What's new

TATA Motors presents its new LAMV & WAAP at Defexpo 2014.

Help with what? I know a bit about planes and ships, but very little about terrestrial vehicles.
Well I wanted somebody to compare Indian Army's LAMV with Chinese (i suppose they use SPM-2 GAZ-233036 'Tiger' which is Russian)

Actually, I didn't know that. I thought you might not have revealed anything about your professional life here too.:-)
I was fooled by dillinger to give away my details in the beginning.:tsk:

Fujairah ?? Ajman ??:what:

I saw people driving Safari in RAK :partay:
How can you forget Abudhabi???:P You can go off roads in Dubai too.

Well I wanted somebody to compare Indian Army's LAMV with Chinese (i suppose they use SPM-2 GAZ-233036 'Tiger' which is Russian)

I was fooled by dillinger to give away my details in the beginning.:tsk:

How can you forget Abudhabi???:P You can go off roads in Dubai too.

Happy to help in future, but right now, I'm travelling until the 21st or so; stressful, work-packed trip. Do bear with me.

TATA Motors Kestrel at Defexpo 2014
At DefExpo 2014, the Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition in New Delhi, the Indian Defense Company TATA Motors unveils its new local-made 8x8 amphibious armoured vehicle platform, the "Kestrel". The KESTREL is a Wheeled Armored Amphibious Platform, designed and developed indigenously with DRDO, for optimised survivability, all-terrain performance and increased lethality.
Kestrel_8x8_amphibious_armoured_vehicle_platform_TATA_Motors_India_Indian_defense_industry_Defexpo_2014_001.jpg

TATA Motors Kestrel 8x8 amphibious armoured vehicle platform at Defexpo 2014.
The Kestrel is a modular vehicle with interchangeable snap-in modules, leading to easy customization and self-reliance in achieving its roles. The major features of the vehicle include Optimized Survivability, all terrain performance and increased lethality.

Kestrel 8x8 under chassis driveline with double wish bone type independent hydro pneumatic suspension provides all terrain mobility, ensuring comfort and safety for the crew. With the front two axles steerable it gives an excellent turning circle radius of 19 m. enabling better maneuverability. The tyres have run flat capability with CTIS as a standard feature.

Kestrel's ballistic protection is modular to take care of threat levels, ranging from Stanag I to Stanag IV depending on the application. The Monocoque comprises of welded armour steel hull with applique and inner composite spall liner. The protection modules can be replaced in a short time frame to increase or decrease the protection level. The bottom of the hull is guarded by blast protection up to Stanag III Level. The energy attenuating seats for all occupants provides additional survivability.

Unlike many wheeled combat vehicles the Kestrel is fully amphibious and is propelled by a rear mounted water jet. Vehicle does not require any preparation before entering into water.

Despite being well protected, the Kestrel is capable of carrying a 30mm RWS with 2 x fire and forget missiles or with the turret-mounted cannon and missiles. In addition, the Kestrel will house one 7.62 mm co-axial MMG and an Automatic Grenade Launcher.

Kestrel_8x8_amphibious_armoured_vehicle_platform_TATA_Motors_India_Indian_defense_industry_Defexpo_2014_002.jpg
this one impressive, as an amphibious vehicle, it has very good protection level, BD should check this out

You know what? we are gonna send the TATA LAMVs to BD and sell them at double the cost:devil:.With whatever money we earn we'll buy something Russian/French/German.:agree:
we have no interest in TATA LAMV :drag: we have better one- otokar cobra 2 :big_boss:
Cobra_II_4x4_wheeled_tactical_armoured_vehicle_Otokar_Turkey_Turkish_defence_industry_military_technology_001.jpg

both Tata vehicels on display at expo-14 are good i guess if you look into bigger picture govt-private partenership is always good in defence research & development and production (it worked wonders for germans in WW2)
Kalayni

L&T

Mahindra & Mahindra

TATA

are just few examples let it bloom a bit and within 5 years it will get realli very interesting for Indian defence industries and monopally of DRDO/OFB& HAL will be challenged and many cheaper yet very very leathel wepon systems will start to tricklle into indian defence forces

as for TATA well
Tata LMV is better in most respect but as my auto dealer instincts tell me TATA has aone major issue infact two
  • 1. there first attempt is never there last and they always improove after getting feed back from the coustmre after use(sometimes annoyed with little teething problems)

2. they always overprise and get owt mauvered in process

Back
Top Bottom