What's new

Tejas trials Fast-tracked to meet deadline

to be fair, ISRO is doing continuous development on rocket tech since inception, where as HAL is being thrust into R&D which they never did before. Also, we dont need our launch vehicle to beat other vehicles but the aircraft is required to be at least as good as the competitor.
i am sorry but this is no excuse at all

they have failed in every front.

its not excuse, just pointing out that they might have been too ambitious. We should have treated tejas project as tech demonstrator.
i listed the problems

1)its a psu

2)50 percent reservation

to be fair, ISRO is doing continuous development on rocket tech since inception, where as HAL is being thrust into R&D which they never did before. Also, we dont need our launch vehicle to beat other vehicles but the aircraft is required to be at least as good as the competitor.

An extremely intelligent post!

There is this constant comparison between how successful ISRO is and what a utter failure that DRDO is supposed to be.

ISRO is still well behind China when it comes to space. China had a GLSV MARK 3 equivalent carrier 2 decades ago and ISRO is still yet to launch it. ISRO is still maybe a decade away from sending a human into space and China already achieved this feat a deacade ago.

Saying that, ISRO should be proud of what is has done for India with the very limited resources that it has been given though but it has not done been able to do any magic.

With the LCA, DRDO has not been a complete failure. It succeeded in creating the aircraft and the fly-by-wire system and was partially successful on the radar. The Kaveri engine could only be termed a failure.

The Chinese mainly succeeded on the J-10 due to their decades of experience in copying and then also designing their own fighter planes. India just did not have this experience to call upon on.

Indians should realise the impossible that was asked of DRDO and not constantly bash them and the scientists and engineers who are working on this project.

There is this constant comparison between how successful ISRO is and what a utter failure that DRDO is supposed to be.

ISRO is still well behind China when it comes to space. China had a GLSV MARK 3 equivalent carrier 2 decades ago and ISRO is still yet to launch it. ISRO is still maybe a decade away from sending a human into space and China already achieved this feat a deacade ago.

Sating that, ISRO should be proud of what is has done for India with the very limited resources that it has been given though but it has not done been able to do any magic.

With the LCA, DRDO has not been a complete failure. It succeeded in creating the aircraft and the fly-by-wire system and was partially successful on the radar. The Kaveri engine could only be termed a failure.

The Chinese mainly succeeded on the J-10 due to their decades of experience in copying and then also designing their own fighter planes. India just did not have this experience to call upon on.

Indians should realise the impossible that was asked of DRDO and not constantly bash them and the scientists and engineers who are working on this project.
i agree on isro

as i mentioned they have been trying for gslv for 15 years now and still unsuccessful.

but drdo has been a failure everywhere except ballistic missiles

Saying that, ISRO should be proud of what is has done for India with the very limited resources that it has been given though but it has not done been able to do any magic.

I think the reason why most Indians are pissed off, is because
1. They dont see a continuous improvement in the product
2. Unlike ISRO, DRDO loves to be boastful about the product under development, resulting in poor management of expectation.

Two completely different organization and different work ethics... does anybody know the salary structure in ISRO, is it higher than other org?

Yes its certainly higher along with oil companies employees, but delay on part of HAL has nothing to do with salary now, they too might be getting higher salaries then other public sector undertakings

If India defense production ingenuously will increase only if its opened to private sector in big way as DRDO, n HAL will work like govt. organisation do

I think the reason why most Indians are pissed off, is because
1. They dont see a continuous improvement in the product
2. Unlike ISRO, DRDO loves to be boastful about the product under development, resulting in poor management of expectation.

Totally agree that DRDO should be talking less about what they will achieve and talk when they have actually achieved.

then they won't be talking at all i guess
Very simplistic and naive assertion! They can talk about AAD and PAD, Prahar and Pragati, K15 and Shaurya, HUMSA NG and PANCHENDRIYA, SAMYUKTA and Ajanta, CMDS and next gen RWR all of which were developed successfully in secrecy. And they will !! Heck, even HAL can boast about ALH, Rudra, Gnat and Jaguar modifications.

About the LCA project, I concur that colossal mismanagement has been the hallmark! Though it has generated a great number of technologies and infra that will go a long way in progressing Indian military aviation.

g
Very simplistic and naive assertion! They can talk about AAD and PAD, Prahar and Pragati, K15 and Shaurya, HUMSA NG and PANCHENDRIYA, SAMYUKTA and Ajanta, CMDS and next gen RWR all of which were developed successfully in secrecy. And they will !! Heck, even HAL can boast about ALH, Rudra, Gnat and Jaguar modifications.

About the LCA project, I concur that colossal mismanagement has been the hallmark! Though it has generated a great number of technologies and infra that will go a long way in progressing Indian military aviation.

don't be a fanboy

all these things except for the missiles are useless and have been rejected even for tejas,,,,,go and do research

modifications are done with imported kits,,,,so do u want hal to feel proud about screwdriver job

@he-man literally what is the purpose to all your posts? Constructive criticism is one thing but your just seem intent on criticising for the sake of criticising- it's just getting oh so dull now.

You offer very little in the way of solutions, just scathing attacks. Seems pretty senseless to me.

@he-man literally what is the purpose to all your posts? Constructive criticism is one thing but your just seem intent on criticising for the sake of criticising- it's just getting oh so dull now.

You offer very little in the way of solutions, just scathing attacks. Seems pretty senseless to me.

there is a reson why

1)tatra truck scam happened
2)augusta scam happened
3)bofors scam happened

there is a reson to be sceptical at least when modification of mirage 2000 is equal to a brand new mig-29k

u are living in uk and i don't expect u to be as frustrated with state of affairs as i am

there is a reson why

1)tatra truck scam happened
2)augusta scam happened
3)bofors scam happened
1) being investigated
2) nothing whatsoever has been proven to date. The fact that AW are coming back so strong against the GoI should tell you the GoI/MoD have been complete retards over this entire incident and have entirely overreacted and are likely to pay the price when it comes to arbitration.
3) This happened how many decades ago now?

1) being investigated
2) nothing whatsoever has been proven to date. The fact that AW are coming back so strong against the GoI should tell you the GoI/MoD have been complete retards over this entire incident and have entirely overreacted and are likely to pay the price when it comes to arbitration.
3) This happened how many decades ago now?

don't be so naive yaar

in indian judiciary cases take 15-20 years but everyone knows what happened in tatra deals,just read up

in case of augusta deal has been cancelled and former iaf chief is in jail

Back
Top Bottom