What's new

Tejas to get “HF” Designation by year end

sudhir007

Reaction score
Tejas to get “HF” Designation by year end idrw.org

Last Fighter aircraft to get HF (Hindustan Fighter) Designation was HF-24 Marut , almost five decades ago when Marut first flew in late 50′s , Tejas will get HF Designation by year end at the same time when IOC ( initial operational clearance ) is achieved .

HAL and ADA have send a file containing possible HF designations based on various parameters. Parameters include year of project start ,first roll out, or the first flight it self .

after HF Designation has been granted LCA Tag will be completely dropped and will not be used further officially .

Hindustan is added to every aircraft produced in India for very long time now , even new aircrafts has per their usage are given Designation , Trainer are designated Hindustan Trainer (HT-2) or Hindustan Jet Trainer (HJT-36) , Hindustan Turbo Trainer (HTT-40) and Hindustan Fighter for a fighter aircraft ,it been long five decades for this designation to be revived .

So It will be called HF-Tejas , Hindustan Fighter Tejas
I dnt think it is HF-TEJAS. HF-with numeric no. like
HF-24 (Marut) where HF belong to Hindustan Fighter then the no come's
HTT-40 -- Hindustan Turbo Trainer
HJT-16 -- Hindustan jet trainer

I dnt think it is HF-TEJAS. HF-with numeric no. like
HF-24 (Marut) where HF belong to Hindustan Fighter then the no come's
HTT-40 -- Hindustan Turbo Trainer
HJT-16 -- Hindustan jet trainer

Yes a Number has to come, Waiting to see what the number would be

Is that ur favourite # dude :rofl:

I think he used 24 from HF-24 and added 50 (since tejas is coming after 5 decades). so HF-24+50 = HF-74.

Well I must say it's a good guess who knows it turn out to be true. :rofl:

Is that ur favourite # dude :rofl:
yes i already mention it it is my personal opinion. I love the combination of hf with 74 that is why i write. By the way i dnt believe in # im fan of Tajes and i love it. I just want to induct in IAF in big number around 205-300 plane.

Instead of HF-Tejas I would like something that sounds more dangerous and can be associated with the Jet in a better way.

Eg: HF- Tez/Tej(Short form of Tejas) or HF - Nevla (small and agile) or HF-Baaz or HF-Shaitan...

Feel free to provide alternative names...

^^^

HF PalangTod, HF Rajnikant, HF Toofan, HF Gatotkacchh, HF Prachand, HF Sunni Deol ??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom