What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be kinda weird to buy the Su-35 when Indian has hundreds Su-30MKI. which is basically the same in performance to the Su-35

the J-16 would make more sense since it comes with Chinese avionics and weapons that India does not posses, and so would have no experience with their capabilities.

F-16,JF-17, and a few dozen or more J-16 would be a powerful trio.

A9nkpkc.jpg
Sukhois are notorious for being expensive to maintain, and Russia charges an arm and leg for parts to fix'em. maybe that's why India was looking towards to Western jets.

but yeah Pakistan needs a heavy fighter with long range.

think there is thread about the Xiang JH-7B that would give Pakistan that capability.

1858C7FD1.jpg

There are a few factors we should be considering here ...

-The Chinese flankers according to the rumor mill are not for export because of the issues of intellectual property rights ... while Russia can live with the Chinese taking their basic designs of the flankers and getting them upgraded by using Chinese systems to get J-11/15/16etc. .... they cannot simply afford to loose market to Chinese flankers ... So I guess thats why we cannot get hands on the Chinese flankers even though they might be much more preferable if there were no such factors at play ...

-Coming to the point of JH-7 .. It is a very good strike platform with 8+ tonnes payload capability .. however the problem is with the protection of EEZ and the CPEC ... what Pakistan needs is to have deterrence ... the IN carriers deploy the Mig-29 K ... the latest version of the Mig-29 series .. and not to mention ... the SU-30's can actually support IN owing to their long range ... So to deter such odds we would need JFT's in numbers to support the JH-7's as it is not as capable an air to air fighter ...
Instead of going that route, getting in 1 squadron of SU-35 and 1 of JFT as a naval air arm would be more then enough to deter any kind of threat ... Not only that, but we get a major diplomatic breakthrough if the deal gets through ... we can then negotiate for other weapon systems such as the S-300 etc adding more teeth to our defense capabilities..

-Lastly, provided the deal goes through ... the most likely chance is of heavy input in the avionics/radars/weapons from the Chinese side which may lead the fighter jet to become another beast altogether, just like how the SU-30K for export differs from the SU-30 MKI/MKK or the MKM... so the most likely chance (again, provided the deal goes through) is that the flanker up for export which is purely Russian wouldn't be the one we end up getting ...

@mods please let Mr that guy become the UN secretary general ?lolzz
Sure , I'm wrong & the forum is wrong & the whole world is wrong ?lolzz
Right Mr always right ?

& who believed wikipedia ?lolzz
You can tailored it anytime u want ?right ?
Man IAF will.be in shatters once SU-35s starts flying in Pakistani skies ?
Just accept it ?lolzzz
in short : first buy su-35s then boast about shattering IAF :cheers:

na soot na kapaas aur julahhe lathhamm lathhaa ... "lolzzzz" :haha:

Endure! Endure as much as you can LMAO there is so much more that you are going to have to endure. This is only beginning...
Do you have any idea how many threads are (were) running on the same topic?

thanks for your kind remarks. I have better idea to get these 70to 80jets with out paying money to russia. we can offer them to use our ports for 10 years in exchange we need these weapons. after all they have to pay us transit money if they use our roads. we can use trasit fee as a visa card for weapons as these jets will be there in pakistan to provide safty to their trade....

in short : first buy su-35s then boast about shattering IAF :cheers:

na soot na kapaas aur julahhe lathhamm lathhaa ... "lolzzzz" :haha:

Although I would identify as a skeptic of the SU-35 deal, but Guru Jii your trying way too hard to convince noone but yourself that PAF wont get SU-35 ... the fact speaks for itself when you look at your contribution to the SU35 threads which 'just happens' to more then most Pakistani posters put together ... and is composed of the very same points expressed time and again ..

But then again your advice is kind of ironic ... coming from someone whose nation's fanboys react the exact same way when it comes to deals such as the MMRCA or PAK-FA or projects such as AMCA or LCA Tejas ... :cheesy:

I don't think so. These models only share their designs with Russian counterparts.
Pakistan is already using Chinese version of Russian jet. i.e. F-7.

Limited number of MiG-21Fs were provided by the Soviet Union to PRC and the assistance was stopped after the ideological split in communism between China and the Soviet Union. China developed F-7 from it. That was a fighter of a different era and different political dynamics were prevalent.

The Chinese Flankers (so called clones) are actually based on current Russian design and most of them have now been flying with Chinese engines. These are potentially a threat to Russian Flanker export market and China does not want to further aggravate this issue of cloning Russian technology by encroaching on the Russian version's sales prospects as well. So there is a tacit agreement.

That is why these talks are going on. Pakistan and China honoring Russian Technology rights. Even if they fail, PAF will be pursuing the heavies (IMHO) and if push comes to shove will purchase a Chinese Flanker (which already have AESA) ... as it won't be spoiling a Russian deal as the Russians in that case would have already denied the sale to Pakistan. It is a very good win-win situation for the PAF.

Although I would identify as a skeptic of the SU-35 deal, but Guru Jii your trying way too hard to convince noone but yourself that PAF wont get SU-35 ... the fact speaks for itself when you look at your contribution to the SU35 threads which 'just happens' to more then most Pakistani posters put together ... and is composed of the very same points expressed time and again ..

But then again your advice is kind of ironic ... coming from someone whose nation's fanboys react the exact same way when it comes to deals such as the MMRCA or PAK-FA or projects such as AMCA or LCA Tejas ... :cheesy:
read again did u ever saw me saying russia wont sell pakistan su-35 :azn:

i said first buy it then make fun of weather india is shatterred or not .... dont count your chickens till they have hatched..."lolzzz" :haha:

Keep these threads coming. We need as much news and updates as possible. The Su-35s are absolute beauties and a couple of squadrons will give us what we really need.

thanks for your kind remarks. I have better idea to get these 70to 80jets with out paying money to russia. we can offer them to use our ports for 10 years in exchange we need these weapons. after all they have to pay us transit money if they use our roads. we can use trasit fee as a visa card for weapons as these jets will be there in pakistan to provide safty to their trade....

But Sir, in CPEC, we have already given the port to China??!!

But Sir, in CPEC, we have already given the port to China??!!
I am not saying give them. I said let them use and we did not give our roads to anyone. they have to drive their trucks on those pakistani roads. so we have lost of options.we just need smart mind in islambad office

read again did u ever saw me saying russia wont sell pakistan su-35 :azn:

i said first buy it then make fun of weather india is shatterred or not .... dont count your chickens till they have hatched..."lolzzz" :haha:

You kind of did actually ...:what:

now thats interesting but tell me dear sir do you realli think russia will risk its future protects with india to sell a few su-35s to pakistan when khair janne do :azn:

As far as your analogy goes ... I agree.. but then again ... your side is the one celebrating for 7 years or so ... to the point where the MMRCA deal has nearly fallen apart .. orders are being reduced for Pak-FA/FGFA .. and nobody even knows when AMCA will become a reality as the dear Tejas is still under question ...but please continue on with your lecture ... we're listening ... :cheers:

Last edited:
Even if the deal doesn't go through, the rate at which news about this beast is coming out will give my neighours several sleepless nights. India hit Pakistan below the belt by going to the Middle East. Pakistan replied and has India by its Balls. I never thought we Pakistanis are capable of fighting a diplomatic war. but hallelujah, we aint just fighting it, we're killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom