What's new

"Tejas, A Three-Legged Cheetah": Former IAF Commander

wake up guys. can we discuss abt LCA or we wanna continue discussing abt three or four legged cheetah.

i read an interview with Lt cdr ankur jain, the test pilot of LCA. he said that he was pretty much satisfied with progress made on LCA by ADA. he also stated that LCA can be used as excellent plat form for upgradation and the experience gained will come very handy in future projects of india.

What is missing? WHy is it three legged?

WHat is required to make it four legged?

Nothing, if you read the full article in the end Air Marshal says that because of its max static thrust with after burning is less because of using GE engines, hence its A Three-Legged Cheetah.

Whose saying that? :woot:
Its your Former IAF commander you fools.
Air Marshal (Retd) VK. Bhatia :hitwall:

1. There are all type of people everywhere, some do liaison for foreign aviation companies too. Hint

2. Do you think that all the foreign aircraft manufacturers are happy with India becoming less dependent and thus loosing their big customer with fat purse.

Really stop making fun of yourself.
Dont you get the irony why he says a three legged cheetah?
Just for your general IQ.. Cheetah has 4 legs.
asiatic_cheetah.jpg

Cut one and he is useless.

just see how many legs a aircrafts has.......
M-346_2523a.jpg
37736.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing, if you read the full article in the end Air Marshal says that because of its max static thrust with after burning is less because of using GE engines, hence its A Three-Legged Cheetah.

1. There are all type of people everywhere, some do liaison for foreign aviation companies too. Hint

2. Do you think that all the foreign aircraft manufacturers are happy with India becoming less dependent and thus loosing their big customer with fat purse.

I think because of its 2 rear landing gear and 1 front landing gear.

poorly written article, I don know how can he conclude the article in one page.... His article has no preamble, no factual datas, no conclusion, The article has not shown any pros of this project.... His focus on only Cons......

he simply wrote what he felt to write.... I don think his article deserve to discuss...

poorly written article, I don know how can he conclude the article in one page.... His article has no preamble, no factual datas, no conclusion, The article has not shown any pros of this project.... His focus on only Cons......

he simply wrote what he felt to write.... I don think his article deserve to discuss...

i will not agree with you, please re-read the article. The "cons" (in your words) that he talks about are 2; viz. the radar and the engine.
Of them, work on the radar is reasonably advanced and will see the light of day soon. The engine is a more difficult job (if you read up on aero-engines you'll understand why) and will take more time. But in the mean while the GE 414 will be used.

The Air Marshal in question, has used quite a lot of hyperbole in his piece, which while displaying some pen-manship shows little else. Don't forget that DRDO and all the other agencies working on the project had to grapple with many problems; 'little seed technology within the country', 'stop-start' funding, collaborative know-how which got shut off, lack of a clear-cut ASR among others. Coupled with the IAF which regularly changed its requirements (which was partly justified) as time rolled on. So the "goal posts" kept moving all the time. Try playing the football like that?

Only one question crosses my mind, did Air Marshal V.K. Bhatia ever work as a Test Pilot during his career? Would like to know.

LCA will get better engine and Radar in near future. But this is not reason why IAF is unhappy. Genius who wrote this article if could point us that then the article would have been worth reading otherwise it just a waste of time for us.

Lol at the reaction of Indians on this news!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Pakistan makes reilable weapons which fires than the india which just jams like Insas.And with all its home produce weapons still its able to whoop a country 7 times larger than itself.

Arrey bewakoof,aise posts karney sey pehle,jhandey toh change kar lia kar.
:hitwall:

Well i can assure you, that you heard incorrect. As he is from where his profile tells he is, so don't doubt it nor accuse anyone without proof based on criticism of ones own country. You will find lot of people criticizing their own country, its policies or even things made inside the country.

Doesn't his account tell that he is from US?
So how does it confirm that ajtr is an Indian?Just see his posts,criticizing a country is different and insulting is a different thing.So don't bring in your fanatic dreams!!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Its not a false flagger, its an Indian. So stop worrying over nationality.

You checked out his home?

You checked out his home?

The person has membership in other forums too.. She/he is here to scare off Indians, bad for the forum in long run.

People will realise it way too late..

Last edited:
The person has membership in other forums too.. She/he is here to scare off Indians, bad for the forum in long run.

People will realise it way too late..

I 'been following this forum for long time and never hear anything positive from him/her about his/her "flag country" rather many positive things about China/Pakistan. May be he/she is on short term visa to India and also forgot where he/she was born. In this case his/her flags can be justified :pop::pop:

nothing wrong with calling a bad plane a bad plane?

in fact, i think this officer should be commanded for being honest despite the criticisms he know he will face.

Back
Top Bottom