What's new

The banality of the Indian cricket fan

Why you dont tell such crazy fans to get back in india to celebrate it with other like minded peoples :p i am used to this asian typical way of celebration but for local goraz its stupid and weird way of celebrating

you knows payback is a .... Goras moved here for 250 years still 190 years to go

i DON KNOW WHAT MADE THIS MEMBER TO START THIS THREAD .... THIS GAME IS POPULAR BECAUSE OF FANS WHICH WATCH AND FOLLOW THE GAME BE IT INDIAN OR ANY OTHER.... NOW DISCRIMINATING THE FANS AND PUTTING THEM IN CATEGORIES IS ALSO RACISM... SERIOUS RACISM...

I MEAN INDIANS NEVER CELEBRATED WITH BEER AND CHAMPAGNE THAT WAS NOT IN OUR CULTURE WE PICKED IT UP FROM WESTERN COUNTRIES... SO HOW COME U JUMP ON INDIANS.... BEING INDIAN WE WILL LOVE INDIA FIRST AND THEN THE CRICKET...

OUR COUNTRY IS IMPORTANT TO US THEN CRICKET.... BUT TODAY AFTER FINAL THE CROWD AT STADIUM SHOWED RESPECT TO THE OPPOSITION TOOO

Some Pakistanis haven't yet got over the shock defeat handed to them by us and now they need to digest the fact that we are the World Champions! Lol

I can understand their frustration!

After watching this world cup, I think the best supporting crowd award definitely goes to the Srilankans. They cheer,applaud and dance around even if two neutral teams are playing. Bangladeshis come in second and Indians unfortunately rack up the last spot. Some of the things that the author has mentioned are valid and demand logical consideration. It is not a bad idea to look at ourselves from time to time and set our course right.

After watching this world cup, I think the best supporting crowd award definitely goes to the Srilankans. They cheer,applaud and dance around even if two neutral teams are playing. Bangladeshis come in second and Indians unfortunately rack up the last spot. Some of the things that the author has mentioned are valid and demand logical consideration. It is not a bad idea to look at ourselves from time to time and set our course right.
very well said but peoples need brain to understand the points indian author is trying to make in his article. He is not bashing indian so i dont know why ndians are getting frustrated and they always bring defeat of pak in discussion which has nothing to do with article. It show their real character which this author is trying to convey. They are obsessed with nationalism that they cannot look beyond it. They treat a a game of sport as war and they need to change this mentality :)

i guess one who wrote this article has never watched any soccer match in his life....he has not seen how opposition teams are brutally booed...besides average Indian is very very busy in his life...aiming or that local train or bus that takes him to his work...government had to give holiday so that people can enjoy match...i wont even go to neutral matches even if i get free ticket(which i got as entry was free on college ID for neutral team's matches)...

Today we saw big roar for Murali and malinga which says it all...

very well said but peoples need brain to understand the points indian author is trying to make in his article. He is not bashing indian so i dont know why ndians are getting frustrated and they always bring defeat of pak in discussion which has nothing to do with article. It show their real character which this author is trying to convey. They are obsessed with nationalism that they cannot look beyond it. They treat a a game of sport as war and they need to change this mentality :)

winners take it all dude...nothing wrong in being patriotic or even over patriotic....i can give my life for my beloved country if required...

Bangladeshi crowd are most well behaved people. they just mistook Windies bus with Bangladeshi player bus. lol.

In European nations (I mean race, not geography and so: England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand), spectator behaviour is more individual. Where communication is visual, it is not through facial expression, but fancy dress.

Instead of screaming, expression is through the written word: banners.

Some one has not seen Serie A or the EPL.:lol:

Someone seriously needs to google why English fans are commonly called Hooligans in Soccer parlance.

Looks like another sicko who desperately pretends to be an Indian but fails in it.

Call it blind nationalism, ultra nationalism,territorial nationalism...we Indians are Free to express ourselves in a democratic country...we dont want moral policing from a dumb author...Hame Azadi shanti se satyagraha karne pe milee thee...ab use ham chilla chilla ke enjoy karnege...India India...sachin ...sachin... proud to be an Indian... which ever country we Indians go our identity always remains as Indians & we love it...If u call me an Indian it feels like u are rewarding me...Vande Mataram!!!

winners take it all dude...nothing wrong in being patriotic or even over patriotic....i can give my life for my beloved country if required...

OK what it mean to you being a patriotic? I mean defend ur country no matter if it go for right or wrong? Defend your country man no matter if he do something right or wrong? What is actually patriotism to you?

I didn't get what the article writer was trying to say . It seems he was trying to say a lot of things at the same time and ended up writing a vague article . Can somebody tell me his basic point ?

Back
Top Bottom