What's new

Taliban Tightens grip on Karachi

...The Pakistani Taliban have tightened their grip over the country's commercial hub,..

So according to your own approach, it's time to air-bomb Karachi, right. Should we? Lets bring in brand new JF-Thunders & throw bombs on Karachi from 10000 feet...! Would be so much fun right???
Just today, agencies arrested 2 terrorists from TownShip Lahore. There are terrorists hideouts in Lahore too. Lets Air-Bomb their hideouts in Lahore too.!?

@Areesh Kia Kehta Haay, Yahaan Bhee Line Laga Dain Lashoon Kee BC???
We have at least 4700 of their prisoners in our jails. Line laga do BC lashon ki.
Lo BC karlo muzakraat. Lanat. :angry:

I would prefer all the taliban terrorist that are arrested from these two cities to be eliminated immediately. ...
I would agree with this. Even if they have to take them to courts, do a court-marshell, don't take them to civilian courts. Army should deal with them,

Last edited:
lol, after departure of Zardari and Rehman Malik from center, Karachi indeed should be safest place for terrorists.

So according to your own approach, it's time to air-bomb Karachi, right. Should we? Lets bring in brand new JF-Thunders & throw bombs on Karachi from 10000 feet...! Would be so much fun right???
Just today, agencies arrested 2 terrorists from TownShip Lahore. There are terrorists hideouts in Lahore too. Lets Air-Bomb their hideouts in Lahore too.!?

whatever it takes unless you expect other to clean your $hit

I would prefer all the taliban terrorist that are arrested from these two cities to be eliminated immediately. No need to arrest them.

What is MQM doing? It is time to come into action & start hunting these TTP & their supporters in Karachi. Don't let them strengthen their grip & don't wait for provincial or federal govt.

This article should serve as a slap for non karachitie Pakistanis too who only know how to make racist noise & target MQM without knowing ground realities.

There is some responsibilities of Karachities too. In order to save the city they should take the law in their hands & start massacring TTP & their supporters.

Action which you suggested will provoke to PTI & other political parties that MQM terrorists are killing to innocent Pathans ..........

^^^

Sending in army into a city....not a very good idea. An army isnt built to fight in an urban setting.

Unhappily urban fighting goes back in all recorded history. Karachi in my humble outsiders view does need large numbers of Army troops to augment their very tiny local police force (10,000 or so) and Rangers (numbers unknown to me).

In "the old days" the Army did come in (under Ayub Khan); block off whole areas of slumbs and poorest neighborhoods where then "political" riots were going on when Miss Jinnah ran for President against Ayub and after days and weeks, and when the event of the national election was over things "got somewhat better."

Today the religious terrorists are getting worse, not better.

There are no simple answers. We all here in the US wish there were!

Aray bhai taliban lato kay booth hain, baato say nahi mantain.

They need a kick up their as.s from the army.

However justified it is...people neither forget nor forgive any army intervention - for you lal masjid is a good example.

Unhappily urban fighting goes back in all recorded history. Karachi in my humble outsiders view does need large numbers of Army troops to augment their very tiny local police force (10,000 or so) and Rangers (numbers unknown to me).

In "the old days" the Army did come in (under Ayub Khan); block off whole areas of slumbs and poorest neighborhoods where then "political" riots were going on when Miss Jinnah ran for President against Ayub and after days and weeks, and when the event of the national election was over things "got somewhat better."

Today the religious terrorists are getting worse, not better.

There are no simple answers. We all here in the US wish there were!

A military coup - of which the world has seen many examples of, would be a lot different than the army conducting a targeted op and barging into a very highly dense urban area - especially tightly placed slums where millions reside together.

The army isnt trained to operate in such situations - lets imagine that an army convoy comes under small arms fire in one of their patrol or one of their armor vehicles gets blown up by an improvised device on the roadside and they are forced to shoot back with their heavy weapons.

Last edited:
However justified it is...people neither forget nor forgive any army intervention - for you lal masjid is a good example.

A military coup - of which the world has seen many examples of, would be a lot different than the army conducting a targeted op and barging into a very highly dense urban area - especially tightly placed slums where millions reside together.

The army isnt trained to operate in such situations - lets imagine that an army convoy comes under small arms fire in one of their patrol or one of their armor vehicles gets blown up by an improvised device on the roadside and they are forced to shoot back with their heavy weapons.

See Battle of Berlin at end of WW II.

See current Battle of Damascus in Syria, as well as City of Homs (spelling?).

You are looking to pin down in whatever location the terrorists are and then taken the out.

Otherwise you have abdicated the field to the enemy.

Understand I am not, never was "combat arms" but as only a reserve Lt. Colonel and Colonel I was chief of computerized war gamming for HQ US Special Operations Command, limited special warfare, as related in those past years to integrated battle scenarios in every possible setting. Civil Affairs Plans delt with how to manage "an area/city/countryside" once you defeated the occupying irregular or regular forces. I think terrorists qualify as irregular forces.

I do understand your point buy having lived and worked in Karachi for 18 months such pitched neighborhood battles ever back then did happen. I understand your fear of collateral damage. This is where you need the best possible pre-action propaganda to educate the people to either fight the terrorists themselves or else evacuated right away with a deadline to get out. Complex process but "life ain't easy" unfortunately.

Jesus Christ! This is the finical capital of Pakistan we are talking about! Why is the GoP sat on their backsides watching from afar? Forget articles and procedures and what the PPP should be doing- this is a NATIONAL/STRATEGIC disaster and requires a national response i.e. federal police/the army. How can more not be being done about this? Things are not going to get any better if nothing is done and in a BIG way.

I am truly befuddled by the apparent inaction of the local and federal govt....

It will be so nice of you Sir. I would love to see old pictures of the city i was born in.

Very detailed & interesting to read. Deep respects to you, Sir.

1. As of Friday, 28 Feb., 2014 I have only found slides of time spend in Karachi.

2. What I am still looking for "buried somewhere in our house" is a color snap shot booklet with pictures of camel rides on the beach; a photo of the Papal Internuncio's house also on the beach in Karachi; military parade photos of PM of Communist China's first state visit to then West Pakistan; of the old US Embassy in Karachi; and related other photos.

Once I find the color photos I will scan them onto this site. I don't plan to do anything with the slides for now.

Actually some time it feel big propaganda war . Last week British govt demanded two people from Pakistan, who involved in Dr Imran death. And according to few tv channels in Pakistan, Pakistani intelligence want to trade two from two Baluchi lord who are running insurgency in Pakistan through UK. Let's see where the deal ends

Last edited:
Damn!! what is the GOP doing?

After Quetta and Peshawar its now Karachi...next will be....Lahore?
GoP under PMLN/Nawaz Sharif is unconcerned, as long as Punjab is not affected..Taliban in Peshawar, Quetta and Karachi are acceptable but not in Lahore.. That is the underlying reason for the clamour for 'peace talks'...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom