What's new

Tensions rise over Afghan, Pakistan border dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the current constitution remains in place, Karazai will have to go because he has exhausted his terms as head honcho but being Afghanistan, a lot of power rests with the Loya Jirga and they can retain him in his present capacity or install him in some other key position, I think that's the audience he's trying to play to, the Loya Jirga.

I do not think you understood my question , mate ... I am actually postulating that there will be no Govt in Afghanistan instead a civil war is more likely to happen ... The current constitution and the so called central Govt will not be in existence then , ANA will disintegrate and join different factions fighting for power and domination like earlier ... I do not know what Loya Jirga can pull in such case , but Karzai stands no chance in my opinion ...

I do not think you understood my question , mate ... I am actually postulating that there will be no Govt in Afghanistan instead a civil war is more likely to happen ... The current constitution and the so called central Govt will not be existence then , ANA will disintegrate and join different factions fighting for power and domination like earlier ... I do not know what Loya Jirga can pull in such case , but Karzai stands no chance in my opinion ...

That's the fun thing about studying Afghanistan, you can never reach a likely hypothesis because Afghanistan is like Plasma, it's highly unstable and reacts violently to even the most basic of stimuli. There are a number of possible outcomes that can be drawn from the present Afghan situation, only time will tell which one stands.

1) Afghanistan decends into another Civil War.
2) Kabul and ANA hold their own and battle a prolonged battle against the AT.
3) Afghanistan is split up along ethnic lines.
4) The AT contest polls and become a part of the political process.
5) The SCO has to intervene in some capacity (mil, adm or pol).

Among all these possibilities, 4 is the one that favours the Afghans, Us and the region in it's entirety.

May be you need to have a good source for disorientation seems to be dominating. Anyway, no one in his/her right mind would think the way you think - there are plenty of stooges to some foreign powers within almost all provinces of Pakistan. Implementation of your suggestion cum hypothesis means disorganization of the federation. Beside Pushtoons are very patriotic I don't know where did you get impression from! Militancy and struggle for independence are two different things, please don't subvert the struggle of our forefathers for the independence of Pakistan..

I would be honest with you people, i have never met a single pakhtun who was talking about separation...many of them are angry at pak army or at deterioting economic situation of the country or have sense of deprivation or about any other issue, but these concerns are as 'pakistanis' . Even the pashtun nationalists, who are unjustly suspected as traitors, work within framework of Pakistan...neither are we talking about sindhudesh neither are we in open rebellion like balochs yet our patriotism and loyalty is questioned, racist and hateful comments about pakhtuns particularly tribals are now norm.......some one here is calling FATA cancer of pakistan, another one is suggesting tora bora treatment and here and there pakhtun tribal culture and ways of life are mocked as if we are insensitive to all of these....

Chanting “death to Pakistan”, “death to ISI” and “death to (Pakistani President Asif Ali) Zardari”, the students marched from Nangarhar university and blocked the main highway between Kabul and Jalalabad for about an hour.

Can't even say Death to Afghanistan in return for these guys. That pathetic country is not even worth it. :rolleyes:

As I said, I'm just fiddling the hypothetical idea of it, and I was asking questions from others what they think about it. I have not stated my opinion about this issue yet, and I have not declared anyone to be a "traitor".

I was talking about mentality of some Punjabis(again i must add no offense to anyone).

PS:Bangladesh was once part of Pakistan and now it's not.

Allah protect Pakistan and its people.

Bangladesh was never a real part of Pakistan, it had to depart anyways. According to 1940 plan Bengal was supposed to be a separate country. Plus you cannot think like this, what happen is happen but make sure it must not happen again.

Allah protect Pakistan and its people.

That's the fun thing about studying Afghanistan, you can never reach a likely hypothesis because Afghanistan is like Plasma, it's highly unstable and reacts violently to even the most basic of stimuli. There are a number of possible outcomes that can be drawn from the present Afghan situation, only time will tell which one stands.

Among all these possibilities, 4 is the one that favours the Afghans, Us and the region in it's entirety.

Is 5 even in any way, shape, or form a realistic possibility?? I do not believe the SCO is a mature enough organization yet to be willing to entangle itself in the hornets nest.

I would be honest with you people, i have never met a single pakhtun who was talking about separation...many of them are angry at pak army or at deterioting economic situation of the country or have sense of deprivation or about any other issue, but these concerns are as 'pakistanis' . Even the pashtun nationalists, who are unjustly suspected as traitors, work within framework of Pakistan...neither are we talking about sindhudesh neither are we in open rebellion like balochs yet our patriotism and loyalty is questioned, racist and hateful comments about pakhtuns particularly tribals are now norm.......some one here is calling FATA cancer of pakistan, another one is suggesting tora bora treatment and here and there pakhtun tribal culture and ways of life are mocked as if we are insensitive to all of these....

Chalk one up to the Media, just as all Muslims have been unjustly painted as Terrorists, one of the most harshly affected ethnicity in this regard has been the Pushtuns. I too have come across hateful and condescending comments but they are a product of opinion moulding rather than genuine malice.

I never stated my opinion. I was just asking a question and wanted to know people's opinion. If my question makes fitna among people in this thread then I'll delete those posts.

Peace.

Since you are open to ideas, you may find it interesting that previous gallup polls have showed more support for afghan taliban in punjab than in KPK.

Is 5 even in any way, shape, or form a realistic possibility?? I do not believe the SCO is a mature enough organization yet to be willing to entangle itself in the hornets nest.

It's a faint possibility for a number of reasons:

1) The CARs have Social, Cultural and Ethnic similarities with some Afghan peoples.
2) All the regional powers are stakeholders in the SCO and UN will always favour the regional stakeholders because they will otherwise veto any resolution.
3) Afghanistan is also looking for a more active status within the SCO framework, that way the SCO can support it directly as well.

Since you are open to ideas, you may find it interesting that previous gallop polls have showed more support for afghan taliban in punjab than in KPK.

Thank you for dragging in your trolling stuff....

Since you are open to ideas, you may find it interesting that previous gallop polls have showed more support for afghan taliban in punjab than in KPK.

Typical Good Taliban vs Bad Taliban mentality. The farther you are from the bullet, the more handsome the shooter looks. It's no surprise that the %age of people who support the TTP within the Pakistani community is higher in European Countries than in Pakistan.

Thank you for clearing that up. I apologize if I offended you or anyone here.

The gases just need some ionization , eh , mate ? :D Well , the country is unpredictable looking at its history , I have always studied the different interests of Afghans with curiosity towards religion , communism and ethnicity ... But since it affects directly or indirectly , I am quite sure that we have to accept the fact that your number 1 scenario is most likely to happen looking at the current state of affairs in that country ...

Because except for pretty generous support , there is little chance that ANA and Kabul Administration can hold up against different factions who will come to Kabul for their share of pie ... The Taliban have so far been reluctant to contest in the election , even to co-operate in peace talks until the coalition is there ... Splitting that country isn't possible in my opinion , I mean , it has been in this state for hundreds of years yet nothing that sort happened ... The SCO doesn't have the will and maturity to send its forces into that country , looking at the result cards of USSR and USA respectively ...

Pakistan cannot live in Peace until it annexes part of Pashtun majority and encourages Tajik and Uzbeck majority areas to join their respective countries as well.

My bad- :P-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom