What's new

TATA Motors presents its new LAMV & WAAP at Defexpo 2014.

No they are NOT and NEVER were intend to be. Now that MRAPs are in widespread use by ISAF forces, fatalities caused by IEDs whilst in vehicles is practically nought. Most of the IED casualties are inflicted on dismounted grunts.

well your not completeli right but almost there :)
Thats your ego speaking:smokin:
Different level of protection. An anti material rifle is a gun, and an ak-47 is also a gun, but both don't have the same capabilities.
Gotcha!!:tup:
Russian tanks gave you alot of trouble in the thar didnt they? id place my bet on the Ukrainians... as climate etc... Dude ever heard of the Gobi desert
Ukrainians???
Tell me in more detail...

DESERT FIGHTER said:
@levina Chinese are also using Mingshi n other Humvee clones?

View attachment 16284
Why cant I find mingshi on google???

No they are NOT and NEVER were intend to be. Now that MRAPs are in widespread use by ISAF forces, fatalities caused by IEDs whilst in vehicles is practically nought. Most of the IED casualties are inflicted on dismounted grunts.
Yes MRAPs have been able to reduce IED casualities by 30% since their introduction.And also they are called the most important acquisitions after WWII
But ...the heavily-protected vehicles were no more effective at reducing casualties than the medium armored vehicles.” And the MRAPs are “three times as expensive as medium protected vehicles.”
It weighs 40000 pounds each in the larger category so putting them in a helicopter or aboard ship is a difficult task.Now TATAs LAMV definitely rings a toc sin's ding inside my head.
I am so sure that the light vehicle is definitely not well prepared for a mine that hits it in front under the engine.

TATAs LAMV definitely rings a toc sin's ding inside my head.
I am so sure that the light vehicle is definitely not well prepared for a mine that hits it in front under the engine.
Well it's going to be a damn sight better than what's in service now- lightly armoured (if at all) Mahindra Rakshaks and Gypsies.

Ukrainians???
Tell me in more detail..

All our front line MBTs are using Ukranian powerplants and are praised by Pak Army for their performance in Cholistan desert.. etc.. while Russian engines caused issues for IA in Thar.. although im sure they probably dealt with the issue... but it was there..!

Why cant I find mingshi on google???

Google :
DF EQ2050,
SAC SFQ2040 ,

Xiaolong XL2060

Armoured version of EQ 2050:

dongfeng-eq2050-armored-china-1-458x323.jpg

All our front line MBTs are using Ukranian powerplants and are praised by Pak Army for their performance in Cholistan desert.. etc.. while Russian engines caused issues for IA in Thar.. although im sure they probably dealt with the issue... but it was there..!

Google :
DF EQ2050,
SAC SFQ2040 ,

Xiaolong XL2060

Armoured version of EQ 2050:

View attachment 16317
my brother is back :bunny: missed you :cray: why you had been banned ?:jester:

replying to trolls in a bangladeshi political thread.. :D
your very old post just after joining PDF

I dont want to offend any member.But i have a wish like most of 170 million Pakistanis to unite with Bengladesh.Cant it happen?
In england it happened,Germany it happened and there are lots of other examples why not here?
But i think the main reasons that need to be adressed and there solutions:
1)Pm or president should be from bengladesh state?
2 capitals Islamabad and Dhaka
2)east pakistani pm or president should stay in islamabad and west should stay in dhaka
3)Army of east pakistan should not be disbanded but uniform of all army from east and west should be changed to a new patern
4)Autonomy given to bengladesh
5)BAF should be upgraded and modernised with JF17s with latest wetern upgrades and new jets like FC-20 should be stationed in bengladesh under PAF wing of bengladesh
6)Alkhalid,saad,Ifvs and others should be given to BA to modernise it(Under supervision of COAS of PAK ARMY who should be from bengladesh or pakistan and should be chosen by entire army.
7)Upgrade of navy....we would have more ports and more ships...
8)New ordinance factories in east pakistan.....both heavy and light
9)PAC and Kamra should open new complexes in dhaka or chitagong
10)Everything should be shared with every state on population and other bases.
11)Begladesh should keep its flag if it want(as a state flag) just like in usa or england states have there own flags.
12)Let by gone be by gones respect should be given to every soldier who sacrificed his life on both side may he be from bengal or pakistan.
Can it work?

remember this brother ? :sarcastic:

source: Pakistan - Bangladesh reunion

:lol:

Care to refresh my memory? I can remember there being issues with some electronics on the Russkie tanks overheating (which has now been addressed) but cannot remember the engine issues. No matter, the Arjun is the future of the IA (mk2 and beyond) with its German (and in the future Indian) engine. Without sounding too fan boyish- the Israelis gave it the title "Desert Ferrari"

Care to refresh my memory? I can remember there being issues with some electronics on the Russkie tanks overheating (which has now been addressed) but cannot remember the engine issues. No matter, the Arjun is the future of the IA (mk2 and beyond) with its German (and in the future Indian) engine. Without sounding too fan boyish- the Israelis gave it the title "Desert Ferrari"

Care to open your eyes aka buttons too read what i posted?

Are you telling me tht indian army didnt face issues with russian tanks ??
I've told you they did, with the electronics for sure but I'm not 100% clued up on the engine issues, I've simply asked you to verify your claims with a source and you are, what, attacking me?

Back
Top Bottom