What's new

Tejas Mk2 team targets 2017 for first flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not simply go ahead with the project & in the mean time partner with SAAB or Dassult to fit some 5th gen features into it which can be later incorporated into it.Just like what Boeing did with F-18
Why not .......
Cause if LCA-MK-2 is not ready for induction in 2018 IAF have to have purchase costly Rafale or MKIs to keep the numbers. So if we are going to be late anyway why not use it for more value addition ????

I agree our own attempt to redesign or modify LCA will not be a hit story but till it would be better than today's proposed MK-2.
If we manage to add weapon compartments the birds will be relevant against most of threats.

Why not .......
Cause if LCA-MK-2 is not ready for induction in 2018 IAF have to have purchase costly Rafale or MKIs to keep the numbers. So if we are going to be late anyway why not use it for more value addition ????

I agree our own attempt to redesign or modify LCA will not be a hit story but till it would be better than today's proposed MK-2.
If we manage to add weapon compartments the birds will be relevant against most of threats.

That's why i said SAAB or Dassult or even Boeing,HAL ke akele ki baas ki baat nahi hai yeh

That's why i said SAAB or Dassult or even Boeing,HAL ke akele ki baas ki baat nahi hai yeh
Who's gona tell them that ????
Their ego is not letting them see the ground realities.

Nice :hitwall:
Shifted first flight from early 2015 to early 2017.
So intense testing will need 2 years for HAL and 2 years for services .
Say 2 years for production of first Sqd.

In short we will be inducting MK-2 along with FGFA if everything go as planned !!!!!!!!

I am sorry friend,,,u are doing a fatal mistake once again

Believing HAL:lol::lol::lol:

Who's gona tell them that ????
Their ego is not letting them see the ground realities.

Pata nahi kya hoga,my only hope is in Modi Sarkaar & they have also mentioned that Development of a strong defense Industrial base is one of their priorities

Pata nahi kya hoga,my only hope is in Modi Sarkaar & they have also mentioned that Development of a strong defense Industrial base is one of their priorities
They should and would start with PSU reforms and making them more efficient and accountable. Thats a hope but who knows.

I am sorry friend,,,u are doing a fatal mistake once again

Believing HAL:lol::lol::lol:
i am sorry friend .........You need to learn reading between the lines.
You havent understood what I wrote
In short that was sarcasm :rofl:

They should and would start with PSU reforms and making them more efficient and accountable. Thats a hope but who knows.

I a waiting for the next Budget,till then i am hoping that they are able to clear all these stuck infra projects & are able to secure more funds from China,Japan & other powers & also encourage more Pvt sector Participation in Defense sector .From 2017 there will be smooth sailing since they would attain majority in the RS to & many Bills can be passed without much hurdles.

i am sorry friend .........You need to learn reading between the lines.
You havent understood what I wrote
In short that was sarcasm :rofl:[/quote]

Good to see more and more people getting restless about HAL'S dismal performance now:tup:

Atleast you can be happy with your current Mk1 ! :(

But we don't have anything to be happy with ...

nice, but you gotta wonder was all of this worth it?
feels like Tejas should of happened earlier like late 90's early 2000's but not you are getting around 2020 when you will have significant numbers, just seems already outdated.

UCAVS is where it's at now and in the next decade. wasting time and resources IMO.

not really , they can operate Tejas alongside of their fifth generation fighter ( of cures if they buy or develop any 5th fighter ) ...
some mission just need bombing , and if they develope long range smart missiles , they can attack target outside of Anti Aircraft systems ...

Don't make us feel better man,Many of us are pinning our hope that the new Govt will reform these State owned Defense Establishments so they can act to their full potentials

nice, but you gotta wonder was all of this worth it?
feels like Tejas should of happened earlier like late 90's early 2000's but not you are getting around 2020 when you will have significant numbers, just seems already outdated.

UCAVS is where it's at now and in the next decade. wasting time and resources IMO.

Then why spend 1 trillion on the F-35 if UCAV is the future post 2020 ?

We have not spent even 2 billion on Tejas as yet.

Now is a good time to buy Su-27/35 from Russia.

I don't see the US having much clout left with Russia to deny such a sale.

Nice :hitwall:
Shifted first flight from early 2015 to early 2017.
So intense testing will need 2 years for HAL and 2 years for services .
Say 2 years for production of first Sqd.

In short we will be inducting MK-2 along with FGFA if everything go as planned !!!!!!!!
No one claimed first flight except media, last year HAL Chief said 2017 first flight and 2019-20 production.Even IAF future charts show first mk2 sqrd by 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom