What's new

Syrian - Iraqi Turkmen Support Thread

Listen when it comes to agenda thats exactly my point those turkmens misguided and abused by others for their own agenda. but its definately not Turkey..

Iraq army retreated back to the south --

Kurds stand in the north..---

all these parties seem to act extremly carefull--

but than we have Turkmens who reclessly stand up declare some war and become target.. why?

i care for them trust me.. you on the other hand i dont think you care for turkmen or arabs or any other iraqis.
Declare some war?
it hurts my eyes to look at your posts.........
Türkmens are DEFENDING themselves against assholes who want to kill them for NO REASON.

Last edited by a moderator:
what about those leaked tapes about blaming isil and attacking them? in addition the army attacked an isil convoy before, if im not mistaken. i think the govt is not comfortable with isil, but just thinks militarily helping Turkmen is not worth the risks, thus unfortunately choosing the 'wait, hope for the best and see' game. we dont know what there is going on behind the scenes, so you could be well right, too. either way, it's messed up in a very sad way for those people.

you are forgetting that ISIL does what it needs and they're machiavellian right to the bones. they had relations with Assad, had truce and sold him oil. they had truce with YPG/PKK in northern syria, even helped them on several occasions and these days have some kind of understanding with kurds of iraq. now they're attacking PKK, they attacked SAA in homs, SAA 17th division HQ in rakka, will possibly attack brigade 93 (or 94? don't remember) near ayn issa and also stormed government buildings in hasakah. turks destroying one ISIL technical after it opened fire on turkish troops is understandable and is a standart reaction. on the grounds of ISIL being SOB, it might be that they're now working with govt. for reasons known only to them.

on helping turkmens, there isn't just military option and i don't support military solution. govt. might've built refugee camps as it did for syrians, or still can take care of them (but as half of them are shia, i'm afraid akp won't do shit to help them). one iraqi turkmen told me "turkey sold us big time, it just left us for dead." before akp, both turkish govt and military helped them a lot. they sent ammo, weapons for ITC self defence brigade, brought lots and lots of turkmen youth to turkey, gave them bursary, bought ITC a building in the center of ankara, tried to make solid connections with turkmen brethren. AFAIK, after akp came, these programs slowly degraded. don't know its current state though. it can be said akp sold turkmens for kurds and their oil.

P.S. interestingly, in the past two weeks or so, ISIL also attacked and destroyed several military radars in qalamoun and daraa regions ;)

Last edited:
i'm sure turkeys gov would totally support them if they were willing to somehow fight iran or if they were pathetic enough to support isis but they are suffering because they have dignity and didn't want to be anyone s puppet. turkmens are victims of terrorist supporters.

Declare some war?
You are so retarded that it hurts my eyes to look at your posts.........
Türkmens are DEFENDING themselves against assholes who want to kill them for NO REASON.

Please try not to insult i am not used to this way of talking

I have no idea how you ahiskas treat eachother in your homes but such words considered offensive in my culture.

Anyway what i meant with declaring war is they were showing of force with figters and weapons and declared to be ready to fight.. etc.

You called me retarded but you can declare war to defend yourself it would be a defensive war but in the end you decide to confront the enemy thats my point..

I am 100% sure you wont get my simple argument again and answer me with another weird comment.

Again my point was avoid clashes at all cost

Peshmerga did so.. They only battled when there was no other choise.

The shia arabs did so too

The army did same and run..

Those groups are far stronger than a bunch of turkmen militias/civilians yet they avoid..

Do you understand my point..

But the make clear i am not holding anyone from having a fight i just believe the timing and at this stage it is not in their own interest to do so..

whoever convince himself otherwise can simply go there and prove me wrong..?

Last edited by a moderator:
how do these people protect themselves? are they protected by Iraqi govt or did they arm themselves? nice humanitarian aid, but i dont want these people to die a few months later at the hands of isis due lack of weapons/protection

how do these people protect themselves? are they protected by Iraqi govt or did they arm themselves? nice humanitarian aid, but i dont want these people to die a few months later at the hands of isis due lack of weapons/protection
Kirkuk Turkmen Seek Peshmerga Protection, Ready to Fight ISIS

KIRKUK, Kurdistan Region—Kirkuk’s Turkmen population are counting on the Kurdish Peshmerga forces for protection, said Najat Hussein of the Turkmen bloc and former member of Kirkuk Provincial Council on Friday, a day after the Kurdish president visited the multiethnic city.

“We (Turkmens) are 95 percent dependent on the Peshmerga forces,” Hussein told Rudaw. “We thank Peshmerga forces for their coming to Kirkuk ad we are ready to fight alongside them.”

Hussein said that the deployment of Kurdish forces in and around Kirkuk was essential for the safety of the Turkmen minority who are mostly Shiites and fear attacks by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“While the Peshmerga are all Kurds, their duty is to protect everyone,” he said. “The Peshmerga have proven in the last two weeks that they don’t only work for the Kurds, but for all the ethnics and sects of Kirkuk.”

Hussein’s comments resonated with a statement by Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani who said during his visit to Kirkuk on Thursday, “My visit here is to meet with military, security and political parties and about how to protect Kirkuk and how to make it an example of ethnic and religious coexistence.”

Kirkuk’s Turkmen population occupy important posts in the local government and despite past political disputes with the Kurds, they have now found a common adversary in the Sunni militants who make Shiites and their places of worship a primary target.

“We Turkmen have the same fate as Kurds,” said Hussein. “Now is not the time to talk about the future of Kirkuk, this should be delayed for after this situation.”

In the past several years Turkmen religious ceremonies have been targeted by suicide bombers in Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmatu, claiming many lives.

In a latest attack last week, the head of Kirkuk provincial council, Munir al-Kafili, a Turkmen, was gunned down in the city center by unknown armed men.

Also in the past two weeks, ISIS fighters have launched several attacks against Turkmen villages south of Kirkuk, mainly Bashir village, leading to fierce clashes with Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

Turkmen leaders in Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmatu had asked the Iraqi government earlier this year to form a Turkmen self-defense militia which received a cold response from Baghdad.

According to Hussein however, the Turkmen have now “received certain quantity of weapons from the central government by plane in coordination with the governor of Kirkuk.”

He said that the 1,000 Turkmen armed men are willing to the fight against the Islamic militants.

Hussein urged unity among Kirkuk’s different ethnic groups in the face of the ISIS whom he called “the enemy of all.”

“It’s no time for political differences among the parties of Kirkuk,” he said. “We need to set aside the differences because the enemy has targeted all of us, including Kurds, Turkmens, Arabs, Shia and Sunnis.”

:(

KIRKUK, Kurdistan Region—Kirkuk’s Turkmen population are counting on the Kurdish Peshmerga forces for protection, said Najat Hussein of the Turkmen bloc and former member of Kirkuk Provincial Council on Friday, a day after the Kurdish president visited the multiethnic city.

“We (Turkmens) are 95 percent dependent on the Peshmerga forces,” Hussein told Rudaw. “We thank Peshmerga forces for their coming to Kirkuk ad we are ready to fight alongside them.”

Hussein said that the deployment of Kurdish forces in and around Kirkuk was essential for the safety of the Turkmen minority who are mostly Shiites and fear attacks by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“While the Peshmerga are all Kurds, their duty is to protect everyone,” he said. “The Peshmerga have proven in the last two weeks that they don’t only work for the Kurds, but for all the ethnics and sects of Kirkuk.”

Hussein’s comments resonated with a statement by Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani who said during his visit to Kirkuk on Thursday, “My visit here is to meet with military, security and political parties and about how to protect Kirkuk and how to make it an example of ethnic and religious coexistence.”

Kirkuk’s Turkmen population occupy important posts in the local government and despite past political disputes with the Kurds, they have now found a common adversary in the Sunni militants who make Shiites and their places of worship a primary target.

“We Turkmen have the same fate as Kurds,” said Hussein. “Now is not the time to talk about the future of Kirkuk, this should be delayed for after this situation.”

In the past several years Turkmen religious ceremonies have been targeted by suicide bombers in Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmatu, claiming many lives.

In a latest attack last week, the head of Kirkuk provincial council, Munir al-Kafili, a Turkmen, was gunned down in the city center by unknown armed men.

Also in the past two weeks, ISIS fighters have launched several attacks against Turkmen villages south of Kirkuk, mainly Bashir village, leading to fierce clashes with Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

Turkmen leaders in Kirkuk and Tuz Khurmatu had asked the Iraqi government earlier this year to form a Turkmen self-defense militia which received a cold response from Baghdad.

According to Hussein however, the Turkmen have now “received certain quantity of weapons from the central government by plane in coordination with the governor of Kirkuk.”

He said that the 1,000 Turkmen armed men are willing to the fight against the Islamic militants.

Hussein urged unity among Kirkuk’s different ethnic groups in the face of the ISIS whom he called “the enemy of all.”

“It’s no time for political differences among the parties of Kirkuk,” he said. “We need to set aside the differences because the enemy has targeted all of us, including Kurds, Turkmens, Arabs, Shia and Sunnis.”

just a theory, but the opportunist Kurds could be able to use this 'protection' card as a leverage against Turkmen after the conflict is over, claiming territory or whatever. Why would they do it for free and put their own militia in risk?

lol you are quoting RUDAW
Turkmen Front party stated on TV that they are against all the opportunist moves of KRG

other information
locals have started forming cells to fight ISIS after they destroyed several historical sites, 20+ ISIS have been killed double that wounded and several arrested according to other sources.

Rudaw LOL. According to one of their newsletters, 15 peshmerga SF killed 200 ISIL militants in 2 hour firefight LOL

Iraqi Turkmen leader slams Turkic states' lack of support

While thanking the Turkish government for their support, Iraqi Turkmen leader Ersad Salihi slammed the Turkish opposition, Central Asian states and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus for a lack of support.

World Bulletin / News Desk

Iraqi Turkmen Front leader Ersad Salihi has thanked Turkey for its support after the political crisis in Iraq has left the three million-strong community in a three-way cross-fire between the Baghdad-based central government, the Erbil-based Iraqi Kurdish government and rebels belonging to the self-styled Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

After meeting with Turkey's Foreign Affairs undersecretary Feridun Sinirlioglu in Ankara, Ersad Salihi praised the Turkish government for looking out for the Iraqi Turkmen population, amid criticism from Turkey's right-wing opposition leader Devlet Bahceli that the government was not doing enough to help the ethnic Turkmens of Iraq. Brushing the National Movement Party (MHP) leader's criticism off as being nothing more than the uttering of nationalistic slogans, Salihi accused the Turkish opposition of not doing anything to help their cause and using the situation as a mere propaganda tool for the upcoming Turkish presidential elections.

Salihi also condemned Turkic states in Central Asia for not helping their fellow Turks in Iraq. Blaming Azerbaijan and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) for their silence particularly, Salihi said: “The only country supporting us is Turkey. Despite all our pleas and requests sent via Ankara, the Turkic republics in Central Asia have not supported us, nor have they brought our case to the international arena.”

Referring to the war between Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots over four decades ago, Salihi added: “Back in 1974, we told our ethnic brethren in Cyprus that we were ready to fight alongside the Turkish Cypriots,” expressing his disappointment with the TRNC government.

The Iraqi Turkmens, who after Arabs and Kurds make up Iraq's third largest ethnic group, have seen their main city Kirkuk fall under the occupation of the Kurdish Peshmerga (armed forces) ever since ISIL rebels and aligned Sunni Arab tribes overran Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, on June 10.

While the autonomous Kurdish Regional Government of northern Iraq insists that it has only occupied the oil-rich city of Kirkuk as a precaution against advancing ISIL rebels, Iraqi Turkmens, who have made a demand for their own autonomy in the city, fear that the Kurdish forces are there to stay.

As Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani pushes for a referendum in northern Iraqi for independence, the Iraqi Turkmen Front has called to arms to defend themselves against ISIL attacks. A number of Iraqi Turkmens have already fled Tuzkhormatu, Tal Afar and Mosul after the ISIL conducted massacres in the region.

Iraqi Turkmen leader slams Turkic states' lack of support | Iraq | Worldbulletin News

It looks like Turkey will have many people seeking asylum soon, ISIS has took several towns including Sinjar from the Kurds, the ones who fled to the Kurdish controlled area are fleeing again.

ISIS threatened they will attack Mosul dam soon, if they control that dam they will destroy it just like they did with the Fallujah dam. Then all of Mosul will be under water together with other cities, a huge disaster.

--

ISIS militants capture another Iraqi town | MidEast | Daily Sabah

Last edited:
It looks like Turkey will have many people seeking asylum soon, ISIS has took several towns including Sinjar from the Kurds, the ones who fled to the Kurdish controlled area are fleeing again.

ISIS threatened they will attack Mosul dam soon, if they control that dam they will destroy it just like they did with the Fallujah dam. Then all of Mosul will be under water together with other cities, a huge disaster.
What about the Iraqi army? is significant progress made against isil? I worry that if the situation becomes too dire, maybe US and/or neighbouring countries would like to take military action

What about the Iraqi army? is significant progress made against isil? I worry that if the situation becomes too dire, maybe US and/or neighbouring countries would like to take military action

There is progress and a lot of ISIS killed but they are not holding major operations for some reason. Theres no point in moving in with a lot of forces, ISIS will hide among civillians and their guerilla warfare will continue. The locals standing up against them is required which is happening in Mosul. Volunteers are being trained by militia's and have been dropped North in some city.

If they want the can hold a large offensive but many soldiers will die and end up captured since their training is bad.
The situation for Kurdish forces is similar, bad training, little weaponry & ammo and they have very little experience since they have had no fighting for a long time.

USA under Obama won't do anything

Back
Top Bottom