What's new

Taliban says Polish hostage beheaded in Pakistan

the Polish govt. has the right to blame the govt., we've just been so lazy, sitting on our arses while this guy just got his sawed off! our people are justfying these miscreants openly, by claiming that "we are killing our own people." it doesn't even make a difference whether suicide bomber blows himself up in lahore or rawalpindi, the same ignorant mass will say we are killing our own people.

we'll hear the usual conspiracy theories and paranoia, but there are no condolences, not even a single bit of remorse from the "awam". after saying this, I know I'm going to irritate some members, but the reality is our thoughts and opinions on this thread, aren't making a difference, they are not changing the views of the rest of the public of Pakistan.

Poland and Pakistan share a long history, we've taken in Polish refugees during WWII. if anything the polish govt. should be grateful to Pakistan. Yet, here we have the Polish govt. criticizing our govt. for not taking action and putting us completely at blame. I don't see our people in mass condemn these acts, I'm not seeing our reporters and journalists dedicate something in their memory.

WASHINGTON: Poland has joined the ranks of countries accusing Pakistan of inaction, if not outright complicity in terrorist activity, following the
beheading last week of a Polish national by the Pakistani Taliban.

In a furious response that has stunned the international diplomatic community, Polish justice minister Andrzej Czuma on Monday blamed Pakistan's ''apathy'' in tackling terrorism for the killing of a Polish geologist who was kidnapped by the Pakistani Taliban from Attock town in Punjab.
"The structure of the Pakistani government is behind this apathy. The Pakistani authorities encourage these bandits," Czuma told a Polish news agency, even as the horrific killing recalled the similar beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl.

The minister’s outburst stunned his own colleagues in the diplomatic circuit who are a little more circumspect in public about Pakistan’s reputation as a haven of terrorism. ''It was unnecessary honesty, it sent shivers down my spine when I heard Minister Czuma speaking,'' Pawe? Gra?, a member of the Polish parliament's Special Services Committee and Czuma's party colleague told the Polish media.

However, so great is the outrage in Warsaw over the brutal killing that the Poland's Senate speaker has called off a visit by his Pakistani counterpart this week. Speaker Bogdan Borusewicz said Tuesday his decision is not an unfriendly gesture toward Pakistan but was made after taking into consideration ''the situation in which our countryman was murdered.'' Other European countries also expressed revulsion at yet another beheading in Pakistan.

Meanwhile, according to reports in the Polish media, the State Prosecutor's Office in Cracow, formally investigating the incident, would like to secure the original tapes containing a seven-minute film showing the Pole's execution. For now, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said, it has only received a digital copy.

"We don't want a digital copy because it may have been tinkered with,'' said Prosecutor Marek We?na at the Organised Crime Bureau, State Prosecutor's Office in Cracow. He said the persons who had taken part in the negotiations would be asked to testify. It is also possible a Polish prosecutor will go to Pakistan to secure potential evidence there. The Polish case offers Pakistan yet another opportunity to prove its bona fides in the war on terror amid continuing questions in the international community about its seriousness. Whether it is the Mumbai carnage or the London subway blasts or the beheading of Pearl and now of Piotr Stanczack, Pakistan has not distinguished itself with its dodgy investigations seemingly aimed more at protecting the perpetrators rather than bring them to justice.

Many of the accused in such incidents, including Omar Saeed Sheikh, Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi, Yusuf Muzammil, and Zarrar Khan are reported to be ISI assets who live under the intelligence agency’s protection, while Pakistan’s civilian dispensation drums up red herrings while privately pleading it is not fully in control of the agency or that it has been infiltrated by rogue elements.

With its constant denials, fudging and prevarication, Pakistan’s government has laid itself open that it is complicit in such acts of terrorism. There is immense distrust among the U.S and its allies about Pakistan’s intelligence agency ISI and how far it is in cahoots with the jihadis it fostered for long.

the last part of the report is an indian addition as everyone can make out.its a news sourced from india media quoting from washington.

but whatever has happened is utter shameful.
thanks

Welcome to club called "Victim of terror from Pakistan"

They Lost only Person and You Lost only 180 in Mumbai Incident and How much we have Lost.......The Numbers are in Thousands.

They are Co-operating with Pakistan and their Special Teams will Reach Pakistan and they will Bring the Criminals to Justice Inshallah.

They didn't canceled Diplomatic Ties with Pakistan, They didn't talked about "Surgical Strikes" and the didn't demanded handing over of Culprits to Poland. This is the difference between a Civilized Nation and You (Indians).

Sure, but I'm having a tough time finding the clause where the self appointed judge, jury and executioners are bonafide killers and terrorists themselves.

Self appointed judges are present every where, look at Nuremberg trails, Guantanamo bay etc

FATA is independent, they have their own laws, judge & jury.

Daniel Pearl was a journalist; just because the Islamic psychopaths declared him a "spy" for having an Israeli passport prior to murdering him doesn't necessarily make it true; and it certainly doesn't justify said murder.

US has long history of sending in agents disguised as journalists.

and punishment for spying is death

WASHINGTON (AP) - Disclosure that the CIA retains authority to recruit U.S. journalists for covert operations is drawing protests from the news media and demands that the practice be banned. "It puts our people in jeopardy," says Tom Johnson, president of CNN.

CIA Director John Deutch acknowledged last week that he has the right to waive 1977 rules that forbid assigning spies disguised as reporters, or enlisting reporters to serve as spies.

Deutch commented after The Washington Post quoted an unidentified intelligence official as saying the CIA occasionally has waived the rules, which also apply to religious and Peace Corps workers.

Deutch would not confirm the newspaper report, but he was likely to be asked about the practice today while appearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee

n the early 1970s, the Washington Star reported that "over 35 American journalists, some full-time, some free-lance, and some major media correspondents were on the CIA payroll."

As recently as December of 2001, the respected media newsletter Editor and Publisher wondered whether the CIA was "using journalistic cover in Afghanistan." E&P's article reported that a Taliban defector claimed to have been approached "two or three times" by U.S. intelligence agents posing as reporters.

Last edited:
friends this is not an issue to take a digg at each other we must jointly fight this menace and whatever happened is really very sad.

Self appointed judges are present every where, look at Nuremberg trails, Guantanamo bay etc

This is your counter argument? Really?

They didn't canceled Diplomatic Ties with Pakistan, They didn't talked about "Surgical Strikes" and the didn't demanded handing over of Culprits to Poland. This is the difference between a Civilized Nation and You (Indians).
I am sure you have at least enough common sense to figure out the difference between kidnapping and killing someone working in Pakistan vs launching terror attacks upon another country.

I have to disagree with you here a little AR.

I agree that FATA is autonomous per the Pakistani constitution, and does have its own legal system based on Tribal culture and codes. But these men were not punished under that system - The taliban have destroyed the Tribal jirga and elder system wherever they have gained control. Close to 300 Tribal elders have been massacred.

The system that has been implemented in Taiban controlled areas is one of fear, violence and barbarity. Were the original Jirga and Elder system still prevalent, I might have agreed with you, but nothing the Taliban do is legitimate or just, nor does most of what they do have any grounding in Islam or Tribal culture.

This was cold blooded murder, as it was in the case of all the other alleged spies, prostitutes, dancers etc.

there is a reason for them being angry. we can only say sorry to them. its a loss for both pakistan and poland. that guy was an asset for both the countries. may his soul live in peace

May he rest in peace, But... No one sent Poland an invitation to Afghanistan, They shouldnt have come!

Hmm.

He was working in Pakistan.

His kidnappers wanted the release of some militants and the military to leave the tribal areas.

So if the US was not in Afghanistan, none of this would have happened.

What a cursed situation. The Arabs and the US should just leave Pakistan and Afghanistan alone. Let them ruin their own countries.

What a bunch of clowns in the government. If it were me, I'd tell the US where to shove its aid. None of it reaches the people anyway.

Hmm.

He was working in Pakistan.

His kidnappers wanted the release of some militants and the military to leave the tribal areas.

So if the US was not in Afghanistan, none of this would have happened.

What a cursed situation. The Arabs and the US should just leave Pakistan and Afghanistan alone. Let them ruin their own countries.

What a bunch of clowns in the government. If it were me, I'd tell the US where to shove its aid.

No one sent any invitation to U.S either! Its the U.S whos destroying both Afghanistan and Pakistan! It would seem U.S will have the Soviet fate... Or at least its army will crush in Afghanistan.

Someone tell me why %74 of Afghanistan is under Taliban or Al-Qaeda control?!

Indeed - all the countries who have had their citizens killed by the Taliban in Afghanistan shoudl now blame the US for 'fostering terrorism'. :rolleyes:

The GoI shoudl be blamed for 'fostering sexual abuse of foreigners'.

Back
Top Bottom