What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

-TAI Atak test pilots qualification cources
-TAI Atak pilot oriantation cource
-TAI Atak mechanical maintenance crew cource
-TAI Atak avionic and weapon system training cources

tai-2.jpg

How is the T-129 project coming along? How many does Turkiye have as of yet?

Can someone get rid of this sucide troll. I don't want get my hand dirty with this retard.

I don't see the point in having two FLIRs anyway... it's just an unnecessary expense.

Ye, I dont see it necesarry to have 2 FLIR's either. But in the SuperCobra that Turkey has, and also on the Apache and the A-129, you see that the gunner have it's own camera (smaller than the main camera/FLIR).

The main question in my mind is, can the gunner and pilot lock on and engage/attack 2 different targets simultaneously on the T-129? For instance gunner attacks target A and pilot attacks target B (or ground troops) at the same time?

I dont see one of those smaller camera's on the T-129, then I assume the gunners camera is in the FLIR. In this case the gunner and pilot wouldn't be able to look at and engage 2 different targets at different directions?

TAI started design/modification of a new variant of T-129 Atak called B2 to be manufactured in 2016 (Latest 21 T-129 Atak will be manufactured B2 variant). The take-off weight of B2 is planned to be increased between %5-%10 (max. 500kg), While new generation avionic systems/hardwares will be connected(!) to gain aprox. %50 lighter weight of current A version's avionics. Such efforts will make B2 to be able to carry more weapon payload and gained increased range. The Nose section will be re-designed/quite longer than standart A and B1 versions for Meteksan developed MMW radar integration.

Meteksan MMW radar

1-2-1.jpg

T-129A COIN attack helicopter(10)
T-129B1 Anti-Tank/Air Model (29)
T-129B2 Radar integrated,longer nose, Increased range, bigger payload variant (21)

T-129 Atak-A
atak-slide-image.png

After deliveries of the B2 versions finish it is expected that the previous 39 helicopters will be upgraded to B-2 standard.

Back
Top Bottom