What's new

Team USA

1950's. 1952 specifically due to the "Assignment Paris (1952)" movie advertisement.
Hmm..classic drive-up/drive-thru burger joint..we now see the familiar ubiquitous traffic signal lights of today (that makes it a successful 70+ year design) instead of the flip signs seen in the previous posted film from the 1930's

04498be158cd526cdbe9b53bcccfe6f8--downtown-los-angeles-traffic-light.jpg

Earlier old style flip sign and no clearly marked traditional crosswalks or pedestrian walk signals...although I do see a bell mounted to the right of the green signal...hmm

Last edited:
1950's.
Hmm..classic drive-up burger joint..the classic street signal lights seem common instead of the flip signs seen in previous decade films

I have fond memories from my time in California back in 2017. easily my favourite state it has a unique vibe compared to the other states and especially the midwest states were my least favourite while the dialect starts to get heavy around the midsouth

Last edited:
Amazon Grocery CONVERT Big Y @Saugus Plaza Shopping Center

@Gomig-21

Yeah a few years ago there were a handful of these and they would engulf my email. Now there must be thousands, all trying to market projects near you and sell them to you. it's as scary as it is annoying TBH.

@Gomig-21
hmm..3:46...I guess things don't change...they build them today

I'm trying to figure out the reference you're making at that time. Is it the cannon or the garrison colonial home there in Lexington?

BTW, have you been following this incredible sighting of the Stellar's Sea Eagle that has showed up in southern MA on the Taunton river? This is a bird found in the exfrteme remotes of Siberia and Russia LOLOL! What on earth is it doing here is a phenomenal guess that happens to vagrants every 20 years or so. It's truly remarkable.

1640496024376.png

1640496051139.png

1640496073612.png

And of course this has made for a very fun Christmas for all the bird brains out there! loool. Last time anything similar happened was back in the mid-90's when a red-footed falcon showed up in Martha's Vineyard and hung out for a couple of weeks, also bringing out all the birdbrains all the way from Cally. People even came from Japan to see it.

1640496124433.png

I'm trying to figure out the reference you're making at that time. Is it the cannon or the garrison colonial home there in Lexington?

I have a similar hip-roof colonial. Drawback is I can't put heavy solar on it as it is hollow on the underside.

Last edited:
I have a similar hip-roof colonial.

Interesting because we should be building one coming up. A new hip tied into an existing hip. I'll take and post some pics.

Drawback is I can't put heavy solar on it as it is hollow on the underside.

With a relatively simple structural engineering plan, you can easily beef up the rafter framing to allow for solar panels. I always found those calculations to be full of it, more like empty statements with nothing of substantial worth to back them up. Think of all the loads that roof of yours has been taking since it was built with snow etc. Being relatively newer, it's framed a lot better for load bearing than the older roofs, and look how long they've lasted carrying super heavy snow and ice loads.

So it's not the "hollow" factor that dictates its ability to support the panels, it's the size of the rafters used, the length of those rafter runs and the overall method of framing (16" on center and if they used and hurricane ties or other types of hangers etc.) and that "hollow" factor they're talking about is simply reducing the deflection factor, not really the weight distribution. 2 different things they're just not explaining it very well. They don't want their panels to crack lol.

If you're really adamant about having the solar installed (so many people are because of the obvious savings), then I would have an independent structural engineering firm come out and give you a stamped, calculations affidavit for the acceptable weight bearing & deflection that roof is capable of handling as is. And what it would need to make it acceptable which would be as simple as an additional couple of 2x4s every other rafter down to the ceiling joists or something to that effect.

Windows 95 commercial ~August 1995

So i got my first PC sometime in ~1993. I had bought Windows 286 at the local computer store (but never opened it). I'm thinking maybe I held out until Windows 3.0 was bundled with computers. Think it was a 486. I don't think the Pentiums had come out yet.

I can't remember if PC's had become mainstream before Windows 95 or actually because of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom