What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE="batmannow, post: 7670048, member: 8052"]I think , & check the situation in our region most of the times & I think its going to happen very soon but yes best of luck in the end ?
Still Pakistan has many options ?

I think , & check the situation in our region most of the times & I think its going to happen very soon but yes best of luck in the end ?
Still Pakistan has many options ?[ QUOTE]
many china copy flankers can be obtained...
And some countries may sell us some used f-15s...just a thought....

Mod Edit: Don't quote the trolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume that a fighter deal follows a natural method of conclusion..requirement, trials, price negotiations and delivery schedules..I doubt anyone from paf have even been allowed to take a look inside a SU35 cockpit let alone handing a SU35 jet for trial runs to paf.

Some might claim that the whole process happened "secretly" which makes good fiction.

When a russian official mention deliveries of su35 - he most likely must have mentioned it in context to delivering it to china, usage of which could extend to protection of chinese investments inside pakistan.

Simple and plain logic.

Ofcourse it is "logical" ... A concept of valid reasoning .. yet valid reasoning itself is based upon observation ... is it not ... meaning if you've only observed your own process of acquisitions .. which involves heavy publicity of ... "hey ... this is what we're getting ... get ready!!! .... " and every part of the acquisition is discussed and reported on the media ... these sort of negotiations would seem illogical to you ... add to that the fact that the Indian ego's have been quite hurt, when they found out that talks were underway for a jet that surpasses anything the IAF operates today ... and that too from a supplier which was considered an "all weather friend" ... this is why there have been like 4-5 different threads discussing different dimensions of what and what nots and have heavy duty Indian traffic, most of them trolling ... because they simply can't seem to accept whats happened ...

As for your point, Pakistani defense acquisitions do have the "out of no where" kind of stigma attached to them because as a smaller economy and someone who does not have strong diplomatic cast to lobby for us ... we have to be very careful not to have our deals spoiled ... recent examples include the JFT deal with the French ...

If you've actually followed the story .. you would be knowing that Pakistani side never announced the talks ... it was Russia .. first it was an analyst saying that Pakistan was being considered as a potential buyer, and then regarding the negotiations, it was Russia's Deputy Foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov who confirmed that talks were underway regarding SU-35 to Pakistan ... The Pakistani side only confirmed it and that too after some days ...

Lastly, regarding your little theory of
When a russian official mention deliveries of su35 - he most likely must have mentioned it in context to delivering it to china, usage of which could extend to protection of chinese investments inside pakistan

Do you know the size of the PLAAF, the type of equipment they operate ... they can easily send a number of J-11D's or J-16's/15's etc. with the aim to protect their investments ... all of which easily equalize or even outmatch anything IAF fields today ...

But as per your "logic" --- Russia's deputy FM who was talking about relations with Pakistan, specifically about the weapons being delivered i.e MI-35 and then went on to talk about how talks were underway for SU-35 was merely talking in context of delivery to China and extended usage rights in Pakistan ... and then he went on as to how he believed that India won't be jealous of such a deal... and how talks were only at an initial stage ... after it was already revealed by an analyst from the Russian side that Pakistan along with Brazil was being considered as a potential customer ... and then a Pakistani official according to Janes confirmed that talks were underway ....

So, As per you -- they were all talking in the context of the 'extended use' theory of yours ...???

Whether this deal goes through or not ... the reaction of the Indian friends is priceless to say the least ...

Last edited:
Is PAF going to get 24 Su-35 fighter?

Unfortunately my old thread was locked by moderator who I think I am BS.

My insider information in Chinese forum has claimed China acting as middleman to help PAF gets Su-35 for them but since now in 2015 where Russia no longer feel obliged to protect India interest plus India heavy dependent on Russia for many military projects. Russia now openly talk abt selling Su-35 directly to PAF, just like how RD-93 engines are directly sold to PAF without China acting as middleman for the JF-17.

It is logical step for PAF to acquire the heavy long range SU-35 who can do the deep penetration into India territories. But it will properly acquire in limted numbers like 48 of them since they are expensive to maintain.

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM | Page 12

It shall also put a rest to China rumour of acquiring 24 Su-35 since China no longer need to buy for PAF. Very unfortunately, China is not allow to export any of its flanker series made in CHina like J-16 as we have a gentle agreement with Russia not to export any of them.

My insider information in Chinese forum has claimed China acting as middleman to help PAF gets Su-35 for them but since now in 2015 where Russia no longer feel obliged to protect India interest plus India heavy dependent on Russia for many military projects. Russia now openly talk abt selling Su-35 directly to PAF, just like how RD-93 engines are directly sold to PAF without China acting as middleman for the JF-17.

It is logical step for PAF to acquire the heavy long range SU-35 who can do the deep penetration into India territories. But it will properly acquire in limted numbers like 48 of them since they are expensive to maintain.

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM | Page 12

It shall also put a rest to China rumour of acquiring 24 Su-35 since China no longer need to buy for PAF. Very unfortunately, China is not allow to export any of its flanker series made in CHina like J-16 as we have a gentle agreement with Russia not to export any of them.

Let em induct the flankers 1st.Also it makes little financial sense for PK to induct flankers

Ofcourse it is "logical" ... A concept of valid reasoning .. yet valid reasoning itself is based upon observation ... is it not ... meaning if you've only observed your own process of acquisitions .. which involves heavy publicity of ... "hey ... this is what we're getting ... get ready!!! .... " and every part of the acquisition is discussed and reported on the media ... these sort of negotiations would seem illogical to you ... add to that the fact that the Indian ego's have been quite hurt, when they found out that talks were underway for a jet that surpasses anything the IAF operates today ... and that too from a supplier which was considered an "all weather friend" ... this is why there have been like 4-5 different threads discussing different dimensions of what and what nots and have heavy duty Indian traffic, most of them trolling ... because they simply can't seem to accept whats happened ...

As for your point, Pakistani defense acquisitions do have the "out of no where" kind of stigma attached to them because as a smaller economy and someone who does not have strong diplomatic cast to lobby for us ... we have to be very careful not to have our deals spoiled ... recent examples include the JFT deal with the French ...

If you've actually followed the story .. you would be knowing that Pakistani side never announced the talks ... it was Russia .. first it was an analyst saying that Pakistan was being considered as a potential buyer, and then regarding the negotiations, it was Russia's Deputy Foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov who confirmed that talks were underway regarding SU-35 to Pakistan ... The Pakistani side only confirmed it and that too after some days ...

Lastly, regarding your little theory of

Do you know the size of the PLAAF, the type of equipment they operate ... they can easily send a number of J-11D's or J-16's/15's etc. with the aim to protect their investments ... all of which easily equalize or even outmatch anything IAF fields today ...

But as per your "logic" --- Russia's deputy FM who was talking about relations with Pakistan, specifically about the weapons being delivered i.e MI-35 and then went on to talk about how talks were underway for SU-35 was merely talking in context of delivery to China and extended usage rights in Pakistan ... and then he went on as to how he believed that India won't be jealous of such a deal... and how talks were only at an initial stage ... after it was already revealed by an analyst from the Russian side that Pakistan along with Brazil was being considered as a potential customer ... and then a Pakistani official according to Janes confirmed that talks were underway ....

So, As per you -- they were all talking in the context of the 'extended use' theory of yours ...???

Whether this deal goes through or not ... the reaction of the Indian friends is priceless to say the least ...

Lets keep terms like "jealousy" or "burning" out of it..we are grown ups here not a bunch of kids or emotional wreaks to have such emotions about something that we do not have any control over.

If one digs deeper - Russia has offered other jets - for example - one can take this media outing.. Russia experts suggest to sell MiG-35 aircraft to Pakistan | PAKISTAN DEFENCE NEWS BLOG as an offer. We folks can only make observations, which I tend to do based on the natural progressions of various changes that have happened over the years.

Russian deputy foreign minister when he talks of talks under way for delivery of SU35 - one can draw observations on the key word "delivery" which is a process that happens after various stages are completed in a deal. Again..when I said that a fighter deal goes through various stages before it comes down to the dealing parties talking about deliveries - the general global tendency is one assumes various processes having been completed, because that's how fighter tenders work everywhere else. Your take of it being something different in the case of Pakistan, as in out of nowhere is a valid point - though highly prone to doubt in this case.

If the discussion is about initial stage of talks then it can be understood. "delivery" talks which the russian spoke about takes it into a different level.

Based on the "delivery" term - as you say..my "little theory" and I clearly mention it as a theory is based on the on going talks of russians supplying the chinese su 35, talks of which have been on going and off going from the last several years. My little theory is based on those talks and russian claims of being very close to signing of the su 35 contract and delivery to the chinese ...which one has been reading fromthe last couple of years.

This is just my 4th or 5th post on this su35 saga all this while..I cannot be burdened with what other members have posted against other members.

Last edited:
. Very unfortunately, China is not allow to export any of its flanker series made in CHina like J-16 as we have a gentle agreement with Russia not to export any of them.

You should self supply your flankers with domestic engines before export to any country.
I heard the production of domestic engines still very slow

Last edited:

i want to know more of these inside information ....:D

i want to know more of these inside information ....:D

J-10B will install WS-10B 14000kn thrust engine for supercruise. J-20 first squadron will also iinstall these new WS-10B until WS-15 is ready. Chinese WS-10 engines series will have longer lifespan, better quality than any Russian engines. Unfortunately, your dear Oscar moderator belittle me and think I am BS.

A person who continuously predict Su-35 will enter PAF service from 3 years ago more or less tells me my credibilites of my insiders information :D

Real Deal Pakistan Confirms Interest in Russian Su-35 Fighters

Pakistan is poised to upgrade it air force by purchasing what are arguably the best combat aircraft already in use - Russian Su-35 fighters, and here is why.

1023510236.jpg

Russia-Pakistan Mi-35 Contract Could be Expanded
A Pakistani government official spoke to IHS Jane's, confirming that the sides had already discussed a possible purchase of the advanced aircraft, as the Pakistani Air Force requires a two-engine fighter "that can fly for a longer range than the JF-17 and penetrate more deeply into the enemy's territory".

Currently the country's air force operates a fleet of US F-16s, French Mirage-5s, Chinese F-7s and Sino-Pakistani JF-17s.

Earlier, Moscow and Islamabad clinched a deal on the delivery of Mi-35M transport and attack helicopters to Pakistan, and the contract could be expanded.

While the media are discussing the PAK FA, F-35 and J-20, the fifth-generation aircraft being tested in Russia, the US and China respectively, the fully operational Su-35 seems even more reliable for the moment. It has been touted as "4++ generation using fifth-generation technology", rendering it superior to other fourth-generation fighters under development.

In fact, only the absence of stealth technology and an active electronically scanned array formally separates this plane, which is unbelievably maneuverable at low speeds, from the family of fifth-generation jets.

The Su-35, NATO reporting name Flanker-E, is a multirole fighter that is capable of engaging several air targets simultaneously.

Real Deal: Pakistan Confirms Interest in Russian Su-35 Fighters

J-10B will install WS-10B 14000kn thrust engine for supercruise. J-20 first squadron will also iinstall these new WS-10B until WS-15 is ready. Chinese WS-10 engines series will have longer lifespan, better quality than any Russian engines. Unfortunately, your dear Oscar moderator belittle me and think I am BS.

A person who continuously predict Su-35 will enter PAF service from 3 years ago more or less tells me my credibilites of my insiders information :D

he underestimates the Chinese intelligence... :D

You should self supply your flankers with domestic engines before export to any country.

Another haters.. :D

WS-10.JPG

Look carefully at the serial number. They are operational fighter and not just prototype. All J-11BS and many J-11B are equipped with WS-10 engine, including the one intercepting the USN P-8 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom