What's new

Taliban commander surrenders for $100 by accident

The first casualty of war is truth.

Official stories always need to be taken with a grain of salt, especially stories like this which are so blatantly ridiculous, and which just happen to come at a time when troop morale is especially low.

This kind of amounts to " The news is good, so must be false"

I never see ISPR's claims getting this kind of a supply of salt.. Why is this any different...?

I an guessing English comprehension is not your forte. The story is from April 2012 Afghanistan.

Well my mistake, i should have adressed this sentence to Oscar who referenced a movie about the Vietnam era.

How convenient it is when you can single out mistakes like this and even call out poor reading skills while at the same time ignoring being called out on bias and BS.

Tank Thing.

So, any proof that this was a propaganda stunt? Or we are to believe more of your tanking thoughts?

but where's the proof of this being a feel good propaganda? just your theory right.

Do you think the authorities would be stupid enough to admit it's a propaganda? Where's the evidence this guy was a Taliban commander on the loose and not just some Afghan actor paid $20 to act out a stunt?

This kind of amounts to " The news is good, so must be false"

No, it's nothing about good or bad. It's just ridiculous.

The Taliban may be tough, misogynistic, evil, but they are not stupid -- certainly not mid level commanders.

Well my mistake, i should have adressed this sentence to Oscar who referenced a movie about the Vietnam era.

How convenient it is when you can single out mistakes like this and even call out poor reading skills while at the same time ignoring being called out on bias and BS.

Tank Thing.

So, any proof that this was a propaganda stunt? Or we are to believe more of your tanking thoughts?

It's called critical thinking skills and healthy skepticism of war propaganda.

Neither of which you are capable of.

its funny propoganda joke as i see :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but if its truth ... I really feel sorry for such talibanis... may God help them to be humans rather than killing machines.

How Americans are propagandized about Afghanistan - Afghanistan - Salon.com

What is clear — yet again — is how completely misinformed and propagandized Americans continue to be by the American media, which constantly ”reports” on crucial events in Afghanistan by doing nothing more than mindlessly and unquestioningly passing along U.S. government claims as though they are fact.

It was not questioning the source but proposing an alternative theory by a think tank without a backup.. Which in real terms is called trolling..

Because we are discussing this on defence.pk

Afghan Taliban = Good terrorists.. Good because a lot of Pakistanis believe them to be good.. Terrorists as per UNSC resolution.. Hence the use of oxymoron...

Never believed it.. Never said it...

Though I would disagree.. I would have been inclined to be tempted to agree had you said counter trolling.. But trolling definitely not.. Trolling is what the think tank dude did...

If they are Bad too why USA is keep shouting for talk ? and when Pak talks to TTP thats Bad taliban isn't it ? they said no u cant talk to them.

So not just we say good or bad but THE US OF A is also saying it . ;)

It's called critical thinking skills and healthy skepticism of war propaganda.

Neither of which you are capable of.

So , i take it you found no more supporters of your critical and healthy bias tanking theories?

Ok, thought so, let me know when your theories have an ounce of verifiable truth in them and are not a figment of an immigrant laborer disconnected with reality.

The Taliban may be tough, misogynistic, evil, but they are not stupid -- certainly not mid level commanders.

How do you know he was mid-level? Wouldn't mid level commanders have lackeys to do their tasks for them because it would be too dangerous for them to be walking outside? Is 100$ really a suitable and probable amount for a mid level commander? Or does it sound more like a reward for the village top thug who is aparently not very bright.

Tank Thing.

So , i take it you found no more supporters of your critical and healthy bias tanking theories?

Ok, thought so, let me know when your theories have an ounce of verifiable truth in them and are not a figment of an immigrant laborer disconnected with reality.

I am quite enjoying your desperate flailings. I have already shown how previous claims by NATO, dutifully parroted by the media, were shown to be fabricated.

How do you know he was mid-level?

We have already established your troubles with English comprehension. No need to demonstrate them over again.

I am quite enjoying your desperate flailings. I have already shown how previous claims by NATO, dutifully parroted by the media, were shown to be fabricated.

All i see from you is a link to a leftist site and a whole lot of BS gathered from conjecture. Nothing solid. Try again.

All i see from you is a link to a leftist site and a whole lot of BS gathered from conjecture. Nothing solid. Try again.

This is embarrassing to watch you dig yourself ever deeper. The Salon article details the falsehoods propagated by NATO.

This is embarrassing to watch you dig yourself ever deeper. The Salon article details the falsehoods propagated by NATO.

It is embarrasing to watch you proclaiming yourself of critical thinking and linking an agenda driven site as the definitive source.

If a site is designed like BBC and Reuters it doesn't mean it's objective.

Now let's try again: some credible source that the commander in question was paid to give himself up.

Edit: after some digging i found this interesting quote by David Talbott, the founder of Salon.com :
Is Salon more tabloid-like? Yeah, we've made no secret of that. I've said all along that our formula here is that we're a smart tabloid. If by tabloid what you mean is you're trying to reach a popular audience, trying to write topics that are viscerally important to a readership, whether it's the story about the mother in Houston who drowned her five children or the story on the missing intern in Washington

So yeah, a really good source you based your wild assumptions around.

It is embarrasing to watch you proclaiming yourself of critical thinking and linking an agenda driven site as the definitive source.

If a site is designed like BBC and Reuters it doesn't mean it's objective.

The shifting dance continues. The Salon article lists the NATO claims, dutifully parroted by the media, which were subsequently acknowledged to be false.

Now let's try again: some credible source that the commander in question was paid to give himself up.

We've been through this, and you display your reading disability yet again. I never claimed he was a commander, NATO did.

It is up to them to provide independently verifiable evidence that this guy was a Taliban commander on the loose. Those making the claim need to prove it, not otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom