What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
In view of sale and purchase formula it's workable that anyone could by but my opinion is that why always believe to go for purchase well on other hand PAK has learned a lot of JFT programme so PAK should go for a deal where PAK can also participate as a manufacturer so that would help to avoid sitting duck situation if any so should go for a deal with ToT which helps building a wider, brighter and earning future.

The problem is Russia has a habit of leaving things in a lurch. There have been many instances even though they have not embargoed nations. Iran comes to mind. That and the situation regarxing a steady supply od sparws maybe two issues that might need to be resolved.
A
Pakistan & Iran are 2 different ball games ?
Not only whole of EU+NATO+ISRAEL+ even the so called powerfull Arabian states were against any sale of any weapons to Iran , by Russia ?
Russia needs a long working Islamic partner , who is been accepted by most of the major players in the world ?
Eu +Israel +Arabs +USA none has any problem to any sale of any kind of conventional weapons to Pakistan.
I think , we need to be a bit more pasamistic at this point , & shouldnt start passing judgements on the issue ?
Russia knows well , just standing with sirya & Iran won't help them to be the key player in the region ?
They are willing for a bigger role , which can be seen as equaliant to. USA ?
That's why even with huge hue & cries from India , they are moving ahead with further more military cooperation with Pakistan .

I don't think Russia is going to dump India. In modern age of sales everyone sells to everyone. US is selling to India and Pakistan why cant Russia do the same.I fully agree with you on the policy of non alliance in a world of polarization. However one needs to have mature and articulate politicians for that and you don't have them. I do however think regional interests will drive Pakistan closer to Russia albeit slowly and this would be good for Pakistan as a bit of direct interaction taking out middlemen would save us a few bucks.
A
Who is the middle man you think ?

Oo yeah i read that,, i wrote "Couple of years" and that was wrong, it is wrong
C:\Users\ARSALA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

I feel it will take some 5 to 7 years to get this flying in PAF. The Chinese are working on the plane, once they have made it capable enough and mature enough PAF (if interested to buy which it seems they will be) will also be giving some technical inputs and then some modifications/up gradations as per our requirement. Only after that we may see J-31 in PAF.

Till that time, i feel that it will be the F-16 (as PAF have shown again that they still totally believe in this plane and are always ready to buy a few more) and JF-17 future blocks. Ideally i will like, in fact love to see some of the underdevelopment systems of J31 being incorporated into future JF17 blocks in this time. This will deliver a much more potent 4.5 generation fighter an thus we can afford to wait for these 5 to 7 years for a proper 5th generation. Not only that but it will surely take JF-17 to a next level. Things like RAM coating, better AESA radar, IRST and avionics. Yes i understand that will make the plane expensive but remember that these we will be inducting as a 4.5+ generation platform and not the 4th generation we are producing currently AND will actually practically help us keep our air force on par for the time till be start getting fifth generation plane.
SU-35 is a 4.5++ generation by the time j-31 gets its ride in the war skies to get mature experiences till then SU-35 could be a force rocking the skies ?
With a new war mongering + violent India trying its best to lock its horns with Pakistan , we need a mid term solution , which can be further advanced / upgraded to 5th generation level ?
So it will remain with us for a long long time to come specially after its future advanced generation & our dear enemy getting PAKFA ?
In that category SU-35 is only left solution available for Pakistan , F-16 with all of its modernization still can't cover huge radius of India nor it can defend our seas ?
JF-17 is a progressing plan , but again it is still far from being a strike force ?
All we need a strike force which can operate deep into enemys lands .
So , after the stament by the DFM of Russia for Su-35 expected sale to Pakistan , we can plan for a small strike air force , of SU-35 s in PAF to jump into action , & strike deep .
Its not the new wonder of the dam world , if Russia sale it to us .

We shall have to see ... but I also have a strong feeling like Arsalan that we won't see these birds in our colors . Hence, more vipers , thunders and J-31 in coming years yes but that's it.

I myself think, we will not see su35 in our airforce. We will continue to purchase second hand f16 and upgrading them. And waiting for true chinease fifth generation fighter aircraft. That seems logical from pakistani, russian and indian perspective

SU-35 is a 4.5++ generation by the time j-31 gets its ride in the war skies to get mature experiences till then SU-35 could be a force rocking the skies ?
With a new war mongering + violent India trying its best to lock its horns with Pakistan , we need a mid term solution , which can be further advanced / upgraded to 5th generation level ?
So it will remain with us for a long long time to come specially after its future advanced generation & our dear enemy getting PAKFA ?
In that category SU-35 is only left solution available for Pakistan , F-16 with all of its modernization still can't cover huge radius of India nor it can defend our seas ?
JF-17 is a progressing plan , but again it is still far from being a strike force ?
All we need a strike force which can operate deep into enemys lands .
So , after the stament by the DFM of Russia for Su-35 expected sale to Pakistan , we can plan for a small strike air force , of SU-35 s in PAF to jump into action , & strike deep .
Its not the new wonder of the dam world , if Russia sale it to us .

I agree with the idea of 4.5+ fighter and its need to keep PAF competitive till we start getting fifth generations but presented an alternate path to that and personally i feel that will be more attractive one because financial aspects, because it will be helping a home grown fighter jet get to a new level, because of platform similarity between the existing fleet of 4th generation and that 4.5+ after component integration, because the we do not have experience with Russian fighters in the past and will need a whole new setup for maintenance and stuff to name a few important reasons.
Also it is known that there have been some strange issue with PAF and twin engine planes for a few decades now.
All this said, inducting a new platform in very low number of 36 or even 48 wont make much sense when you need to setup a whole new facility for maintenance, train a bunch of guys to these operation, COULD have used some equipment from a plane that you are looking to buy in future (J31) and try integrate it in a plane you are operating now and are looking to make it back bone of your force (JF-17)

There is absolutely no doubt at that that Su-35 will offer certain benefits that JF-17 cannot even think off like longer range, much better strike configuration, pay-load and muscle if you may call it, Still, the point is is it or will it be worth THE HUGE costs involved.

Anyway, the talks of Su-35 remain merely rumors for now, lets see what comes of it. Once there are some official signs or confirmation we will surely discuss this further.

Well I hate to spoil the party but the Su-35 for Pak is not happening, with Modi going to Russia in Dec and plenty of goodies being bought, any potential deal if ever existed will not go through.

What aircraft is this??I mean it looks like a F-15 of the RoK A.F. but i doubt that this gif is real because afaik,F-15 Silent Eagle is still a concept and this looks like a Silent Eagle version with pylons inside the aircraft!!

F-15 Silent Eagle (USA - BOEING).

Nothing compare to SU-35 , its just Americans has more hold on international media , they makeup their products looks better then rest of others ?
F-15 are way old plateforms , just updated avionics which can work great with the USAF huge advanced force ?
But if taken out from that calculation , can't stand alone against sukhoiS 4th & 4.5++ generation .

Nothing compare to SU-35 , its just Americans has more hold on international media , they makeup their products looks better then rest of others ?
F-15 are way old plateforms , just updated avionics which can work great with the USAF huge advanced force ?
But if taken out from that calculation , can't stand alone against sukhoiS 4th & 4.5++ generation .

Hi,

I would differ from your analysis---. The current Silent eagle is a totally different aircraft than what the original F15 was----. New and upgraded frames---flybywire----all the upto date gadgets and electronics---pods to carry missiles----or mounted in a conventional manner----in performance the closest that you could get to an F35.

Just remember---with the americans---you are not just fighting an aircraft----but a whole group of supporting element.

There is a reason that the Israelis are placing an order of the F15 Silent Eagle.

This Baby is enough to even counter alone against 2 of those SU-35 ! Just get those Block 50/52 Variant.

Even USA is still using them ! Did you ever ask yourself why ?

f-16_block52_ferry_5.jpg

Su35 will be bought by China UAE and Indonesia
guess it is also good time Pakistan to try it out to buy

Usman sabbir of Pak def about SU-35 sells to Pakistan
I do not believe Russians are serious in selling SU-35 to Pakistan. You have to remember that for Russians, the Indian’s are a big cash cow that they absolutely don’t want to lose. All these leaked news of arms sales to Pakistan is to force Indian’s hand into committing to different purchases that they had been having second thoughts about. Russians understand Indian psychology and know which buttons to push & have done this in the past as well, for example allowing PAF to fly SU-27 in Poland, forcing Indian’s to commit to Su-30 in a haste.

H. Khan about SU-35
My take is that interest in Su-35 Pak is try to get some type of leeway to buy J-11D or J-16 since these two are two seaters and PN might need something to fly over the seas single seat J-15. But again looking at the paradigm shift in the Geo-strategic alignment in the world specially in Central Asian Republics, Middle East and SCO, the American are getting a little worried and it would be safe to say being marginalized. If the US gets a beating by default Bharat will get also.

Now the Russian might just keep playing that game of luring Pakistan with some economic and defense offers. This news of Pak And Russia is not a publicity stunt but some which seriously happened.

Personally I wouldn't mind have around 30 J-11D/J-15/J-16 with PAF. J-15 and J-16 would be better since they have their air frames have been strengthened with anti-corrosion material and newer engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom