What's new

Team USA

@Hamartia Antidote ,

didn't you purchase an electric lawnmower? I remember you posting something about that on this thread a ways back but it's too time consuming to search for it, so I figured I would just ask you.

What make & model and are you happy with it? I'm thinking of going that way simply for the ease of usage and also my Husqvarna gas=powered is on its way out with too many constant problems, especially starting up and local HW store where I bought it from many years ago that also maintained it and repaired it for me when needed has shut down, after 50+ years just like many other businesses who were seriously affected by the pandemic shutdown as well as the ridiculous inflation. Let me know, please, when you get a chance. Thanks!

@Hamartia Antidote ,

didn't you purchase an electric lawnmower? I remember you posting something about that on this thread a ways back but it's too time consuming to search for it, so I figured I would just ask you.

What make & model and are you happy with it? I'm thinking of going that way simply for the ease of usage and also my Husqvarna gas=powered is on its way out with too many constant problems, especially starting up and local HW store where I bought it from many years ago that also maintained it and repaired it for me when needed has shut down, after 50+ years just like many other businesses who were seriously affected by the pandemic shutdown as well as the ridiculous inflation. Let me know, please, when you get a chance. Thanks!

Greenworks...don't think they make my model anymore. I bought a dual battery one.

I think they are great. No gas, oil, or filters, and it weighs almost nothing because it has no engine. My wife mows the lawn now since it is so light. Sounds like a pack of killer bees from some 1970's horror movie.

I'll never go back to gas.You just have to remember to charge the batteries (comes with charger. Battery has green lights on it to show level). Probably get ~60 minutes of continuous use total from the two. So if it takes you longer you may come up short. With my dual when the 1st battery goes dead a red light comes on and automatically switches to the second. This is nice as I know to stop dawdling.

No need to get the self-propelled one. This is like pushing a 3 year old in an umbrella stroller..like how lazy do you have to be to need it to be powered.

I may need to look at the blade bearings as I was mowing it in some really water logged stuff last year.

Greenworks...don't think they make my model anymore. I bought a dual battery one.

Wow, a lot of models to choose from. I think Home Depot carries that brand. They're the same color green I was looking at the other day, just never noticed the brand name at the time. Thanks, man.

Invention: OLED 1987
inventor: Kodak

LS633_fb.jpg

Last edited:
US is undoubtedly a great country. It is multi-cultural to the core and we can agree that it is the most powerful country that ever existed on earth in the history of humans. In foreseeable future I see China as the only country that will manage to challenge USA.
You can add Afghanistan to the list.

@Gomig-21

Tesla FSD in Harvard Square->Mass Ave->Mt Auburn->near Central->Western Ave-> Soldiers->Mass Pike

LOL! He overrides it when it made the correct choice to get in the the middle lane on the one-way Western Ave bridge when it quickly spotted the left hand turn arrow on the road for the middle lane (which before it just logically assumed was only for driving straight).

Looking back, your disengagement was not necessary. You had clearance and the car's planner wanted to use the middle left turn lane probably to set up for the next right turn entry to the highway.

You're right. At that time, my car's calculations were a few steps ahead of mine.

Many times on a Friday/Saturday night we'd all be racing down Western Ave and over that bridge and cut that left hard from the right hand side of the middle lane and then floor it again. Of course the police figured out that little fun area and decided to keep it intentionally bumpy for the next decade.

Last edited:
Maybe just the thought that Donkey Joe going to Saudi Arabia to beg forgiveness for the disparaging comments he made about the Kingdom and it's ruling party, claiming he'll "make it the pariah that it is" for the alleged hacking, sawing and dismembering of Kashogzhi and then topping off the brutal insult with the quote that "there is no redeeming social value to Saudi Arabia" and now he's going there to presumably say he's sorry and not to take any campaign "comments" as reality?! Will MBS show Biden the saw that was used on Khashogzhi to mess with him and decline any increase in oil production to lower the price? Or will he ask for something in return, like perhaps the F-35 or any other economic guarantee?

Maybe this potential major event has already started the hard to believe decrease in prices at the damn pump?

@Gomig-21

Should have "just walk-out tech".

So I expect a legitimate 5 finger discount review in the coming weeks. :enjoy:

That's amazing, I never heard of these places but my wife new all about it. I just showed her your post and she's like "yeah I know all about them" dang, excuse me lol. Damn Amazon slowly but surely gaining that monopoly on almost every single consumer item out there. There's your perfect example of capitalism in its rawest form. Most of the time you need money to make money, though.

Speaking of Saugus, is it going to be on Route 1? The most outlandish highway/superstores combined in the country!? I'd like to meet the guy who invented that road or came up with the concept of having a major highway route for 20 miles or so flooded with shopping malls and stores and businesses on both directions.

What's sad, though, is seeing so many of those businesses shut down after many years of being there. Shame covid really did a number on mostly the small mom & pop businesses.

Hey @VCheng , remember that gif you whipped up for me with the series of F-22 pics? How long did that take you and how complicated is the process? I have a bit longer series of an F-35A making a fast approach and then just pulling up vertically. Would make a great gif but not sure if I want to put the time and effort into it lol.

That's amazing, I never heard of these places but my wife new all about it. I just showed her your post and she's like "yeah I know all about them" dang, excuse me lol. Damn Amazon slowly but surely gaining that monopoly on almost every single consumer item out there. There's your perfect example of capitalism in its rawest form. Most of the time you need money to make money, though.

Speaking of Saugus, is it going to be on Route 1? The most outlandish highway/superstores combined in the country!? I'd like to meet the guy who invented that road or came up with the concept of having a major highway route for 20 miles or so flooded with shopping malls and stores and businesses on both directions.

What's sad, though, is seeing so many of those businesses shut down after many years of being there. Shame covid really did a number on mostly the small mom & pop businesses.

Hey @VCheng , remember that gif you whipped up for me with the series of F-22 pics? How long did that take you and how complicated is the process? I have a bit longer series of an F-35A making a fast approach and then just pulling up vertically. Would make a great gif but not sure if I want to put the time and effort into it lol.

It will be where the Big Y used to be. Next to the Petco and Kohl's in Saugus.

Last edited:
That's amazing, I never heard of these places but my wife new all about it. I just showed her your post and she's like "yeah I know all about them" dang, excuse me lol.

I've got a whole thread on it.

Easy peasey:

Back
Top Bottom