What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistani pilots have been training on Chinese and Malaysian SU30 since 2012 as well..

PAK+Pilots+On+Sukhoi%2527s+Su-30+Fighter+Jet_3.jpg
That's Su27

The Chinese did not have to tell us anything. The issue was not that the J-11 or otherwise was clear for export; it was the Al-31 engine and the lack of any suitable Chinese alternative engine. However, as relations improved between Pakistan and Russia.. the possibility of getting engine support has improved as well. The Russians might have insisted however that they wont clear the Al-31 for export to Pakistan but might sell it off as a total package to Pakistan. A smart way to make money but at the same time, China has no need to be a middle man anymore.
Chinese are flying their J-11s with their own engine.

Chinese are flying their J-11s with their own engine.
That they are, but at what performance capability? What lifespan of the engines? What MTBO?
In other words, there are no figures available to show whether they last worse, same or longer than Russian engines.

A country had
dream to reach through warm waters. for that she had payed heavy price and even broken into pieces. if she can fullfill its dream to give away some jets. I belive it will be great business. it will be great shift in world power. as I see europ almost blocked the trade ways for russia and nato getting strong. russia going to have safe trade through china and pakistan. what money they going to have through warm wathers. it will b much more then what india trade with russia and end of the day india will want to get into this mighty project. As per my idea 75 persent world business will be get through pakistani land or waters. and no country can win wars or can do trade if it doesnt have strong navy and army. china russia will do every thing to protect their bussines intrests and giveing away some jets and subs not a bad price.hope you guys will understand what my point is...

Cockpit and seats doesn't seem advanced? same standard from previous Su-family jets?

Pakistani pilots have been training on Chinese and Malaysian SU30 since 2012 as well..

PAK+Pilots+On+Sukhoi%2527s+Su-30+Fighter+Jet_3.jpg
So PAKISTANI PILOTS already trained with dual engine JETS
this is great

BUT I Think Pakistan need more then 48 su-35 like plus 60 because its a JET WITH 5h generation TECH.:yes2:

I think SU-35 may not come to China eventually. Untill now no contract signed yet as the J-11D settled with 14t thrust WS-10 engine & AESA and next generation engine WS-15 will take its maiden flight at the end of this year or beginning of next year, so the chance for PLAAF to get SU-35 is getting smaller and smaller. But it would be very nice to see PAF go for SU-35 as a real piece of art embodied both beauty and technology it is.
By the way another news I read from CASIC(中国航天科工) official Wechat account, new turbofan engine with thrust-weight ratio of 8-9(chinese standard, slight stricter than US standard) for JF-17(blk 3 maybe?) is about to finish all test flights, wish we can see new JF-17 with new engine soon.

according to me,
If Pakistan buys Sukhoi 35, it will be beneficial for India.
Probability of war between India and Pakistan is really low, as long as there is Civilian rule in Pakistan.
Now, Russian equipment is actually cheaper to buy, but very expensive to maintain.
And pakistan would have to actually pay to Russia, in one form or another.
So, although the SU35 will give PAF the required edge, but at the same time, it will also suck up the already tight defence budget of Pakistan.
If PAF commits to SU35s, Pakistan Military as a whole will have to cut corners.

Not only this, The IAF is very much familiar to the flankers.
yes, SU35 is much advanced than SU 30mki.
But, It still is a flanker.
Being the largest operator of the flankers IAF is very much familiar to the planes overall.
yes the advantage is there for PAF, but it will not be a gamechanger.
...Just my take.

@MastanKhan

its not yet confirm Pakistan will buy the flanker just negotiations are taking place and a thread .at last Pakistan is in love with flanker.

its not yet confirm Pakistan will buy the flanker just negotiations are taking place and a thread .at last Pakistan is in love with flanker.
What's with the fascination with Pakistan?

Taking interest in a machine does not always equal to buying it.Yes, another door has opened for the PAF as we have seen some improvements in our relations with Russia on the diplomatic front.And now we can consider about evaluating/ buying something that we could not few years ago.But still it's very fluid.

Irbis E has got some impressive stats.It's also said that export version will have an option for the customers to integrate weapons from different sources.The jet has got a good reach : no question about it.

A fighter jet belonging to the 4.5 generation category like this one ,if inducted will automatically give us the time to ponder and wait for any available 5th generation AC to get mature before we commit to buy it.

======
Forgive me for this dry post.
Enjoy these recent maneuvers from the MAKS 2015 airshow.

1441210334-su-35-flip.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom