerant as the worst mullahs.

You want names? Pervez Hoodbhoy, Nadeem Paracha, Ahmed Rashid, ...

We have quite a few sycophantic liberal extremists in Paksitan.

As others have said, we need to find a middle ground. Pakistan is not the USA; one size does not fit all. We need to find our own identity that combines moderate Islamic values with the best of Western secularism.

Back
Top Bottom