What's new

Tejas As Capable As Rafale Jet: Defence Minister

The indigenously manufactured light combat aircraft 'Tejas', which was inducted into the Indian Air Force earlier this year, is as good as the French-made Rafale fighter jet and comparable with other top LCAs across the world, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Saturday.

LCA.jpg

"This is a plane which is completely indigenously manufactured and can compete with any other fighter plane in the world. It is as capable as the Rafale. Only this is a light combat aircraft (LCA)," Mr Parrikar said.
"Only a 3.5 ton missile can be carried on it, Rafale on the other hand can carry a nine-ton (missile). This plane can fly at the rate of 450 km, Rafale can run 900 km because it has twin engines," he added.
with-HSLD-bombs-750x426.jpg

The Defence Minister also said that the Tejas, which was stalled for 33 years, was expedited because of his explicit directions to those in-charge of the project.
"I told them that all shortcomings should be fulfilled and the plane should be ready in a year," Mr Parrikar said, adding that some days ago an order had been placed for 83 more planes.

http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=39302

Does DM realize that his statements can make India look good / bad in front of the whole world?

The indigenously manufactured light combat aircraft 'Tejas', which was inducted into the Indian Air Force earlier this year, is as good as the French-made Rafale fighter jet and comparable with other top LCAs across the world, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Saturday.

LCA.jpg

"This is a plane which is completely indigenously manufactured and can compete with any other fighter plane in the world. It is as capable as the Rafale. Only this is a light combat aircraft (LCA)," Mr Parrikar said.
"Only a 3.5 ton missile can be carried on it, Rafale on the other hand can carry a nine-ton (missile). This plane can fly at the rate of 450 km, Rafale can run 900 km because it has twin engines," he added.
with-HSLD-bombs-750x426.jpg

The Defence Minister also said that the Tejas, which was stalled for 33 years, was expedited because of his explicit directions to those in-charge of the project.
"I told them that all shortcomings should be fulfilled and the plane should be ready in a year," Mr Parrikar said, adding that some days ago an order had been placed for 83 more planes.

http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=39302
already a thread running on this news.

I ll believe this once India actually fields a few squadrons of the Tejas and actually uses it in action. Which is why I actually hope this will happen well within Narendra Modi's stint because given his current mood he will definitely seek to 'prove' their superiority by sending them across and then the JF-17 can truly kick its ***.

Last edited:
we are people from a country living in stone age. we are supposed to believe every scientific and engineering statement given by the strongest superpower country's ministers.
just like 300 years ago indians used to quote NASA and Einstein.
Nobody is forcing the thought down your throat. Why are you jumping around something stated by the defence minister of a country that you hate to the core? Definitely there are better things to do in your life, isn't it?

Nobody is forcing the thought down your throat. Why are you jumping around something stated by the defence minister of a country that you hate to the core? Definitely there are better things to do in your life, isn't it?
"defence minister of a country" is not a small post. and it's our responsibility to take every statement of our enemy seriously no matter how big joker he is.
by the way i never published his statement in any newspaper.

"defence minister of a country" is not a small post. and it's our responsibility to take every statement of our enemy seriously no matter how big joker he is.
by the way i never published his statement in any newspaper.
If you really are sure that he is a joker and what he said is a joke, then taking it seriously means something wrong with your thinking.

I ll believe this once India actually fields a few squadrons of the Tejas and actually uses it in action. Which is why I actually hope this will happen well within Narendra Modi's stint because given his current mood he will definitely seek to 'prove' their superiority by sending them across and then the JF-17 can truly kick its ***.
Was this the same guy who said J20 is not a threat because Rafale is stealthy too? Is this the quality of BJP ministers? LOL

If you really are sure that he is a joker and what he said is a joke, then taking it seriously means something wrong with your thinking.
even a joker enemy may sometime give some serious facts.
if he were not there how would we have known about indian air power. now we will have to buy some latest tech to counter Tejas which we under estimated.

even a joker enemy may sometime give some serious facts.
if he were not there how would we have known about indian air power. now we will have to buy some latest tech to counter Tejas which we under estimated.
You don't get threatened by a FACT and that too made by a "joker". Seriously, it is not a threat to get worried nor it is a joke to laugh. According to you, it is a FACT. Then why are you up and running about a fact(according to you)

You don't get threatened by a FACT and that too made by a "joker". Seriously, it is not a threat to get worried nor it is a joke to laugh. According to you, it is a FACT. Then why are you up and running about a fact(according to you)
good point raise.
let me explain it to you using a true example.
Pitrus bukhari a pakistan ambassador at UN ,who is also a great name of urdu literature, once he was asked by some ambassador from other country at UN about washroom. His reply was quite simple "you are here because you belong to a sovereign nation, so do it behind any sofa ".
so my reply is the same. i belong to a sovereign nation. i can do what i want. i am not an indian or zakir naik who you can ban. even if you do i don't care.

The feeling when all your friends have a playstation 4 and your playstation 3 which is assembled by you has finally arrived , you start celebrations . Totally normal

when all your friends have PS3 and you make a Commodore 64

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom