What's new

terror attack in china. 01.24

we dont ban CNN and BBC. because the both have bad reputation here.
no need to ban them. many new from the CNN and BBC are just west propaganda. and we know it.

btw. we also dont ban india media. you know why? because we they are joke and rubbish.
sometimes reading jokes are good thing
lolz, yeah you ban nothing. :p:
do you have any private chinese source other than official propaganda? a paper that is allowed show other side of the story? In India we do.

lolz, yeah you ban nothing. :p:
do you have any private chinese source other than official propaganda? a paper that is allowed show other side of the story? In India we do.
oh man, you know nothing about china. hahaha
maybe west propaganda media and india joke media blind your eyes and brained washed you.
doesnt matter. keep dreaming in your india democracy.

oh man, you know nothing about china. hahaha
maybe west propaganda media and india joke media blind your eyes and brained washed you.
doesnt matter. keep dreaming in your india democracy.
if I dont know I am open to knowing new things. :)

that is good. we can talk about it later. personaly I lived in many west countries. at least 8 years in germany.and more than 20 years in china.

Think about it rationally, China is inhabited by Chinese.

Let's say someone else is constantly calling you and saying crap about you and your family, some true, mostly not, wouldn't you block them?

Let's say that somebody is also calling you to kill your own parents, wouldn't you be mad?

Majority of Chinese are like Americans, Indians, that love their own country, they hate reports like Fox news as much as American people hate reports from China.

Most western media paint East China sea as a communist plot, but they forget to point out the Anti Japanese sentiment is high in China, the belief that we are getting disrespected by the Americans is also high. When Chinese fishermen are interviewed all of them condemn foreign governments for claiming Chinese seas, and support China's support and protection for their Fishing activities in South China sea.

Why is it so hard for the West to understand that people in Asia loves their country as much as they love theirs?

Think about it rationally, China is inhabited by Chinese.

Let's say someone else is constantly calling you and saying crap about you and your family, some true, mostly not, wouldn't you block them?

Let's say that somebody is also calling you to kill your own parents, wouldn't you be mad?

Majority of Chinese are like Americans, Indians, that love their own country, they hate reports like Fox news as much as American people hate reports from China.

Most western media paint East China sea as a communist plot, but they forget to point out the Anti Japanese sentiment is high in China, the belief that we are getting disrespected by the Americans is also high. When Chinese fishermen are interviewed all of them condemn foreign governments for claiming Chinese seas, and support China's support and protection for their Fishing activities in South China sea.

Why is it so hard for the West to understand that people in Asia loves their country as much as they love theirs?
look, I know already what you are saying, constant criticism without any appreciation for good things makes people inward looking and more asserting about their identity.
I can partially attribute too much nationalism in chinese and feeling of isolation to that criticism.
We have seen a lot of young muslims changing their behaviour (started to have beards, wear hijab) after 9/11 . I get what you were saying.

I was pointing to the truthness of news source. I have no issues with why or what you guys believe or want to believe.

You are a rare chinese member here who I can talk to without being abused. Hope you will maintain that, the other chinese members seems to too eager to prove their detractors right.

look, I know already what you are saying, constant criticism without any appreciation for good things makes people inward looking and more asserting about their identity.
I can partially attribute too much nationalism in chinese and feeling of isolation to that criticism.
We have seen a lot of young muslims changing their behaviour (started to have beards, wear hijab) after 9/11 . I get what you were saying.

I was pointing to the truthness of news source. I have no issues with why or what you guys believe or want to believe.

You are a rare chinese member here who I can talk to without being abused. Hope you will maintain that, the other chinese members seems to too eager to prove their detractors right.

You have to understand that people are different, especially China, we are not occupied by Americans or British (not a dig at India), our culture may have changed, but our beliefs are more or less in tact.

What do I mean? We wear suits, drive BMWs, believe in Science and watch Iron Man, but we still talk to our parents with respect and still see family and society as important.

For example, Russia's anti Gay law is a crime against humanity in America, but in Russia, there is support and Putin is popular for it.

Everyone is different, we see the government as a part of our lives, and that they are important as is our friends and family. Do we have dissidents? Yes, but is it a big problem? Hell no.

If we are looking at it in a vacuum. Chinese dissidents are like occupy wall street, there is calls for reform, but most are more or less satisfied and not angry enough to do anything. You know how you know that's not true anymore? See Egypt.

Why is it so hard to understand that we are cool with the government being part of our lives? Why do we have to fight our government? China is being feared in the west where once we were being laughed at. From a Chinese point of view our government has done more than all others to help our people.

IF Indian government achieved the same as China and has the same problems, would Indians not be keeping this party in power?

truth is in china 99% of foreign news website are not banned...everyone can open CNN and bbc website.
and CNN and BBC have bad reputaion is also the truth.

"prove their detractors right?“ that doent matters.
we follow leadship. even sometimes they made mistake.
people are different. but one thing is sure.
the most majority of chinese people love their counry and glad to follow leadship
it doesnt change. even I lived long time in west countries.

You have to understand that people are different, especially China, we are not occupied by Americans or British (not a dig at India), our culture may have changed, but our beliefs are more or less in tact.

What do I mean? We wear suits, drive BMWs, believe in Science and watch Iron Man, but we still talk to our parents with respect and still see family and society as important.

For example, Russia's anti Gay law is a crime against humanity in America, but in Russia, there is support and Putin is popular for it.

Everyone is different, we see the government as a part of our lives, and that they are important as is our friends and family. Do we have dissidents? Yes, but is it a big problem? Hell no.

If we are looking at it in a vacuum. Chinese dissidents are like occupy wall street, there is calls for reform, but most are more or less satisfied and not angry enough to do anything. You know how you know that's not true anymore? See Egypt.

Why is it so hard to understand that we are cool with the government being part of our lives? Why do we have to fight our government? China is being feared in the west where once we were being laughed at. From a Chinese point of view our government has done more than all others to help our people.

IF Indian government achieved the same as China and has the same problems, would Indians not be keeping this party in power?
I never implied that chinese to be dissident or overthrow their govt. If they are happy and content, why should they act against their govt.
My post was quite specific, that 'I' do not trust chinese news source (a view I hold for press tv or RT too). Similarly you might not find Indian media credible (if at all you follow it).
I was replying to a pakistani, not doing a political commenary on china or chinese. You seem to see me as zombie of western propaganda. :)

Most Indians want good relations with China, and we recognize that it up to Chinese to decide what form of government they want.

But the problem is that you cannot alone take high ground. Everyone loves their own country, that is why if Chinese question Kashmir, be ready to be questioned on Tibet.

No.

Because you make the same mistake that Indians do with China. That Indians somehow would be content with a single party. Ignoring the fact that the Congress party has ruled for the majority of time,

You also ignore the cultural, linguistic diversity.

Even if the Indian governemnt delivers like the Chinese, it is still not a guarantee.

After two election cycles they will be kicked out.

Most Indians want good relations with China,
This is hard to believe.

But the problem is that you cannot alone take high ground. Everyone loves their own country, that is why if Chinese question Kashmir, be ready to be questioned on Tibet.
That is not easy. The Kashmir problem is not only between china and india.
But for a good begining, India can stop claiming aksai chin.
do a favour to china, we will return you a bigger favour.

Last edited:
No.

Because you make the same mistake that Indians do with China. That Indians somehow would be content with a single party. Ignoring the fact that the Congress party has ruled for the majority of time,

You also ignore the cultural, linguistic diversity.

Even if the Indian governemnt delivers like the Chinese, it is still not a guarantee.

After two election cycles they will be kicked out.

Well Congress has delivered less than CCP, but I get your point, I know how democracy works, been in Canada for most of my life. But the party that delivers like the CCP would be in power more times than not, would that not be the case? Of course a lot of things play into the final result, but delivering on promises certainly doesn't hurt.

But if you like, think about this China is single party rule, but not single PERSON rule. The difference is actually bigger than you might first think. It's also one of the biggest reasons, China is not in an Egypt situation right now.

This is hard to believe.

That is not easy. The Kashmir problem is not only between china and india.
But for a good begining, India can stop claiming aksai chin.
do a favour to china, we will return you a bigger favour.

That is what I was just saying....if you accuse others, be ready to be accused too.

If you talk of poverty in India...be ready to be accused of human right violation in China too.
If you talk of corruption in India...be ready to talk about corruption in China too
If you talk of inefficiency of democracy in India...be ready to talk about excess of CCP in China
If you talk of Aksai Chin..be ready to talk of Arunachal Pradesh too.

The list is never ending...so is the discussion

Well Congress has delivered less than CCP, but I get your point, I know how democracy works, been in Canada for most of my life. But the party that delivers like the CCP would be in power more times than not, would that not be the case? Of course a lot of things play into the final result, but delivering on promises certainly doesn't hurt.

But if you like, think about this China is single party rule, but not single PERSON rule. The difference is actually bigger than you might first think. It's also one of the biggest reasons, China is not in an Egypt situation right now.

You'll have no argument from me.

If you ask me, I prefer a Lee Kuan Yew figure to the democracy prevailing in India right now.

What India needs is not only a good Prime Minister, but also Chief Ministers.

Every province have ther own language, ethnic divisions. Someone to manage the economy, infrastructure at the state level too :-)

But you are right. That's why you have BJP supporters crawling in this forum. Because of the ruling party's incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom