What's new

Tail Choppers to re-equip with JF-17

JF-17s are good multirole fighters. They can be assigned the duty of interception. They will prove their worth in a battle. Hope that Block-IIs will be more agile as compared to Block-I

JF-17s are good multirole fighters. They can be assigned the duty of interception. They will prove their worth in a battle. Hope that Block-IIs will be more agile as compared to Block-I
The airframe and the engine remains the same between the two blocks. So don't think there is any difference agility wise.
The difference is with avionics and with weapons clearance (i-e which ordinance can be employed by the jet).
But all the block 1s are being upgraded to block 2 standard anyway so eventualy there will be no difference.

18 and 14 are two F7 p sqn left, 18 being OCU and 14 being regular, and 14 being at kamara looks like is the choice but both 18 and 14 will complete block II 50, ac Block III will start with Pg perhaps

18 and 14 are two F7 p sqn left, 18 being OCU and 14 being regular, and 14 being at kamara looks like is the choice but both 18 and 14 will complete block II 50, ac Block III will start with Pg perhaps

I think PG will be around for a while with just 14 years on the air-frame and relatively modern structure. it will soldier on for another 7 + years for sure. it has decent AI radar with PG delivery capability. after all F-7P/MP the focus will be on older mirages.

My 2 cents

But
The airframe and the engine remains the same between the two blocks. So don't think there is any difference agility wise.
The difference is with avionics and with weapons clearance (i-e which ordinance can be employed by the jet).
But all the block 1s are being upgraded to block 2 standard anyway so eventualy there will be no difference.
But i think there was a strengthening of wings due to which aircraft could take more stress ... Plus more composites and its TW ratio is now greater than one now (block1 had lower than 1) in clean configuration ... I think it should be more agile now ...

I think PG will be around for a while with just 14 years on the air-frame and relatively modern structure. it will soldier on for another 7 + years for sure. it has decent AI radar with PG delivery capability. after all F-7P/MP the focus will be on older mirages.

My 2 cents

The Order to replace older jets will be like:-
  • No. 14 Sqn Tail Choppers (F-7P)
  • No. 18 Sqn War Hawks (F-7P)
  • No. 08 Sqn Haiders (Mirage-5PA-3)
  • No. 15 Sqn Cobras (Mirage-3EP)
  • No. 22 Sqn Ghazis (Mirage-ROSE-I && Mirage-3O)
Any chances of change is between 08 and 15 squadrons. After these all only F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE series will remain operational...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom