What's new

The analysis for the cause of rapes in subcontinent and it's solution

@samantk im saying that being properly covered, she will attract less attention and will be less prone to rapes. Little uncomfort is better than the agony of rape

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should a girl live in fear, not do things she wants to do, just cause of some boys? It is not about trying to emulate the other gender, but to not be in fear/suppression of the other gender.
@Kloitra shows how narrow your mindset is...No covered up girl who thinks her life is more dear than to WHAT society dictates to her is LIVING IN FEAR!

Want is subjective depends on where you live...A girl in Europe wants somethings which a girl in Asia will never want...and vice versa...

emulate the other gender Again media tells you that..But is a girls IZZAT not important enough for her to want to guard it? IF not then she should not cry if something goes wrong....IF she gaurded it and an animal attacked her than AT LEAST we know the ANIMAL should get capital punishment for his behaviour as the GIRL NEVER provoked it NOR ASKED FOR IT....

Better safe than sorry has a good meaning...learn it!

Well, I find it really funny how people find it worth hiding also called PROTECTING/ keeping safe their money or valubales and gold but a girl keeping her valuable self safe is suddenly SUPPRESSION...

what protection does clothes give ?
do you know the rate of rapes in rural india where women wear covered clothes ? or December 16 gang-rape "winter time" ?

rapist's don't even spare 5 year old nowdays, NO excuse for this cancer!
Painfully true

There are many reasons , major ones being -

1) Poverty and lack of good education
2)Sex starvation , as our culture frowns upon sex. Makes women very conservative about sex as well.
3) Skewed sex ratio.Female foeticide and all.
4)Banned prostitution. Only some men - the players and the extremely rich ones get good sex in South Asia. Almost all others are mostly sex starved. They don't get any outlet for their sexual desires.
5)Patriarchal culture
6)Alcohol

@samantk im saying that being properly covered, she will attract less attention and will be less prone to rapes. Little uncomfort is better than the agony of rape

Can you define the term agony?

If you meant pain then I have to agree that it might be a painful experience and how is a fight not painful then?

It is the society which has added to the painful experience and made it a agony.

@Wet Shirt Contest
Child abuse and Pediophilia is
the worst form of torture and abuse any human being can go through.
In our society the victim child cannot even raise his voice,
what awaits him is mental and emotional torture.. Posibaly for the rest of his life. Its very painful

My thoughts on this disease:

1. West has more cases reported because it has a free society where there is not stigma for the victim in reporting the crime. In our sub-continent a Victim at least in the villages will keep quite and live with it. Cause, the stigma and the change in the perception of the society towards her changes forever. @Talon
The name of the crime itself shows the mindset in our society "Izzat lootna". @Alpha1 Why should a girl's respect be lost if she gets raped, even after wearing a burkha all her life?
2. Our sub-continent has always downplayed the role and importance of Women in the society, I mean I can be inaccurate when speaking of the ancient India but even from the medieval times the women have been looked down upon.
True...Islam clearly says it came to uplift the women...No dont throw at me what MUSLIMS ARE DOING ....Read WHAT ISLAM has to say...

3. The uneven treatment starts from a girl experiencing menstruation, she is smacked into the reality of a patriarchal society. However, I find it heartening to see in the south that this event is celebrated.
when a technical word is used around too much it shows how little the author knows about it.... which event?
4. There is nothing wrong in having premarital sex and having casual partners, it is good for the the society to achieve a gender neutral stance. Currently, I can safely say that the blame and shame of such an act is squarely put on the girls shoulders, why?
And it pains me to see girls saying it is not a good practice, when a man can boast of his 'encounters' girls have to hang their head in shame. Girls should become shameless to make men realize that they are also humans and no less.
So, who gave liberty to the male to do such stuff? And if you want such liberty for a women, next time when you get married, please get married to such a liberal woman and stay awake in bed wondering who she had been and whatnot....rather shameful is it not ?

5. With sex being a taboo subject itself, the whole society is biased on the subject and add to that a patriarchal society and you have a perfect mix for rape!

6. The accusation that we are aping the west seems so much of bullshit to me, you follow what you are comfortable with. What is so goddamn wrong in it?
since when Asia where shy women used to stroll with less worry and she men ONLY teased became what it is now and called COMFORT?
I see girls in Burkha in the summers in Hyderabad ( :fie: ) and feel awful for them.. maybe they like it but I feel awful, it feels like I am personally responsible for my imagined pain they go through.
good you feel for them, for us we believe Hell fire will be hotter and this is NOTHING....2ndly, you should lower your gaze if you feel you are cause! No point feeling awful and getting your staring your eyes out! :blink:

No offense to any religion, but my religion itself is not something to write home about.
:raise:
Mine is

answer me honestly, will you marry such a woman...I know everyone will say yes just to look nice...

2ndly, Her psychology is hurt, her trust is broken, and this MIND YOU is not ONLY the case of EASTERN women...It is the case for ANY women...Do you think Western rape victims dance around? Go out and do what they used to? NO...Why NOT? Why do they stay away from all this? I mean West is FREE enough to accept them, ADVANCED enough to understand them...THEN WHY does she behave like an Eastern rape victim?

LMAO at the chromosomes part.....haha had a bio test this morning lol

@ZYXW Good we are on same plane :D what other examples can you expect from a geneticist :P

Can you define the term agony?

If you meant pain then I have to agree that it might be a painful experience and how is a fight not painful then?

It is the society which has added to the painful experience and made it a agony.
yes society, especialy our society make rape victims life very difficult,
but rape in any culture is an agony unless u r talking abt mars! :pop:

@samantk let me get u straight..
R u saying that we should make sex more common to make rapes less traumatizing?

answer me honestly, will you marry such a woman...I know everyone will say yes just to look nice...

Long post so I edited the other parts out. If found this line interesting.

What do you think? Shouldn't we marry someone who was subject to such pain and misery? Shouldn't we offer her our presence as a source of comfort? Doesn't she deserve someone who's love her and not lust after her?

Who would want a victim of this crime? Maybe the parent are just covering up her sexual urges. Mayber her character's flawed. Maybe she was the one who drew too much attention to herself. - This is what many parent would think when selecting a bride for their angelic sons.

On a side note:
This is where the four marriages came in. Seriously. Marriage in the past was "kifaalat" or sponsoring and not just for making babies. But now since most of us only get one wife (and even that's too much sometimes) we have become selfish in our selection.

What do you think? Shouldn't we marry someone who was subject to such pain and misery? Shouldn't we offer her our presence as a source of comfort? Doesn't she deserve someone who's love her and not lust after her?

@RazorMC Dude I am a girl! OBVIOUSLY such questions are for guys who ONLY PREACH to the point protecting the woman OR she being responsible for her SAFETY or EVEN TRYING TO stay safe is SOMEHOW OPPRESSION!

Who would want a victim of this crime? Maybe the parent are just covering up her sexual urges. Mayber her character's flawed. Maybe she was the one who drew too much attention to herself. - This is what many parent would think when selecting a bride for their angelic sons.
This is how society perceives it and there is NO DENYING IT!

On a side note:
This is where the four marriages came in. Seriously. Marriage in the past was "kifaalat" or sponsoring and not just for making babies. But now since most of us only get one wife (and even that's too much sometimes) we have become selfish in our selection.

And yes, I am fully aware of the 4 marriages....and the how people in the past were ....

On a side note:
difficult question I must say... Not many males can answer it!

@samantk
True...Islam clearly says it came to uplift the women...No dont throw at me what MUSLIMS ARE DOING ....Read WHAT ISLAM has to say...

If only everyone read what is written and understood it in the proper context., but it does not happen. A family living on paycheck to paycheck will have a very difficult time you know. Also, there are some studies that point that in ancient India Women had a better standing in the society, it started going down hill from the medieval period, so not sure what you were reffering to.

when a technical word is used around too much it shows how little the author knows about it.... which event?

The first period.

So, who gave liberty to the male to do such stuff? And if you want such liberty for a women, next time when you get married, please get married to such a liberal woman and stay awake in bed wondering who she had been and whatnot....rather shameful is it not ?

The society and all the religions (twisted) have given the liberty. I said premarital sex, you cannot expect a women to be happy if her husband cannot satisfy her in the area of basic instincts same goes the other way too. I will not desperately look for such open minded girl but indeed do not have any issues as such.

since when Asia where shy women used to stroll with less worry and she men ONLY teased became what it is now and called COMFORT?
The saree which was derived from the word sari meant a piece of cloth, it was a very very basic, much simpler and the most comfortable form compared to the present day.

Yes, if you feel something is much comfortable why not go with it? I like to wear shorts rather than pajamas.

good you feel for them, for us we believe Hell fire will be hotter and this is NOTHING....2ndly, you should lower your gaze if you feel you are cause! No point feeling awful and getting your staring your eyes out! :blink:
When did feelings have points, it just feels awful. Why do you think I stare, is it how you think all are?

:raise:
Mine is

2ndly, Her psychology is hurt, her trust is broken, and this MIND YOU is not ONLY the case of EASTERN women...It is the case for ANY women...Do you think Western rape victims dance around? Go out and do what they used to? NO...Why NOT? Why do they stay away from all this? I mean West is FREE enough to accept them, ADVANCED enough to understand them...THEN WHY does she behave like an Eastern rape victim?
You did not even give me a chance to say something and just put your seal of disapproval! Is this how things work for you, asking questions and not waiting for the answers?

Now Now, she feels the agony because she feels that someone made her do something which is private to her and secondly that he could over power her. Even in the west the walls of gender bias have not fallen completely, they are nowhere near perfect.

Does it mean that they have to dance around to show that they are fine and can move on? Every victim of a crime goes through a trauma(irrespective of the crime), a rape victim feels it more in our sub-continent because there is a stigma attached to it.

@RazorMC Dude I am a girl! OBVIOUSLY such questions are for guys who ONLY PREACH to the point protecting the woman OR she being responsible for her SAFETY or EVEN TRYING TO stay safe is SOMEHOW OPPRESSION!

This is how society perceives it and there is NO DENYING IT!

And yes, I am fully aware of the 4 marriages....and the how people in the past were ....

I know you're a female, that's why I wanted to ask your opinion on this...

@samantk let me get u straight..
R u saying that we should make sex more common to make rapes less traumatizing?
Consensual and safe sex should not be a taboo like in our societies.

Back
Top Bottom