What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

@cabatli_53 Ive made a dedicated thread for you brother -still too much info scattered - kindly keep it updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
TAI started design/modification of a new variant of T-129 Atak called B2 to be manufactured in 2016 (Latest 21 T-129 Atak will be manufactured B2 variant). The take-off weight of B2 is planned to be increased between %5-%10 (max. 500kg), While new generation avionic systems/hardwares will be connected(!) to gain aprox. %50 lighter weight of current A version's avionics. Such efforts will make B2 to be able to carry more weapon payload and gained increased range. The Nose section will be re-designed/quite longer than standart A and B1 versions for Meteksan developed MMW radar integration.

Meteksan MMW radar

1-2-1.jpg

T-129A COIN attack helicopter(10)
T-129B1 Anti-Tank/Air Model (29)
T-129B2 Radar integrated,longer nose, Increased range, bigger payload variant (21)

T-129 Atak-A
atak-slide-image.png

After deliveries of the B2 versions finish it is expected that the previous 39 helicopters will be upgraded to B-2 standard.
On the wikipedia page it said that the first batch of T-129 is gonna use US hellfire missiles or Spike LR missiles.

Cirit and Umtas missiles are ready to be integrated on the T-129 right? So is the information on wikipedia regarding the Hellfire and Spike missiles still relevant?

Nice hardware. I hope Azerbaijan get these soon.

Azerbadijan Choses T-129 Over Mi-28 And AH-2
it says that Azerbaycan will buy 60 t129 atak helicopter insteed of russia and south african helis.
the production wil begin this year

On the wikipedia page it said that the first batch of T-129 is gonna use US hellfire missiles or Spike LR missiles.

Cirit and Umtas missiles are ready to be integrated on the T-129 right? So is the information on wikipedia regarding the Hellfire and Spike missiles still relevant?
That was the plan all along, from the very beginning of the project. Obviously Spike LR is out of the question now but AGM114 Hellfire is still available and later on JAGM could be considered.

UMTAS, ramjet version of UMTAS and Aselsan AVCI helmet will replace the TUC1 and all 91 helicopters in the end of the project; will fly with the same configuration.

I'm more interested in what Azerbaijan Land Forces' configuration will be. They'll probably buy some Roketsan Cirits right away

cirit_fuzesi.jpeg

there is only one thing left I guess which is a high-bandwidth data link for latest variants like B2 to control our unmanned aerial systems but sure this requires our UAS to be equipped with a tactical common data link as well. ultimatly, such a capability enables T129 crew to manipulate the UAS flight path, or to control the sensor package to acquire and track targets and even to designate and engage targets with UAS designators and weapons. here we are talking about net-centric interoperability... let's simplify it... I am almost sure that in the near future T-129 will be a flying control station for our armed Anka or Anka TP

therefore, theoretically speaking off course...laser-guided bombs or even JDAMs might be a part of T-129 armament or lets say (around) 7 more hardpoints :) for our T-129

@Quasar, Will happen bro
Fm Dr. Okuz

After 8 years after development contract, and 2 years of flight tests, and around 120 Million Dollars of R&D ANKA-A prototype accepted by Turkish Airforce.

It is the major success of Turkish Defense Industry, while European failed in MALE Class UAV business; Turkey has been successful. There are numerous countries are waiting for MoU and contracts for ANKA, some of them will be anounced in 2013.

With in 3-4 Months First Turkish contract to produce 10 ANKA-A will be signed, and I think it will be in inventory next year (orignally planned in 2013). I think first contract could exceed 150 Million Dollars.

But there are more works waiting for ANKA.

*Operational evaluations against anti-terrorism missions
*Cirit integration and flight test of ANKA-A
*Satellite Communication tests
*TAI new mission computer, actuators tests
*Even more structral changes to be tested
*TEI modified Thielert engine tests to be finished with in several months
*ANKA net-centric tests with Boeing-737 AWACS, Milgem, and T129
*ASELSAN developed ELINT/COMINT payload tests
*ASELSAN new generation FLIR tests
therefore, theoretically speaking off course...laser-guided bombs or even JDAMs might be a part of T-129 armament or lets say (around) 7 more hardpoints :) for our T-129
T129 can't carry that much payload, no attack helicopter can. But there will be a Turkish JAGM equivalent; a ramjet powered UMTAS version with a range of 15 kilometers.

@Quasar, Will happen bro

T129 can't carry that much payload, no attack helicopter can. But there will be a Turkish JAGM equivalent; a ramjet powered UMTAS version with a range of 15 kilometers.

there is only one thing left I guess which is a high-bandwidth data link for latest variants like B2 to control our unmanned aerial systems but sure this requires our UAS to be equipped with a tactical common data link as well. ultimatly, such a capability enables T129 crew to manipulate the UAS flight path, or to control the sensor package to acquire and track targets and even to designate and engage targets with UAS designators and weapons. here we are talking about net-centric interoperability... let's simplify it... I am almost sure that in the near future T-129 will be a flying control station for our armed Anka or Anka TP

as clearly seen in my post it is about net-centric interoperability...lets agin simplfy it... with such a capability T129 crew can designate and engage targets with ANKA TP's designators and weapons which may include laser-guided bombs or even JDAMs. this is the point of net-centric interoperability...for T-129 crew to release a laser-guided bombs or a JDAM to a target they dont realy need to cary the actual armament.

dear @Quasar, Thank you but I'm familiar with net-centric warfare. In this concept laser designation won't be necessary for remote targeting thanks to the datalink connection.

At one point T129 will launch an UMTAS-LR and somewhere within 15km range ANKA will do the targeting without emitting a laser beam on the target.

dear Legionnaire then obviosly you have a reading comprehension problem...since what you are trying to say has no connection with what I wrote...

Back
Top Bottom