What's new

Team USA

@Gomig-21
Looks like an incredibly loud owl has moved into the neighborhood

Sounds sort of like this but MUCH MUCH louder and much smoother. This must be a gigantic owl.

All i hear is
gloooop..ga-gloooop..ga-glooooop.....GA-GLOOP!!!

Bouncing off everything...kind of creepy.

All I can think of is those cartoons where people throw a shoe out the window at some screeching alley cat on a fence.

LOL I can't believe I missed that!? That's a barred owl. One of the much more common owl species in our area here in MA and in the NorthEast and Canada and even western US. I remember having to pull one out of a chimney half charred and covered in soot somewhere in the Back Bay as they move in towards the city during the winter months for a couple of reasons: 1) The abundance of rodents and 2) the abundance of chimneys letting out warm air. The ones that have loose caps are the ones that have owls end up at the bottom of the chimney!

But very common right up there with the great horned and barn etc. About the size of red tailed hawk but with a lot more downy feathers making them much fluffier.
1637616238768.png

American chill thread? I find something new in here everyday.. First time entering this thread just wanted to say Hi

Interesting because the mentality hasn't really changed much in 80+ years, considering -- and of course, depending on exactly what years within the 40's all that flying and recording was being done -- in that the US was mired in arguably the 2 largest wars in its history. Afghanistan might've been the longest in US history, but the Pacific Theater was brutal on a completely separate level yet here, it was still business as usual, just like it would be today.

BTW, what do you make of the PAT's incredible run in their last 8 unbeaten? Did you see that stat for the Bills game? Mac Jones hands if off for something like 43 rushes and passe 3 times all game!?!?! 3 times, bro!!!!!!! LOL!

American chill thread? I find something new in here everyday.. First time entering this thread just wanted to say Hi

Yeah anything and everything in this thread. Only problem is the fella who opened it is a really huge pain in the ***! J/K of course. He also posts a lot of great pics in the photography thread. Have you seen that one? That's also good, just don't visit if you're hungry!

Yeah anything and everything in this thread. Only problem is the fella who opened it is a really huge pain in the ***! J/K of course. He also posts a lot of great pics in the photography thread. Have you seen that one? That's also good, just don't visit if you're hungry!

His a unique fella tho without joking:partay: but aside from that. I created a new thread but not sure if it is even necessary I am on the edge of getting it deleted because why create when there are so many other threads like that one right? but either way In the beginning I somehow ended up dropping a turkish track in one of the videos that was an honest mistake which I have removed now.. You don't have to come after me:lol: but aisde from the jokes. You don't have to post on it..Just take a look at it and give me feedback on this thread.

Last edited:
Interesting because the mentality hasn't really changed much in 80+ years, considering -- and of course, depending on exactly what years within the 40's all that flying and recording was being done

Yes, I was struck by how other than the quality of the video there wasn't much jumping out saying this is actually an old film.

Well until you go to street level..new street level from 1940's
The "NASS" youtuber seems to be cranking out new remasters every day.
Seems the algorithm does an excellent job generating new frames and removing shakycam but the colorization could use some work.

BTW, what do you make of the PAT's incredible run in their last 8 unbeaten? Did you see that stat for the Bills game? Mac Jones hands if off for something like 43 rushes and passe 3 times all game!?!?! 3 times, bro!!!!!!! LOL!

Yeah I was checking out SI's NFL Standings page a few days ago and saw the Patriots on top and did a WTF???? Also noticed Mahomes has woken up too with 5 in a row after losing like 4 in a row.

Last edited:
1930's NYC

hmm...

"The world’s first electric traffic signal is put into place on the corner of Euclid Avenue and East 105th Street in Cleveland, Ohio, on August 5, 1914.

As Christopher Finch writes in his “Highways to Heaven: The AUTO Biography of America” (1992), the first traffic island was put into use in San Francisco, California in 1907; left-hand drive became standard in American cars in 1908; the first center painted dividing line appeared in 1911, in Michigan; and the first “No Left Turn” sign would debut in Buffalo, New York, in 1916."

Last edited:
Last edited:
American Inventors/Inventions

Invention: Strap-Rolling luggage 1970 (yes, and it would always fall the @#$% over...OMG what an aggravating pain!)
Inventor: Bernard Sadow (a VP at US Trunk Co, Fall River MA)

1*8Oj1Gu4OseSpgFesSMmuYQ.png

5269c5a1265e6e44f5c75d09ebc5a4ed.jpg

close Bernie...but no cigar

Don't worry..a pissed off pilot fixed it...

Invention: Handle-rolling luggage aka Rollaboard (1989)
Inventor: Robert Plath (a Northwest Airlines pilot)

blog_smith-monica-2015-11-24_Robert-Plath-and-Rollaboard-luggage_Google-Images.jpg

Robert Plath

Dude, the entire world applauds you for saving us from from hell of the strap rolling luggage or hand carrying. Pretty much every luggage maker uses your design.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom