What's new

Taliban says Polish hostage beheaded in Pakistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/09/world/asia/09taliban.html?ref=world

Video Is Said to Be Polish Hostage’s Beheading in Pakistan

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — A graphic video delivered to reporters on Sunday appeared to show the execution of a Polish engineer by Pakistani militants who had held him captive for more than four months.

The seven-minute video appears to show the engineer, Piotr Stanczak, sitting on the floor flanked by two masked men. Off camera, a militant briefly engages him in conversation before three others behead him. One of the hooded men then addresses the camera, blaming Pakistan for the execution because it had not agreed to demands to release Taliban prisoners.

If confirmed, Mr. Stanczak’s death would appear to be the first killing of a Western hostage in Pakistan since Daniel Pearl, a Wall Street Journal reporter, was beheaded in 2002.

Pakistan has had a rash of kidnappings and attacks on foreigners in recent months, mostly attributed to militants from Al Qaeda and the Taliban trying to destabilize the secular government and punish it for supporting the American-led war next door in Afghanistan.

On Saturday a Taliban spokesman said Mr. Stanczak was killed Friday night because the government had missed a deadline to release 26 prisoners.

On Sunday an intermediary who said he had obtained it from the Taliban gave an Associated Press reporter in northwest Pakistan the video on a flash drive. Reuters also reported receiving a copy of the video.

An Interior Ministry spokesman, Shahidullah Baig, said the government had “heard about” the existence of the video and was investigating.

Piotr Adamkiewicz, a spokesman at the Polish Embassy in Islamabad, said the mission had seen some images from the video. He said it appeared to show the Polish hostage being killed.

What can be the implications of this on Pakistan. And has the situation completely gotten out of Pakistan's hands?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/09/world/asia/09taliban.html?ref=world

Video Is Said to Be Polish Hostage’s Beheading in Pakistan

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — A graphic video delivered to reporters on Sunday appeared to show the execution of a Polish engineer by Pakistani militants who had held him captive for more than four months.

The seven-minute video appears to show the engineer, Piotr Stanczak, sitting on the floor flanked by two masked men. Off camera, a militant briefly engages him in conversation before three others behead him. One of the hooded men then addresses the camera, blaming Pakistan for the execution because it had not agreed to demands to release Taliban prisoners.

If confirmed, Mr. Stanczak’s death would appear to be the first killing of a Western hostage in Pakistan since Daniel Pearl, a Wall Street Journal reporter, was beheaded in 2002.

Pakistan has had a rash of kidnappings and attacks on foreigners in recent months, mostly attributed to militants from Al Qaeda and the Taliban trying to destabilize the secular government and punish it for supporting the American-led war next door in Afghanistan.

On Saturday a Taliban spokesman said Mr. Stanczak was killed Friday night because the government had missed a deadline to release 26 prisoners.

On Sunday an intermediary who said he had obtained it from the Taliban gave an Associated Press reporter in northwest Pakistan the video on a flash drive. Reuters also reported receiving a copy of the video.

An Interior Ministry spokesman, Shahidullah Baig, said the government had “heard about” the existence of the video and was investigating.

Piotr Adamkiewicz, a spokesman at the Polish Embassy in Islamabad, said the mission had seen some images from the video. He said it appeared to show the Polish hostage being killed.

What can be the implications of this on Pakistan. And has the situation completely gotten out of Pakistan's hands?

This sound very familiar in Iraq three years ago, were lots of beheading were done. It clearly shows how the pakistan taliban is mutating in Al queda idelogy. The problem is going to be worse since America will not be aloud to act on Pakistanie side.

ambassadors?!!
you mean tourists, right? and those culprits are under different stages of prosecuted, under-trail, jailed.

cant say the same about those who beheaded this guy or daniel pearl.:tsk:

btw, why did you bring india into this topic?:confused:

Listen mate...whatever happened to Daniel Pearl was wrong and nobody appreciates that...every country has her own problems and of course this needs to be tackeld on a rapid speed.
You better clean your backyard first and stop pointing Pakistan for all your own long doings.

And one mopre thing stop showing us the shinning India...we all know how shiny your country is.:pakistan:

Disgusting, and doesn't add any extras to Pakistans image abroad.
This is really disgusting, these people aren't Muslims.
I've read the news on dutch papers with pain, because I know Pakistan will never be viewed as a friendly and peaceloving country as long as these militants continue to get the upper hand.

Listen mate...whatever happened to Daniel Pearl was wrong and nobody appreciates that...every country has her own problems and of course this needs to be tackeld on a rapid speed.
You better clean your backyard first and stop pointing Pakistan for all your own long doings.

And one mopre thing stop showing us the shinning India...we all know how shiny your country is.:pakistan:

He had an Israeli passport, and was mossad agent, according to people who beheaded him. In that case its justified.

were any Pakistani diplomats raped ? they are white too right ?

PS: come on man, stop bringing India into everything. :pdf:

first of all rape and killing both are disgusting behaviour humanity at it worse.

but looking at your responce i am kind of confused are you saying if he or she has white skin they should be raped.

how do you know if was not a ravishing beauty with a figure to kill for ?
so persons beauty gives any body the right to Rape them ?

Just like these animals didnt have any right to kill no matter what the person skin color or religion is.No one and i mean no one have the right to rape any one regardless of the color or beauty.

As far as pakistans image is concern No one has paid bigger price for the activities of these Terrorist then Pakistan.so i am not sure how people are going to hold pakistan responsible for the actions of these people who are hurting pakistan more then any body else.these are the same animals that are behading pakistani civilians and police officers.:hitwall:

He had an Israeli passport, and was mossad agent, according to people who beheaded him. In that case its justified.

So, you accept the process of beheadings!!!
And also accept what the talibans says is true!!!
Daniel pearl has always been a reporter, but like S-2 said in one of the thread anything found in FATA or northern frontier can be justifide of American, Indian and Israel envolvement.

Last edited:
first of all rape and killing both are disgusting behaviour humanity at it worse.

Not feeling guilty about or repenting the same is worse.

but looking at your responce i am kind of confused are you saying if he or she has white skin they should be raped.so persons beauty gives any body the right to Rape them ?

Good heavens where have I said all this ?

Rahman implies that there is an obsession amongst Indians for white skin which makes them rape foreigners.
I sarcastically added she could have been hot and that is why was raped, not necessarily because her complexion was corpse like

PS: More Indian woman are raped in India than foreigners. :bunny:

EDIT- I have not derailed this thread.

This is a heinous crime and there can't be any justification for this crime.

I hope the perpetrators are caught and are punished.

Thread is moderated, please stick to the topic now.
Thanks!

This is a heinous crime and there can't be any justification for this crime.

I hope the perpetrators are caught and are punished.

This polish guy had no reason to go there, his love of money got him there and got him killed in the process.

Jinnah made a pact with FATA that:

"FATA will protect Pakistan's boundaries and in return
Pakistan will let the tribals live the live in their own ways".

Now after 9/11 under the pressure from US, Pakistan has turned blind eye to the drones coming in and bombing their village, Pakistan army is inside their area and killing their men who we call "taliban" and they don't like it.

This war on terror is a move to break Pakistan by creating civil unrest, their goal is to make people hate the army, without people's support our army cannot do much.

We should stop talking order from Washington, and do whats best for our country.

Pakistan Zindabad.

These bastard and idiot tailbans are doing barbaric acts.
and Alas all they are doing on the name of Islam.
This new Islam is invented now by them so let finish it as soon as possible.Now one can bear that such groups grow in this civilized world.
Where as Hazrat Muhammad P.B.U.H Islam do not allow this.

I am amazed from where they have learned these cheap tactics.No religion of the world allow this.Only solution to this problem is to use force to cut them in to pieces.Idiot ignorant people.

Back
Top Bottom