What's new

Taliban Tightens grip on Karachi

Since 1963-65 when I was stationed in Karachi the same very poor parts of Karachi remain the hotbeds of extremists and revolutionaries. However, matters are worse in 2014 in that the size and firepower and armored vehicles of the Karachi Police Dept. and Rangers have not kept pace with the explosion in and of the terrorist/poorest people sections of Karachi.

Colonel, USAF, Retired, USA
What was the background of your deployment anyway?

sindh govt have a back up worst case they can hide in larkana and wait for any large scale activity to end they wish to use their arrow for two shikars at once , as for fed's they have no mandate so not their problem either... What WSJ saying is logic most karachietes know and i am sure they have reporters who can figure this out and yes can seek MQM support who on record now has offered intelligence support to western countries !the attitude of law enforcement esp rangers is surprising seems like typical NS policy udher hum idher tum .. except little skirmishes all is good, since they take orders from higher up in the GHQ its ones guess whats the hold up. Yes pretty messed up if you think about it , bottom line its karachietes fight now upto them give up or keep fighting.

Sindh Govt may have backup , but what about the people of Sindh ? If you look at the map , the threat isn't only present in Karachi but extends far beyond than here . The targeted operation , now ironically in Phase 3 , is only keen on nabbing and framing the activists of a single political party - MQM . Rest all others are exempted and can do what they wish . Wall Street Journal is only captioning the obvious . The warning was long sent to the people and Govt of country but the ostrich attitude and Mullah worship continued . The bottom line is that most Pakistanis aren't even aware of the gravity of the situation , we are again one step closer to the point of no return .

Since 1963-65 when I was stationed in Karachi the same very poor parts of Karachi remain the hotbeds of extremists and revolutionaries. However, matters are worse in 2014 in that the size and firepower and armored vehicles of the Karachi Police Dept. and Rangers have not kept pace with the explosion in and of the terrorist/poorest people sections of Karachi.

Colonel, USAF, Retired, USA
any pictures , heard the city was a better back in those days

What is MQM doing? It is time to come into action & start hunting these TTP & their supporters in Karachi. Don't let them strengthen their grip & don't wait for provincial or federal govt.

This article should serve as a slap for non karachitie Pakistanis too who only know how to make racist noise & target MQM without knowing ground realities.

Infact Karachi is under threat ... If GoP decides to lauch an operation in Waziristan then TTP will try to destroy the city ........

There is some responsibilities of Karachities too. In order to save the city they should take the law in their hands & start massacring TTP & their supporters.

What is MQM doing?
There is some responsibilities of Karachities too. In order to save the city they should take the law in their hands & start massacring TTP & their supporters.
MQM is non serious party... Their stance changes everyday... They are only concerned about ministries from every ruling government like molana diesel .....
Altaf and others already ran away..... Lawless Karachi, no doubt.... You can't expect peace from violent party... :)

What is MQM doing? It is time to come into action & start hunting these TTP & their supporters in Karachi. Don't let them strengthen their grip & don't wait for provincial or federal govt.

This article should serve as a slap for non karachitie Pakistanis too who only know how to make racist noise & target MQM without knowing ground realities.

Your MQM is only good for target killings of innocent unarmed and unware people, they can not take on taliban. Leave this job to police, rangers and army.
TTP approached the families of those whose loved ones got killed by target killers of MQM riding on bikes, thats how taliban grew in number in karachi.

wtf is this shit, the Taliban may have a presence there but it does not in any way mean that they control the area, this is just some propaganda bullshit, whoever came up with these figures probably does not know the difference between a Talib and a regular non-talib Pashtun, it could be that the Pashtun gangs are using the name of the Taliban just so no one messes with them.....

Sindh Govt may have backup , but what about the people of Sindh ? If you look at the map , the threat isn't only present in Karachi but extends far beyond than here . The targeted operation , now ironically in Phase 3 , is only keen on nabbing and framing the activists of a single political party - MQM . Rest all others are exempted and can do what they wish . Wall Street Journal is only captioning the obvious . The warning was long sent to the people and Govt of country but the ostrich attitude and Mullah worship continued . The bottom line is that most Pakistanis aren't even aware of the gravity of the situation , we are again one step closer to the point of no return .

Most Pakistanis cannot handle the truth it's clear on the forum you can't blame them as well they are fed garbage for a long time all you get is silly rhetoric that's all it's beyond their comprehension - Federal govt consist of people who have on record given up to the terrorist . PPP although have a clear stance but they are a silly bunch for eg Bhutto was deceived by zia than BB was deceived by extremists - so it becomes a very much Karachi problem and it's fight with the militants

Most Pakistanis cannot handle the truth it's clear on the forum you can't blame them as well they are fed garbage for a long time all you get is silly rhetoric that's all it's beyond their comprehension - Federal govt consist of people who have on record given up to the terrorist . PPP although have a clear stance but they are a silly bunch for eg Bhutto was deceived by zia than BB was deceived by extremists - so it becomes a very much Karachi problem and it's fight with the militants

Look above your posts - its ask and ye shall receive magic again . Unfortunately , we have a terrible and self harming habit of either putting all blame on a single party or getting in the " ostrich mode " - pretending that nothing has happened so that nothing needs to be done . You talk of the Karachi and they will talk of a single political party . Speak of Muhajirs and the drill is repeated . You mention an incident of any sort and see the same response . Once upon a member got fed up of this and replied " Yes , MQM activist killed the first person on earth " . :D

I'm not too familiar with Pakistan's history with those terrorists, but in my opinion the Pakistani govt should launch a serious full scale crackdown on those parasites, especially in the big cities. I mean, if those bastards (number or percentage doesnt matter at all) can come close to such big cities already, it's a sign of emergency if you ask me. The aim is to show them after several serious crackdowns that they cannot achieve things with violence. Key elements are Hunting stance, intelligence, co-ordination, patience and perseverance, imo. Defending against terrorists is useless; they will regroup, reorganize and come back anyway. Then gradually switch to listening to their demands and find some compromise, if realistic. That's how Turkey managed to limit the pkk greatly before the peace process started last year.

What has Pakistan's strategy been so far ? and what were the shortcomings in the past and now?

Altaf and others already ran away..... Lawless Karachi, no doubt.... You can't expect peace from violent party... :)

With dumb political parties & their supporters who believe in negotiating with these creatures worst than beasts every sane person will try to run away.

I'm not too familiar with Pakistan's history with those terrorists, but in my opinion the Pakistani govt should launch a serious full scale crackdown on those parasites, especially in the big cities.

If only Pakistani politicians think that way & if only those Pakistanis who comfortably live in protected parts of Pakistan stop viewing things from ethnic pov.

Yesterday Nadeem F. Paracha said in an interview : "MQM-related violence is now only a minor issue compared to the violence being exercised by the new boys in town. And these boys don’t run for elections or sit in parliaments. They blow. "

Sometimes I do not understand that why people are so much against MQM , which is only as much flawed as any other political party in the country . The strong presence of MQM is the only thing keeping Karachi from becoming largest city of FATA . Our Federal government wants to negotiate with TTP , and at the same time it (along with others) wants to eliminate MQM !! What are we up to ??

Last edited:
meanwhile bilawal and his party celebrate Sindh Festival:hitwall:

Why should they care ? Remember one thing , your loyalty lies with the country , you keep your money in .

Sometimes I do not understand that why people are so much against MQM , which is only as much flawed as any other political party in the country . The strong presence of MQM is the only thing keeping Karachi from becoming largest city of FATA . Yet government wants negotiations with TTP , but everyone wants to eliminate MQM !! What are we up to ??

The answer to your question , lies in history . Its " misplaced priorities " and not learning from your own mistakes . After all , a party can only be so bad because I know of no angels in this business .

any pictures , heard the city was a better back in those days

Yes, I do have some slides and a few color snap shots around. Will look for them and post what I can next week, if possible.

Cheers.

wtf is this shit, the Taliban may have a presence there but it does not in any way mean that they control the area, this is just some propaganda bullshit, whoever came up with these figures probably does not know the difference between a Talib and a regular non-talib Pashtun, it could be that the Pashtun gangs are using the name of the Taliban just so no one messes with them.....

Unhappily there is lots of truth to terrorists inside Karachi in recent years (plural). During 2013 Taliban in Karachi brazenly shot their way into the Karachi main Navy Base, killing several sailor guards, wounding many more, but failing to get their suicide bombers to tied up Pak Navy ships, their intended end target.

I "suspect" the Pak Navy is birthing more warships out in the harbor, using crew boats and captain's gig to move personnel back and forth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom