What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
India knows A to Z capacity of Flanker platform.
We know its strong points and also the weakness.
Let yhem one squadron we are so eager to see howthey can handle such a maintenance expensive fighter.
We know A to Z about su30 MKI and up to some extent on Chinese su30 but not on the su 35,we are almost completely blind on su 35,even its RCS, AL 41's heat signature,ecms etc.

ONLY ONE QUESTION WILL PAKISTAN GETS HER HAND ON SU35 BEFORE CHINA. WHO WILL WIN THIS RACE.

Nothing miraculous. It was supposed to happen as india would not allow Russia to sell su 35 so easily. We would use all our means to stop such a deal as su 35 is the best flanker . I suppose this is the way any country treats its enemy:toast_sign:

It is no secret that Russian aircraft take a heavy toll on life cycle budget. For this reason alone PAF is likely not to go Sukhoi path. However Rafale is no way a cheaper aircraft to fly. It is one of the most expensive modern jets to operate. Just have a look.

View attachment 255679

PAF being on a smaller budget thus prefers jets like F-16. Question here is not whether we are getting Su-35 or not, it is of degree of progress that has been made in Pak-Russia defense relations. In my view Su-35 will not make it to Pakistan but there are other things which can. Like ground to air missiles. That is a good sign for Pakistan.

No doubt, the PAF is looking for a sophisticated kind of platform which would be able to thwart and nullify Indian acquisitions. Namely, a fighter that would be able to attack on multiple fronts against multiple threats. The Indian acquisitions speak for themselves. It is not an easy task under the current circumstances. Without a shred of a doubt, a couple of Su-35 squadrons are the safest bet and I'm not remotely surprised that the decision-makers are pressing hard for this deal to happen. The specs of this beast are indisputable and speak volume. We have to keep in mind that Western fighters are out of the equation. The Americans won't provide anything above F-16. Even if they did, the cost is always a major issue. In other words, a balance has to be struck between cost and performance. That leaves Russia and China. China cannot provide anything in the league of Su-35. At least in the short term. In the first place, China has its own requirements to look after. I think that PAF has also come to the firm conclusion that diversification is the way forward. China is a very reliable ally and has always fulfilled Pakistan's fighter requirements. The JF-17 is a great fighter and a workhorse of PAF. The JF-17 will be inducted in bulk. However, a long range fighter with a powerful radar and a lethal weapons package is something that only Russia can deliver. That too at a favourable cost. People keep referring to the J-11, but this platform isn't for sale. Not to mention the copyright disputes and other issues. It's a non-starter for PAF. The specific role of the Su-35 would be to form an elite squadron which can provide extra punch against the more potent IAF fighters. It will serve the role of a force multiplier along with F-16s. Only this beast is able to provide the extra naval punch due to its extreme long endurance. This is very important keeping in view the developments at Gwadar and elsewhere. The Su-35 is the kind of platform the PAF would love to have in its arsenal. This platform truly fulfils every requirement in the short and long-term. It's more than just a stopgap measure. It's a mainstay. The Su-35 isn't some luxury, but a necessity. As the Indians keep beefing their fighter acquisitions from various sources, the PAF cannot remain idle. It requires premium quality and superior performance. It needs to act and that too very decisively. Just a couple of Su-35 squadrons along with F-16 and JF-17 in greater numbers would certainly make the required impact. We need to reap the benefits of the improving relations with Russia. Not so long ago, it was even unthinkable to opt for Russian transport helicopters. Today, we are negotiating a deal for the most premium Russian fighter...

Last edited:
Reports are coming in for deal for 75 fighter jets of Sukhoi-35 , bit bigger order then expected

app ka mun me ghi shakar although I think it will not be more than 2 sqdrns (naval use ~24 in numbers) .... any additional numbers depends on the usage of pure air superiority purpose but that seems difficult ... I am no expert but that is what I understand from this forum seniors post whose post I have seen to actually matter ... not the trolling fools

Last edited:

Attachments

• pak.jpg
    pak.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 32
It's now been roughly 2 days and still I haven't read any clear denial on this by either Russia or Pakistan, despite the fact that this news is now being quoted at several news outlets.

If there's no truth in this, either Pakistan or Russia should outrightly and clearly deny this. This would save a lot of headache on the Indian side :p: and a lot of expectation on the Pakistani side :(.

But if (and that's a big, big IF since I'm already a pessimist on this to begin with) this news is legit and the Deputy Russian FM really meant what he said about the delivery schedule of SU-35 to Pakistan, what would be the likely delivery timeframe from here on out (from a professional's perspective ofcourse)?

Last edited:
15 Bell donations from USA , 10 WZ-10 donations from China , I bet Russians would not be donating you anything so save your breath and keep on dreaming.
Its not donation, we provided services in terms WOT and logistic support by giving US access to arabian sea. Its like saying, US customers donates pennies per hour to Indian tech support...
Anyways, what ever way Pak gets these choppers, at the end of the day PA will have choppers to fight India while India cries about it.

Please?? Why are you here?? 10k + posts and you still post utter rubbish like this and troll threads with 1.3 billion blah blah and accomplishment nonsense? Stop derailing the thread and get a life please.
India knows A to Z capacity of Flanker platform.
We know its strong points and also the weakness.
Let yhem one squadron we are so eager to see howthey can handle such a maintenance expensive fighter.
THe only thing India has learned is to crash Flanker platform and giving it bad name in Flanker world.
Su-35 is nothing like MKI which has western equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom