What's new

T20 World Cup 2022

India can't send their players to overseas T20 leagues, their coach Rahul Dravid has said, because a lot of these leagues are played during India's domestic season. The topic came up when Dravid was asked whether India had been at a disadvantage during their semi-final defeat to England because their players don't have any BBL experience in Australia, while England's do, and if India would look to send players to the BBL in the future.

The tenuous link between the experience of playing the BBL in the Australian summer and doing well there in early spring conditions notwithstanding.

"I mean, sure, there's no doubt about it, the fact that England… a lot of their players have come here and played," Dravid said. "In this tournament, it certainly showed. It's tough. I think it's very difficult for Indian cricket because a lot of these tournaments happen right in the peak of our season.

KL Rahul is a blessing.... For the opponent. Can't think of a more overrated player in world cricket right now. He will score 100 in IPL and secure his place for the next 2 years.

Raat gai, baat gai !
mia-wake.jpeg

Rohit Sharma: "It's pretty disappointing how we turned up today. I thought we still batted pretty well at the back end to get to that score, but we were not good enough with the ball. It was definitely not a wicket where a team can come and chase it down in 16 overs. With the ball we didn't turn up today. When it comes to knockout stages, it's all about handling the pressure. Depends on the individual as well. You can't teach anyone to handle pressure. When these guys play the playoffs in the IPL and all that, those are high-pressure games, and they're able to handle it. The way we started with the ball was not ideal. We were a little nervy, but you have to give credit to the openers as well.
They played really well. When Bhuvi bowled the first over it swung today, but not from the right areas. We wanted to keep it tight, not give room, because square of the wicket was an area we were aware of - that's where the runs came today. If we keep it tight and the batsman still score runs, we'll take it. But we didn't do that today. In the game against Bangladesh it was tricky as well, but I thought we held our nerve that day, executed well."

9.40pm.. Visuals of Rohit Sharma in the dugout, looking utterly despondent. He struggled through this tournament: showed a lot of intent at the top of the order, but simply failed to find the fluency to match that intent. Tonight's innings was a culmination of that. India have come quite a way since last year's T20 World Cup, but the problem of not being able to force the pace against spin through the powerplay and early middle overs hasn't gone away at all.

Alex Hales, the Player of the Match: "A huge occasion, really happy with the way I played. I think this is one of the best grounds to bat in in the world. Great value to hit your shots with the short square boundaries, and a ground I have good memories at. I never thought I'd play in a World Cup again, and to get a chance is a special feeling. It's a country I love playing in. Jos was unbelievable out there."

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom