What's new

Tail Choppers to re-equip with JF-17

Arrows, Bandits, Black Spider, Cobras, Dashing, Eagles, Falcons, Griffin, Ghazi, Hawks, Haider, Minahsian, Leaders, Panther, Shaheen, Tail Choppers, Tigers, Talons, Sharp Shooters, Sherdil Skybolts. Night strike Eagles, Zarrar....
Some squadrons have multiple names. No 14 is called Tailchoppers, Shaheens and the fighting fourteen, similarly No 19 is called Sherdil and Hawks.
it means that there are 22 sqds total in PAF?

Tail Choppers , huh ? Name suggest that they are Interceptors right ? JF-17 is Good for Interceptor Role ?
they were stationed in East Pakistan during the war of 1965, while the PAF from WP chopped of head of the IAF from the West, the lone squadron hit the IAF from the rear

This will be the fifth Squadron right?

Can someone confirm how many planes does CCS squadron has?
How many total JF-17 are active till now?

@Windjammer

What happend to the ca. 40 A-5 Fantans ? Did they get a last overhaul in the F-6 rebuild factory befored stored, or are they parked to be rust down in the desert.

A-5s are I think in storage and being maintained as war time reserve. There are no A-5 air frames being used as monuments or displays, so it confirms the aircraft are not mothballed yet.

In my own opinion PAF should consider converting retired aircraft into UCAVs, Decoy UAVs or Cruise missiles, like China has done with its retired J-6s and J-7s. Would be good fodder for expending or forcing revealation of opponent SAMs.

UAV converted J-6s have the canopy deleted where as the J-7s still retain them so look the same as regular J-7s. Can google it up.
milit113.jpg

B-6b+++%2528J-6W%2529+drones+2.jpg

A-5s are I think in storage and being maintained as war time reserve. There are no A-5 air frames being used as monuments or displays, so it confirms the aircraft are not mothballed yet.

In my own opinion PAF should consider converting retired aircraft into UCAVs, Decoy UAVs or Cruise missiles, like China has done with its retired J-6s and J-7s. Would be good fodder for expending or forcing revealation of opponent SAMs.

UAV converted J-6s have the canopy deleted where as the J-7s still retain them so look the same as regular J-7s. Can google it up.
milit113.jpg

Don't you think that it will be a costly project as the air frames will need to be overhauled completely and then the making of drone procedure as its not as light weight as the actual drones.

Also some stealth features might also be needed for that or else they could be easily detected by the enemy radars.

Another point is they can't carry much payload so i don't think it will be feasible.

Thanks.

milit113.jpg

I thought only US had this technology till now even in that BETA stage.

Don't you think that it will be a costly project as the air frames will need to be overhauled completely and then the making of drone procedure as its not as light weight as the actual drones.

Also some stealth features might also be needed for that or else they could be easily detected by the enemy radars.

Another point is they can't carry much payload so i don't think it will be feasible.

Thanks.

I think you misunderstood the poster's point. The poster wasn't suggesting we use them as primarily as UCAVs but as DECOYS.
This is what was being suggested. The drones' only mission would be to probe the enemy's air defences and force them to expend their ammo. In some ways it would be better than the decoys in the video because they will be actual aircraft.

The cost of maintaining them to a state where they can be used as such still remains. Might not be feasible still.

I think you misunderstood the poster's point. The poster wasn't suggesting we use them as primarily as UCAVs but as DECOYS.
This is what was being suggested. The drones' only mission would be to probe the enemy's air defences and force them to expend their ammo. In some ways it would be better than the decoys in the video because they will be actual aircraft.

The cost of maintaining them to a state where they can be used as such still remains. Might not be feasible still.

Yes, as decoys it might be a good idea but again where can we get the money to finance such a project. Also now a days countries keep the missile Arsenal in Hundreds may be thousands.

Instead of that I like the idea of another user to make another force like Air National Guards or somethings?

Yes, as decoys it might be a good idea but again where can we get the money to finance such a project. Also now a days countries keep the missile Arsenal in Hundreds may be thousands.

Instead of that I like the idea of another user to make another force like Air National Guards or somethings?
They may have thousands of missiles but once they fire enough they will have to be reloaded AND their radars can now be targeted with anti radiation weapons.

The idea is that it'll be much cheaper to maintain as a decoy than as a jet with a pilot flying it regularly. That is of course IF it is even feasible.

This will be the fifth Squadron right?

Can someone confirm how many planes does CCS squadron has?
How many total JF-17 are active till now?
Yes This will be the fifth squadron including CCS Dashings.

CCS Dashings has 6 Thunders
Around 80 are operational in Pakistan Air Force

Yes This will be the fifth squadron including CCS Dashings.

CCS Dashings has 6 Thunders
Around 80 are operational in Pakistan Air Force

Just a noob question., does this means thats CCS Dashings has more than 1 type of aircraft in their squadron?

Also how do you divide these 80 thunders in 3 full and 1 CCS squadron?

google it up.
Number 26 sqdn's (Peshawar AB) A-5 are currently in active reserves and are maintained in a flying condition. You can see them lined up against the taxiway if you have a flight to or from Peshawar airport.

What improvement in capabilities does the block 2 thunder offer over the block 1?

it means that there are 22 sqds total in PAF?
Total 26 squadrons excluding Helicopters, UAVs and CCS squadrons

Explaination: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-air-force-news-discussions.8600/page-155#post-8042735

Just a noob question., does this means thats CCS Dashings has more than 1 type of aircraft in their squadron?

Also how do you divide these 80 thunders in 3 full and 1 CCS squadron?

CCS Dashings operate JF-17 alongside F-7PGs
CCS Skybolts operate F-16 alongside Mirage ROSE I

18 x 3 active squadron + 18 comming squadron + 6 CCS + some more produced

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom