What's new

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos

Beautiful pictures bro, stunning!

You are welcome anytime bro. The Arab world really has every imaginable landscape out there, natural beauty in abundance, wild nature, heritage rivaled probably nowhere else in terms of age, grandeur and the amount of it, diversity, contradictions etc.
If just some of the retards (there are a bit too many of them right now) in that part of the world had learnt to behave and stability occurred in those affected Arab countries then you would see tourists in abundance there as well as is already the case in several stable Arab countries. It's just those conflicts and social problems that is giving one a serious headache right now but that is not going to take what I wrote away (EVER) and it will hopefully change with time too. It HAS to. Right now the Arab world is simply making a mockery out of its past and the people deserve MUCH, much better after decades of problems. Enough is enough.

Lebanon:

IMG_0752.jpg
by adrianmrios, on Flickr

Lone Cedar
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Green Against White
by rabiem22, on Flickr

The Lebanon
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Domineering
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Mount Lebanon
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Last edited:
Egypt:

(Alexandria)

20140510_182645
par elhosary.tarek, sur Flickr

Alexandria, Egypt by whistlepunch, on Flickr

Alexandria by Shaspo Tours Egypt, on Flickr

10056949014_ca08d519cc_b.jpg

IMG_2980 by DennisTsang, on Flickr

Montazah Palace - Alexandria by MoAshry, on Flickr

Alexandria, Abu el-Abbas el-Mursi Mosque by MPL73, on Flickr

You are welcome anytime bro. The Arab world really has every imaginable landscape out there, natural beauty in abundance, wild nature, heritage rivaled probably nowhere else in terms of age, grandeur and the amount of it, diversity, contradictions etc.
If just some of the retards (there are a bit too many of them right now) in that part of the world had learnt to behave and stability occurred in those affected Arab countries then you would see tourists in abundance there as well as is already the case in several stable Arab countries. It's just those conflicts and social problems that is giving one a serious headache right now but that is not going to take what I wrote away (EVER) and it will hopefully change with time too. It HAS to. Right now the Arab world is simply making a mockery out of its past and the people deserve MUCH, much better after decades of problems. Enough is enough.

Lebanon:

IMG_0752.jpg
by adrianmrios, on Flickr

Lone Cedar
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Green Against White
by rabiem22, on Flickr

The Lebanon
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Domineering
by rabiem22, on Flickr

Mount Lebanon
by rabiem22, on Flickr
Well hopefully peace will prevail in the Arab and Moslem countries. Despite of crisis in few Arab countries, We have to admit that most Arab countries are performing well in economy, social and politic. Few Arab countries has passed through their difficult and critical time (The Arab Spring) and heading to economy, social and political reform. The GCC countries (I'll be extremely happy if someday they'll become A united and powerful country :cheers:) have an established social, economy and political system and known to be most stable countries on earth. Brother, I understand your frustration if it is a frustration but when you have 22 countries and 442 million people around then you will always have problem that need some attention. Not to mention that the Arab countries have a tremendous natural resources which act as a powerful magnet for foreign parties involvement in that region.

Last edited:
what this thread is doing in the arab defence forum?

Because it belongs on the Arab section as this thread is about the Arab world. How can that be surprising? Also because the moderators moved it to this section. What is exactly the problem?

A military forum is for military gear, guns and bullets, not for beaches, seagulls and past civilisation vestiges...

Lebanon:

Red roofs
by Jennifer Hattam, on Flickr

Passage

Qadisha Valley

Mountains of Lebanon
by Jon Ostrower, on Flickr

Lebanon, ski resort Faraya
by julkiev, on Flickr

Byblos by the sea by Omar Chatriwala, on Flickr

@Wahhab2701

You nailed it bro as usual. Let's hope that it will change for the better in those affected countries.;)
Something I really want to see is the GCC countries combined their power and will become a center of the Arab (and moslems) world. It is might be seems to be a wet dream for now but nobody knows what could happen in the future.

Something I really want to see is the GCC countries combined their power and will become a center of the Arab (and moslems) world. It is might be seems to be a wet dream for now but nobody knows what could happen in the future.

The GCC is already the most powerful region economically in the Muslim world, in terms of media and religiously influence to (Makkah and Madinah obviously). Now full industrialization and further improvement of the already very good infrastructure (giant investments) are taking place. Anyway let's not turn this thread into a chit-chat thread. We should continue the discussion if needed in this thread below:

Arabic Coffee shop | Page 217

Saudi Arabia:

(Some wild areas of Northern Najd)

31685s0.jpg

ثلوج حائل by Mohammed Al Fozan | محمد الفوزان, on Flickr

3109980155_222507872d_o.jpg

Qassim by Awadh Al Hamzani Photography, on Flickr

8179879957_95f62725c7_b.jpg

الوجه الاخر by A.Aziz Hajjaj عبدالعزيز بن حجاج, on Flickr

4730566681_4b92c2ac3e_b.jpg

kasser by Dr. A. Alturaigy د.عبدالله الطريقي, on Flickr

4732204373_1c2d9df58c_b.jpg

Alkasser Lake Zulfi Saudi Arabia by Dr. A. Alturaigy د.عبدالله الطريقي, on Flickr

Last edited:
Djibouti:

Lake Assal, aka the honey lake is a crater lake in Djibouti. It is located in the Gulf of Tadjoura, at the top of the Great Rift Valley. It is a saline lake which lies 155 m below sea level, making it the lowest point on land in Africa and the 3rd lowest land depression on Earth after the Dead Sea and Sea of Galilee. Lake Assal is the world's largest salt reserve, which is presently exploited by companies. Very few camle caravans still come to bring back the salt in Ethiopia in the remote areas, like they did for centuries!

© Eric Lafforgue

www.ericlafforgue.com

Lake Assal shore, Djibouti by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

424927830_63623f1b32_b.jpg

Asmara Massawa Road, Eritrea by Eric Lafforgue Photography, on Flickr

Comoros:

Comoros-17-011-Comoros View of Mount Ntringui, Anjouan-Credit ECDD by darwin_initiative, on Flickr

Maloudja Beach, Grand Comores, Island of Comores
by _Zinni_, on Flickr

Mauritius_beach
by hervesedky01, on Flickr

Saudi Arabia:

13870623932.jpg

4732182195_868e1d94a9_b.jpg

Volcano Madina Saudi Arabia by Dr. A. Alturaigy د.عبدالله الطريقي, on Flickr

7123673679_1dfd85fa9f_b.jpg

6111957423_aaedf83173_b.jpg

311kyvn.jpg

فرسان
by jazan2013, on Flickr

@ebray @Belew_Kelew Djibouti included for the second time (post 387) in this thread.:D
My apology for being not so clear in my last post. No doubt that GCC is the most powerful region in moslem world in term economy, politic and conventional military. What meant as a wet dream is if they can combine themselves into one power and under one leadership. As of now, let's be happy with their strong military and economy relationship among them. And you correct, let's discuss this thing in a more proper thread.

My apology for being not so clear in my last post. No doubt that GCC is the most powerful region in moslem world in term economy, politic and conventional military. What meant as a wet dream is if they can combine themselves into one power and under one leadership. As of now, let's be happy with their strong military and economy relationship among them. And you correct, let's discuss this thing in a more proper thread.

My family has left to Indonesia today to visit Bonshak specifically and to spend the Eid as well over there. I would like to ask if there any other places would you recommend?

My family has left to Indonesia today to visit Bonshak specifically and to spend the Eid as well over there. I would like to ask if there any other places would you recommend?
Bonshak? never heard it, sounds like very Thai for me:-). There are many beautiful places in Indonesia. Bali and Lombok are the top 2. For Moslems tourist I would recommend Lombok since there will be no issue with halal food. And the culture is pretty much Islamic. Other than that 2 places, Bandung and Bogor in West Java are very famous among middle east tourist and off course as the capital city of Indonesia is a good place to visit as well.

Hope your family will have a safe and unforgettable visit brother.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom