What's new

The arrival of Islam in Iran, and then Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another map of Achaemenid empire's greatest extent is found which is not including all india in it. I think the previous map is not right.

Achaemenid_Empire_%257E480_BC.png

Another map of Achaemenid empire's greatest extent is found which is not including all india in it. I think the previous map is not right.

Achaemenid_Empire_%257E480_BC.png

There were Indo-Iranian/Sythician/Parthian kingdoms, but the above map seems to show even small part of Tibet being included.

I request indian members to post some information about south indian empires also.

Maybe they invaded india for a short time period and then gupta empire continued.
PERSIA did rule some part of india but for a small portion of time..... at that time india included area known as pakistan today and some part of afghanistan too..... then this area was invaded by alexander and he did not penetrated further.... historians still debate whether he was defeated by porus or not.... but most say he defeated porus... anyways this area of present day pakistan and afghanistan was once again won by chandragupta maurya

at that time india included area known as pakistan today and some part of afghanistan too..... then this area was invaded by alexander and he did not penetrated further.... historians still debate whether he was defeated by porus or not.... but most say he defeated porus... anyways this area of present day pakistan and afghanistan was once again won by chandragupta maurya

Known about this portion.

But i don't think he really defeated porus.

That would go kinda off topic,

Please if you have the info share it. I heard they use to have very strong empires and they defeated very strong opponents.

This is just an overall of all the empires Iran controlled.

The reason the word "stan" is so common from India, to Kazakhstan, to Greece, to Egypt is because of mass Iranian influence.

stan/sthan has proto Indo-Iranian origin, that's why you find it from Central Asia to East Asia.

Known about this portion.

But i don't think he really defeated porus.

Please if you have the info share it. I heard they use to have very strong empires and they defeated very strong opponents.

even i think porus defeated alexander but this is debatable...... moreover i thought if i talk of hindu king porus defeating alexander dat might stir a different kind of debate altogeder.... but its heartening to see pakistanis starting to take pride in dere history.... kudos to new beginning

even i think porus defeated alexander but this is debatable...... moreover i thought if i talk of hindu king porus defeating alexander dat might stir a different kind of debate altogeder.... but its heartening to see pakistanis starting to take pride in dere history.... kudos to new beginning

Pakistanis are doing this from a long time and porus is the sign of pride for we punjabis.

stan/sthan has proto Indo-Iranian origin, that's why you find it from Central Asia to East Asia.
More on this

The suffix -stan (Persian: ـستان‎ -stān) is Persian for "place of", and it is cognate to Indo-Aryan -sthāna (pronounced [st̪ʰaːna]) (स्थान in the Devanāgarī script), a Sanskrit suffix with a similar meaning. In Indo-Aryan languages, sthāna means "place", and is cognate to the Latin terms state and status (meaning "to stand").

The suffix also appears in the names of many regions, especially in Central and South Asia, areas where ancient Indo-Iranian peoples were established; in Iranian, however, it is also used more generally, as in Persian and Urdu rigestân (ریگستان) "place of sand, desert", Pakistan "land of the pure" and golestan (گلستان) "place of roses, rose garden", Hindi devasthan ("place of devas, temple"), etc. The suffix is of Indo-Iranian and ultimately Indo-European origin, with the Proto-Indo-European root being *stā- "stand", which is also the source of English stand, Latin stāre, and Greek histamai (ίσταμαι), all meaning "stand", as well as Pashto تون (tun, "habitat" or "homeland") and Russian стан (stan, meaning "settlement" or "semi-permanent camp"). In Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, stan means "apartment" in its modern usage, while its original meaning is "habitat". Also in Germanic languages, the root can be found in Stand ("place, location"), and in Stadt (German), stad/sted (Dutch/Scandinavian), stêd (West Frisian) and stead (English), all meaning "city". The suffix -stan is analogous to the suffix -land, present in many country names such as Finland or Deutschland.

-stan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wrong Information, Persian never ruled/controlled India.

As far as i know, Persia expanded its boundaries up to India. But the Persian Empire like Alexander the Great, didn’t arrive to the center of present India but to present day Pakistan and up to the borders of present India..But never in Indian history was there a kingdom that ruled the whole of India. These different kingdoms that were established in different parts in India created different aspects of Indian history for different regions of India.

As far as i know, Persia expanded its boundaries up to India. But the Persian Empire like Alexander the Great, didn’t arrive to the center of present India but to present day Pakistan and up to the borders of present India..But never in Indian history was there a kingdom that ruled the whole of India. These different kingdoms that were established in different parts in India created different aspects of Indian history for different regions of India.

There is a minority "Parsi" or Zorostrian community in India. They are probably the descendants of the ancient Archemeid Empire.

The Parsi community in India is considered to be one of the most successful communities (much like Jews) with higher average income/success than others.

Ashoka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the map of the Archemeid Empire in 500 BC with other empires shown.

Hmm, I feel like playing Prince of Persia again.
:azn:

Persia_500bc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom