What's new

Tensions rise over Afghan, Pakistan border dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for dragging in your trolling stuff....

If you have nothing to contribute, pls do not post. Its easy.

The user said the terrorism problem is because of pashtun areas, so the gallup poll that contradicts that assertion is very much relevant. The poll shows that more punjabis than KPK residents find the presence of Taliban positive.

Typical Good Taliban vs Bad Taliban mentality. The farther you are from the bullet, the more handsome the shooter looks. It's no surprise that the %age of people who support the TTP within the Pakistani community is higher in European Countries than in Pakistan.

Thank you, I agree. Its also my belief that the pashtuns are a major victim of terrorism and terrorism politics.

Although I agree with your assessment that the Afghan Taliban and TTP have the same goals in the long run, I beg to differ on the grounds that the Afghan Taliban can claim some measure of legitimacy on the grounds that they are fighting against a foreign force that aims to subjugate their people (So they say). However, the TTP has no such claim to go by, in fact the TTP is despised more sourly in FATA than in any other part of Pakistan. The people of FATA have suffered the most at their hands and have come out in thousands to fight against them.

If the current constitution remains in place, Karazai will have to go because he has exhausted his terms as head honcho but being Afghanistan, a lot of power rests with the Loya Jirga and they can retain him in his present capacity or install him in some other key position, I think that's the audience he's trying to play to, the Loya Jirga.

I didnt say TTP enjoy the support of all tribals, the fact is many taliban factions of Pakistan are also their enemies and have joined hands with Pak army. Moreover tribal aman lashkars always have resisted them...what i want to say is that these TTP did not appeared out of thin air, once they didnt exist at all. Their story starts with naik mohamad wazir, you should study him why he tooks arms against Pakistan army...at one point he made peace deal with pak army, they hugged each other, he expressed his patriotism and loyalty to pakistan....then after some time he was killed through laser guided misile...

The gate at the crossing should not be considered Pakistan's official stance on the Durand line. Pashtun areas are either Pakistani territory or Pakistani-related. Hence, a more realistic border would be several miles further into Afghanistan to unite the families on both sides under one banner.

This eases trade and communication between the people of a shared heritage and removes ay remaining travel restrictions.

The Tajiks and Uzbeks should look into uniting areas under their influence with their home countries and the rest can become true Afghanistan.

If you have nothing to contribute, pls do not post. Its easy.

The user said the terrorism problem is because of pashtun areas, so the gallup poll that contradicts that assertion is very much relevant. The poll shows that more punjabis than KPK residents find the presence of Taliban positive.

And how would you relate that survey with the stuff mentioned in OP? Moreover the fellow you quoted was addressing the militancy in Pakistan not in Afghanistan so the survey you had dragged in bear no relevance.

The gases just need some ionization , eh , mate ? :D Well , the country is unpredictable looking at its history , I have always studied the different interests of Afghans with curiosity towards religion , communism and ethnicity ... But since it affects directly or indirectly , I am quite sure that we have to accept the fact that your number 1 scenario is most likely to happen looking at the current state of affairs ...

Likely, yes.
However, when we speak about probability. Those are all probables.

Because except for pretty generous , there is little chance that ANA and Kabul Administration can hold up against different factions who will come to Kabul for their share of pie ...

That's where the Loya Jirga comes into play again, you don't have to satisfy an entire Lashkar, you just have to satisfy the mashar. Keep the Masharan close and you have a running, functioning democracy (or what is remotely resemblant of it).

The Taliban have so far been reluctant to contest in the election , even to co-operate in peace talks until the coalition is there

Exactly. NATO's departure will level the playing field and will take the legitimacy card right out of the Taliban's hand. The Taliban will have to appear serious about stabilizing Afghanistan if they want any chance of success there.

... Splitting that country isn't possible in my opinion , I mean , it has been in this state for hundreds of years yet nothing that sort happened ...

Remember that the removal of the King flipped the pardigm entirely, the history of Afg had a strong monarch who represented the trust of many smaller kingdoms or khanates that functioned under his umbrella. With the King gone, there was no central figure for the Khanates to be united under and it is for that reason that Afg descended into the conditions we see today.

The SCO doesn't have the will and maturity to send its forces into that country , looking at the result cards of USSR and USA respectively ...

True, however, being astute, they can offer administrative and political support to Kabul without actually getting their hands in Afghanistan. In many cases, someone to use as a political springboard can make all the difference in what the outcome will be.

well i was reading it seriously , unless i read "KARZAI HAS DIRECTED ANA TO REMOVE PAK INSTALMENTS..." :P
it made me laugh :D i think Pakistan should try to seize or get in negotiations that 2KM strip of Afghan land which seperates Pakistan with central asia.

And how would you relate that survey with the stuff mentioned in OP? Moreover the fellow you quoted was addressing the militancy in Pakistan not in Afghanistan so the survey you had dragged in bear no relevance.

Terrorism is terrorism, apparently you also suffer from good terrorist bad terrorist syndrome.

In any case, here, this survey shows more punjabis think talibs in pakistan are good than pashtuns, although the numbers had fallen sharply after the war reached home.

Taliban Increasingly Unpopular in Pakistan

I didnt say TTP enjoy the support of all tribals, the fact is many taliban factions of Pakistan are also their enemies and have joined hands with Pak army. Moreover tribal aman lashkars always have resisted them...what i want to say is that these TTP did not appeared out of thin air, once they didnt exist at all. Their story starts with naik mohamad wazir, you should study him why he tooks arms against Pakistan army...at one point he made peace deal with pak army, they hugged each other, he expressed his patriotism and loyalty to pakistan....then after some time he was killed through laser guided misile...

Yes, I know about Nek Muhammad Wazir but he was killed by a drone attack, not by the Pakistan Army. Many a times before, Pakistan's allies have been less than friendly towards the US and this has resulted in their elimination by the US.

Terrorism is terrorism, apparently you also suffer from good terrorist bad terrorist syndrome.

In any case, here, this survey shows more punjabis think talibs in pakistan are good than pashtuns, although the numbers had fallen sharply after the war reached home.

Taliban Increasingly Unpopular in Pakistan

I doubt you even followed the posts of that fellow.

Please have your say in this thread, started 3 years ago on very same news item...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/50692-support-taliban-plummets-pakistan.html

Likely, yes.
However, when we speak about probability. Those are all probables.

As unpredictable as ever !

That's where the Loya Jirga comes into play again, you don't have to satisfy an entire Lashkar, you just have to satisfy the mashar. Keep the Masharan close and you have a running, functioning democracy (or what is remotely resemblant of it).

No , I know that ... I am just curious that why that Loya Jirga hasn't been able to hold onto and become a stabilizing force for Afghanistan till now if going by your assessment , they do have such power ... If they couldn't do it until now , what chance there is of it happening in the future ?

Exactly. NATO's departure will level the playing field and will take the legitimacy card right out of the Taliban's hand. The Taliban will have to appear serious about stabilizing Afghanistan if they want any chance of success there.

Well , I do not think they want legitimacy or any such thing looking at the last time they ruled , what was their excuse back then so to think that they need right now ? They want to enforce a extreme version of religion on everyone else ... NATO's departure will help actually to actually try to take the chance of conquering Kabul again ... I will not deny the fierce competition they will face from other different factions ...

Remember that the removal of the King flipped the pardigm entirely, the history of Afg had a strong monarch who represnted the trust of many smaller kingdoms or khanates that functioned under his umbrella. With the King gone, there was no central figure for the Khanates to be united under and it is for that reason that Afg descended into the conditions we see today.

Yeah , in a way , Afghanistan is not one country even today , it lack coherence as a nation I have said before but a clear and complete partition of the country isn't really probable to happen if it hasn't happened until now with worst situations ...

True, however, being astute, they can offer administrative and political support to Kabul without actually getting their hands in Afghanistan. In many cases, someone to use as a political springboard can make all the difference in what the outcome will be.

That they can , if again they see a viable return for their investment ...

As unpredictable as ever !

No , I know that ... I am just curious that why that Loya Jirga hasn't been able to hold onto and become a stabilizing force for Afghanistan till now if going by your assessment , they do have such power ... If they couldn't do it until now , what chance there is of it happening in the future ?

Well , I do not think they want legitimacy or any such thing looking at the last time they ruled , what was their excuse back then so to think that they need right now ? They want to enforce a extreme version of religion on everyone else ... NATO's departure will help actually to actually try to take the chance of conquering Kabul again ... I will not deny the fierce competition they will face from other different factions ...

Yeah , in a way , Afghanistan is not one country even today , it lack coherence as a nation I have said before but a clear and complete partition of the country isn't really probable to happen if it hasn't happened until now with worst situations ...

That they can , if again they see a viable return for their investment ...

The fact is taliban, which is name for religous students in pashto, launched themeselves because looting, murders and rapes were widespread due to ongoing civil war. They came forward to bring stability and peace to Afghanistan, neither they cared about pashtun warlords neither tajik or uzbek...they defeated every trouble maker and brought peace to country which was dying for it. As they were simple deobandi madrass students so they enforced islam which was taught to them in pakistani madrassas and if you check out these deobandi madrassas , they do not consider democracy ideal and talks about hazrat omar rule as best example of rule...
Taliban minus alqaida is not enemy of peace and stability. It was alqaida, the arabs, who brought these suicide bombing culture into talibans, it were uzbeks who introduced beheadings idea into talibans.....taliban have learnt a lot from this decade long war with americans, previous to that they were not even aware of international diplomacy neither they knew about importance and utilization of media...

Don't take Karzai too seriously,he's just doing what New Dehli pays him to do. Just wait and see how he meets his pre-determined destiny :pop:

Who cares for Afghanistan, just build the wall as quickly as possible. It is Pakistani people from FATA who are being slaughtered by TTP terrorist who have full support of Afghan govt, ANA & various other elements such as RAW. By building a wall consisting of bullet/bomb-proof check posts Pakistan would actually cut off TTP supply route as well as escape route. No operation against TTP will be successful until & unless a wall is there, PA will kill a max of 300 in an operation but another lot will come in from Afghanistan.

Again the fake accusations against RAW, where is the proof bro. Don't tell the fake stories of finding bollywood cds or red wine.

TTP are your fellow countrymen either in Waziristan, Swat or Khyber.

Again the fake accusations against RAW, where is the proof bro. Don't tell the fake stories of finding bollywood cds or red wine.

TTP are your fellow countrymen either in Waziristan, Swat or Khyber.

Brother @Gigawatt, we both know the dirty game our intel agencies are playing and co-ordinating from Chabahar. We should stop interfering in internal affairs of neighbors or it will bite us in end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom