What's new

Tata Deal With Lockheed Martin effect on PAF F16 fleet

GaN for F16 is already developed and USA is light years ahead of swedes in weapons tech and hardware manufacturing capabity and industrial output and of course polictial clout so India will always preffer USA product over swedish product given a chance when american product is on shelf price cheaper than swedish price more so say what you want but indian MOD will never ever buy grippen E/NG or any major aircraft form SAAB make no mistake about that ..... period

Show some sources on GaN for F-16, not just hot air.
The U.S. has fixed GaN radar or mounted on vehicles (G/ATOR), thats about it.
Most of the GaN radar projects are only in a development phase.

Meanwhile EW and other things in Gripen E are based on GaN where SAAB is the leader.

The US buys Swedish Weapons...
Would not do that if they had that technology.
The Meteor, codeveloped by Sweden is way superior to the US AMRAAM...
The competence of SAAB made Boeing parter with them for T-X...

Rest of the post is just more hot air.
It is easily shown that the cost of ownership is lower for Gripen.
Bottom Line: India has never bought a U.S. fighter.

Show some sources on GaN for F-16, not just hot air.
The U.S. has fixed GaN radar or mounted on vehicles (G/ATOR), thats about it.
Most of the GaN radar projects are only in a development phase.

Meanwhile EW and other things in Gripen E are based on GaN where SAAB is the leader.

The US buys Swedish Weapons...
Would not do that if they had that technology.
The Meteor, codeveloped by Sweden is way superior to the US AMRAAM...
The competence of SAAB made Boeing parter with them for T-X...

Rest of the post is just more hot air.
It is easily shown that the cost of ownership is lower for Gripen.
Bottom Line: India has never bought a U.S. fighter.
well keep dreaming ad keep matsurbating but make no mistake about it as far as i know niether IAF nor MOD are in view of buying anything major from SAAB not now not in future period :coffee:

well keep dreaming ad keep matsurbating but make no mistake about it as far as i know niether IAF nor MOD are in view of buying anything major from SAAB not now not in future period :coffee:

Since You appear to know very little, that does not contribute to the discussion.
If the IAF and MOD base their decisions on your type of facts,
they will probably end up in buying this:

High-Quality-12-Flying-Glider-Planes-font-b-Aeroplane-b-font-Party-Bag-Fillers-Childrens-Kids.jpg

Since You appear to know very little, that does not contribute to the discussion.
If the IAF and MOD base their decisions on your type of facts,
they will probably end up in buying this:

High-Quality-12-Flying-Glider-Planes-font-b-Aeroplane-b-font-Party-Bag-Fillers-Childrens-Kids.jpg
trust me i do not need to correct my facts from you or any from PDF and specially those from pakistan or seweden as for that matter :sarcastic:
burn.jpg

F-16 Fighting Falcon News
Lockheed Martin signs pact with Tata to build F-16 block 70s in India

June 20, 2017 (by Lieven Dewitte) - Lockheed Martin and India's Tata Group formalized an agreement to relocate the manufacturing of the most advanced F-16s to India. The effort is aimed at securing a multi-billion dollar deal from Delhi.

The announcement comes days ahead of Indian PM Narendra Modi's visit to Washington for a meeting with President Trump.

The F-16 Block 70 is the next production version of the fighter jet and would be the only F-16 version in production. As such, India would become the future home of F-16 production worldwide.

The arrangement may still take years to bear fruit as Lockheed and Tata first need to win a formal bidding process to begin co-manufacturing.

India needs to replace over 200 aged MiGs that are already pushing the expiry date. It tries to ease its traditional reliance on Russia by diversifying its buying options. India already bought French Rafales off the shelf in 2016 but now the F-16s are said to be up against competition from Sweden's Saab group and its Gripen jets.

The deal is subject to the condition that the F-16 Block 70 fighter jet emerges as the winner of an Indian Air Force competition to procure more than 100 single-engine fighters.

Lockheed Martin will move its only operational line producing the F-16s from Texas to India if it wins the contract. The F-16 production in India will support thousands of jobs in the US, said a joint statement issued from Paris, apparently to counter expected criticism that the deal would fall foul of Mr Trump's "America First" policy.

Besides providing full service support for the F-16, the agreement will enable the Indian company to offer all future upgrades for the aircraft on its own, they said.

Some critics in India wonder if the agreement with Tata is an effort by Lockheed to offload old technology in India. The F-16 was developed in the '70s and the US Air Force is phasing them out in favor of the more advanced F-35s. However the F-16 currently remains the backbone of the US Air Force's front line air fleet and they also recently announced plans to extend the structural service life of up to 841 of its F-16s.

A more valid point critics have is that it could take years for any F-16 to get off the assembly lines in India, assuming Lockheed-Tata win the tender and get on with the job of setting up manufacturing units.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article5075.html

trust me i do not need to correct my facts from you or any from PDF and specially those from pakistan or seweden as for that matter :sarcastic:
View attachment 407574

Assume that You are right, and the whole competition is a con to reduce the price on the F-16,
and You have inside information.
Does that not mean that You are a traitor?

01010801020101030920070921aeb8d6935.jpg

Assume that You are right, and the whole competition is a con to reduce the price on the F-16,
and You have inside information.
Does that not mean that You are a traitor?

01010801020101030920070921aeb8d6935.jpg
well when and where did i said that i had so called "inside information."
fuckups.jpg

well when and where did i said that i had so called "inside information."
View attachment 407577
You said that you have information from both IAF and MOD,
but don't worry, since the rest of your comments show
lack of knowledge, the assumption was only a theoretical exercise.
I will just put You on ignore, to avoid the BS.

You said that you have information from both IAF and MOD,
but don't worry, since the rest of your comments show
lack of knowledge, the assumption was only a theoretical exercise.
I will just put You on ignore, to avoid the BS.
ya ya sure do that ASAP :tup:

Technically its good news for Pakistan, if India selects F-16's than PAF will be forced to chose a 5th Generation or an 4++ Gen Fighter for its fleet ..
I doubt that production will start by 2021 but it might delay as 2024-5 , and by than PAF will be retiring their old block F-shola , and inducting either J-31 , Typhoon , Su-35 or any J-series from China .. India getting F-16 with production line means billion of dollars will be given to US/LM and this will end or at least delay the plans for PAKFA from Russia that might make Russians to offer us Su-35's but its a big IF ..
so and If Paf goes for J-31 and wait for TF-X till 2030 .. than we are good to tackle any IAF fleet that include Rafale , F-16 , Su-30 as front line fighters ..
I am sorry but 5th generation fighter aircraft are not becoming mainstream anytime soon across the world.

J-31 is far from finalization at the moment and I don't see the prospects of its induction until 2030. And even at low price - it is an expensive bird. By that time, PAK-FA might also be ready for induction.

Another thing is that the F-16 aircraft being offered to India is state-of-the-art by all accounts - prepared for modern-era challenges.

PAF is not retiring F-16 anytime soon. We didn't spend a huge sum of money on MLU for all F-16 (Block 15) aircraft in PAF for nothing.

All of a sudden so many Indian members are praising and giving encouraging statement about f-16 70 block or not but it's very rear that members who been on this forum never acknowledges the capabilities of f16 against any other fighter specially in IAF
@gurudt you wrote in one of your post about f16 stationed almost a decade in India by Singapore airforce any specific reason did you guys loaned them one of your base or they also have a beef with Pakistan :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom