What's new

Tejas As Capable As Rafale Jet: Defence Minister

I ll believe this once India actually fields a few squadrons of the Tejas and actually uses it in action. Which is why I actually hope this will happen well within Narendra Modi's stint because given his current mood he will definitely seek to 'prove' their superiority by sending them across and then the JF-17 can truly kick its ***.

Mig 29 & Mirrage 2000-5 will bring those JF17s like Mosquitos in the night sky.

Nobody is forcing the thought down your throat. Why are you jumping around something stated by the defence minister of a country that you hate to the core? Definitely there are better things to do in your life, isn't it?
Its a defence forum and we are here to discuss defence related issues if your getting ashamed by reading some of the comments here than stop your DM from making such foolish statesments because statements like these will only embarrass Indians all over the world

Its a defence forum and we are here to discuss defence related issues if your getting ashamed by reading some of the comments here than stop your DM from making such foolish statesments because statements like these will only embarrass Indians all over the world
No. I'm not ashamed. Apparently you people are picking on the one point that he said about Tejas is as capable as Rafale. But that is technical. He also specified the differences abour range, weapons load, spees and class. But nobody seems to care about mentioning that. If people were really sane, they wouldn't be having orgasms with playing around his statement that only suits their imagination.

And as this is a public forum, I can say whatever I want according to the guidelines.

Last edited:
Lol...Seems like you don't want to miss any chance to Lick your master's boots:lol::lol:

Seems like you are too ignorant to get the joke. :lol:

There is no technology which can respond to 'all' threats to any country nor Tejas are as capable as Rafales.

he said same as rafale. you don't believe your minister?

jF 17 thunder is a 2nd generation,poor country jet. why don't you lift your standard as you minister and compare tejas with f 22, f 35,rafales,su 35.
You are exactly right, i completely agree with you.

I ll believe this once India actually fields a few squadrons of the Tejas and actually uses it in action. Which is why I actually hope this will happen well within Narendra Modi's stint because given his current mood he will definitely seek to 'prove' their superiority by sending them across and then the JF-17 can truly kick its ***.
Sir,the role of tejas is just interceptor or CAS as its LWT,Its very difficult to assume that JF-17 crosses the border for deep strike crossing SAM like S-400,Bararks etc,so chances are very slim for engagement.But personally i would like, since TEJAS will be loaded with AESA radar and Python and Derby missile.

Sir,the role of tejas is just interceptor or CAS as its LWT,Its very difficult to assume that JF-17 crosses the border for deep strike crossing SAM like S-400,Bararks etc,so chances are very slim for engagement.But personally i would like, since TEJAS will be loaded with AESA radar and Python and Derby missile.
Don't you know that JF-17 is a multirole fighter and with CFTs it can reach Bangladesh through India, WITHOUT A SCRATCH.

What a stupid comment.

First induct the real version not the stop gap. They are making country a joke for rest of the world.

Bhakt and uneducated ignorent will love this dumb comment.

Best framing aircraft state of the art technology light as& dollar suckling aircraft still trying to get his tiny a&& into army from last 20 years..
We need to give this aircraft world best aircraft.
When Indian going to stop prazing this flying coffins. There is no comparability with Rafael who would buy Rafael if they have aircraft with alien tech in it. Dang

This should be in stupid and funny

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/tejas-as-capable-as-rafale-jet-defence-minister-1627624

Tejas As Capable As Rafale Jet: Defence Minister
All India | Indo-Asian News Service | Updated: November 19, 2016 23:32 IST

tejas-by-hal_650x400_41460633091.jpg

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar also said that Tejas a top light combat aircraft (LCA).

PANAJI: The indigenously manufactured light combat aircraft 'Tejas', which was inducted into the Indian Air Force earlier this year, is as good as the French-made Rafale fighter jet and comparable with other top LCAs across the world, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Saturday.

"This is a plane which is completely indigenously manufactured and can compete with any other fighter plane in the world. It is as capable as the Rafale. Only this is a light combat aircraft (LCA)," Mr Parrikar said.

"Only a 3.5 ton missile can be carried on it, Rafale on the other hand can carry a nine-ton (missile). This plane can fly at the rate of 450 km, Rafale can run 900 km because it has twin engines," he added.

The Defence Minister also said that the Tejas, which was stalled for 33 years, was expedited because of his explicit directions to those in-charge of the project.

"I told them that all shortcomings should be fulfilled and the plane should be ready in a year," Mr Parrikar said, adding that some days ago an order had been placed for 83 more planes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom