What's new

TATA Motors presents its new LAMV & WAAP at Defexpo 2014.

both Tata vehicels on display at expo-14 are good i guess if you look into bigger picture govt-private partenership is always good in defence research & development and production (it worked wonders for germans in WW2)
Kalayni

L&T

Mahindra & Mahindra

TATA

are just few examples let it bloom a bit and within 5 years it will get realli very interesting for Indian defence industries and monopally of DRDO/OFB& HAL will be challenged and many cheaper yet very very leathel wepon systems will start to tricklle into indian defence forces

as for TATA well
Tata LMV is better in most respect but as my auto dealer instincts tell me TATA has aone major issue infact two
  • 1. there first attempt is never there last and they always improove after getting feed back from the coustmre after use(sometimes annoyed with little teething problems)

2. they always overprise and get owt mauvered in process
Finally!! :)

But what are our TATA 's defence vehicles in comparison with Chinese???
You know my opinion on TATAs I was always sceptical about their vehicles.
TATA in comparison to Ashok Leyland gives less importance to R&D.
Though I agree TATA is way cheaper than Ashok Leylands.So is that the reason they have been serving Indian army since last 6 decades???

and you forgot to read whole sentence :lol: joke :P
Nooo nooo....I had quoted your last line ONLY. :agree:

Finally!! :)

But what are our TATA 's defence vehicles in comparison with Chinese???
You know my opinion on TATAs I was always sceptical about their vehicles.
TATA in comparison to Ashok Leyland gives less importance to R&D.
Though I agree TATA is way cheaper than Ashok Leylands.So is that the reason they have been serving Indian army since last 6 decades???

Nooo nooo....I had quoted your last line ONLY. :agree:
well chinese products are good looking no dought but cant say anything about there leathallity as chinese tend to boast too much

thing is TATA vehicle in my opinion is way much rugged , relaible and leathel than the chinese counter part as they do there researche very professionally and tend to over do it some times

well chinese products are good looking no dought but cant say anything about there leathallity as chinese tend to boast too much

thing is TATA vehicle in my opinion is way much rugged , relaible and leathel than the chinese counter part as they do there researche very professionally and tend to over do it some times
Sounds good.
But when I tried to search for Chinese LAMVs ...this is what I found.
SPM-2 GAZ-233036 'Tiger' 'Russian high-mobility multipurpose vehicle.This looks sturdier and specifications tell me these are more agile.Mine resistance of course is just a myth whether it is Chinese...American or Indian vehicles.

image.jpg

Sounds good.
But when I tried to search for Chinese LAMVs ...this is what I found.
SPM-2 GAZ-233036 'Tiger' 'Russian high-mobility multipurpose vehicle.This looks sturdier and specifications tell me these are more agile.Mine resistance of course is just a myth whether it is Chinese...American or Indian vehicles.

View attachment 16281
well chuinese things always looks good my cousin imported the best possible spares yet they were realli bad as count survive indian conditions same is the case with there most electronicks or hardware , machine tools

looking good is one thing and relaible isanother

well chuinese things always looks good my cousin imported the best possible spares yet they were realli bad as count survive indian conditions same is the case with there most electronicks or hardware , machine tools

looking good is one thing and relaible isanother
I told you that it was Russian...8-)
Now tell me how good is TATA compared to Russians???

I told you that it was Russian...8-)
Now tell me how good is TATA compared to Russians???
well russians are very different than chinese and since they are mostli researched invery very cold climates hence they are not that durable in hot and humid contition hence they are more maintainence orinted but they are rugged and leathel like no other

as for armoured vehicels well for asian conditions i think americans and germans have got it right

as for TATA vehicels aginst russians well i guess russians are stiill better

as for armoured vehicels well for asian conditions i think americans and germans have got it right
Ohhh no not Americans:fie:

GURU DUTT said:
So what I had concluded is almost right ...isnt it???

Ohhh no not Americans:fie:

So what I had concluded is almost right ...isnt it???
well americans and british and germans are the masters when it comes to realli innovative armour technekes and they have evolved and battle tested it over and over agin for almost 5 decades or more now so cant get better than them period owr kanchan tech has to be tested in real bettle

well your not completeli right but almost there :)

Last edited:
well russians are very different than chinese and since they are mostli researched invery very cold climates hence they are not that durable in hot and humid contition hence they are more maintainence orinted but they are rugged and leathel like no other

Russian tanks gave you alot of trouble in the thar didnt they? id place my bet on the Ukrainians... as climate etc... Dude ever heard of the Gobi desert?

@levina Chinese are also using Mingshi n other Humvee clones?

dongfeng-crazy-soldier_opt.jpg

But arent Humvees also projected as mine resistant???
No they are not at all mine-protected, in fact because of their large wide flat floor they are one of the worst vehicles you would possibly be in. They have been "up-armoured" (to use US MIL lexicon) wrt their bodies and frames but there's little they can do about the basic design that was never meant to be mine-resistent, that, along with other reasons, is why the US Mil is looking to replace the HUMVEE (see JLTV).

Russian tanks gave you alot of trouble in the thar didnt they? id place my bet on the Ukrainians... as climate etc... Dude ever heard of the Gobi desert?

@levina Chinese are also using Mingshi n other Humvee clones?

View attachment 16284
Gotta love it- the Chinese have no shame!

Convoy_400x.jpg

Not saying this is a bad thing- they get what they want.

Back
Top Bottom