What's new

Syrian - Iraqi Turkmen Support Thread

@ rmi5

STFU and don't represent me like i'm not...

Dude, which post you are referring to? Anyway, I have probably said what I thought about your usual comments and thoughts.

@ rmi5

I don't even look at these kind of threads... I don't want to enter these kind of discussions but somehow i saw your post...

You are blaming me to be against Türkmens... Wtf ?..

Anyways it will be better if you don't talk about me in this way...

@ rmi5

I don't even look at these kind of threads... I don't want to enter these kind of discussions but somehow i saw your post...

You are blaming me to be against Türkmens... Wtf ?..

Anyways it will be better if you don't talk about me in this way...

So far, My perception about you has been that you care more about religion of a person than being a turk or his/her nationality. I respect your opinions, whatever they are, and maybe I am wrong about you. I am not the god, and I am not inside your head. But, at least, that's what I think about you, and some few others like @[TR]Ahmet
I am not blaming anyone, including you and myself, for his/her personal opinions.

Guys you have some wrongs and some lack about your comments....

I can correct and fill these but as you know i just wanna stay out of it...

So keep me out of your discussions...

Thx...

Interesting that the guys that turkey heavily support(Isis) are now coming back to hurt their interests..... talk about a plan backfiring

Last edited:
TURKEY BUILDS CAMP FOR IRAQ'S DISPLACED TURKMEN​

Turkey has begun building a new refugee camp for 20,000 Iraqi Turkmen in northern Iraq, the Turkish emergency management authority has said. The new camp, announced Thursday by the Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate, will be near Duhok and will only hold Turkmen.

More than 10,000 Turkmen families have fled their homes since the self pro-claimed Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, began targeting Turkmen-populated cities in June, according to the International Organization for Migration. Meanwhile, the Turkish emergency management agency has also announced that 103 aid trucks have been sent to northern Iraq.

Turkey builds camp for Iraq's displaced Turkmen | Nation | Daily Sabah

TURKEY BUILDS CAMP FOR IRAQ'S DISPLACED TURKMEN​

Turkey has begun building a new refugee camp for 20,000 Iraqi Turkmen in northern Iraq, the Turkish emergency management authority has said. The new camp, announced Thursday by the Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate, will be near Duhok and will only hold Turkmen.

More than 10,000 Turkmen families have fled their homes since the self pro-claimed Islamic State, formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, began targeting Turkmen-populated cities in June, according to the International Organization for Migration. Meanwhile, the Turkish emergency management agency has also announced that 103 aid trucks have been sent to northern Iraq.

Turkey builds camp for Iraq's displaced Turkmen | Nation | Daily Sabah

Iraqi Turkmens ask for arms from West, demanding equal treatment

Iraqi Turkmens, one of the largest minority communities affected by the violence in Iraq, are demanding arms to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a prominent leader of the ethnic group has said as the West begins funneling arms to the Kurds.

Arshad al-Salihi, the head of the Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITC), warned that the Unites States and European Union’s increasing armed support for the Kurdish peshmerga forces could start to change the dynamics in the region.

“The U.S. and EU’s provision of arms support for the Kurds is a good and positive step against the terrorist organization ISIL. However, this help shouldn’t only be lent to Kurds, Turkmens also should be given arms support,” al-Salihi told daily Hürriyet.

The Turkmen leader, who had previously said they would not ask for weapons support from Turkey or any other country, said that if the support was only limited to the Kurds, it would be an indication that there are “other plans and games” behind the decision.

The West’s stance on supporting the Kurds could be motivated by “plans to divide Iraq into three parts that consist of a Shiite region in the south, a strengthened Kurdish region in the north and a Sunni region in the central Iraq,” he said.

Al-Salihi also said the creation of a special region for Christians and Yazidis on the Nineveh plane could be part of the plans.

The Turkmens will no longer be able to live together and access land if these plans are realized, according to the Turkmen leader.

“It is imposable for us to accept such an understanding,” he said.

He also called on international organizations not to overlook the problems of the Turkmens, claiming that “Turkmens have suffered the biggest life and property loss in Iraq.”

“It wouldn’t be a right approach for the United Nations Security Council to view only Christians and Yazidis as the groups to be helped in Iraq,” he said.

Iraqi Turkmens ask for arms from West, demanding equal treatment - MIDEAST

Iraqi Turkmens request arms to fight ISIL rebels

Iraqi Turkmen Front leader Ersad Salihi has called on the West to send arms to Iraqi Turkmen in northern Iraq in order to fight off advances by the self-proclaimed 'Islamic State', otherwise known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which has been making gains in the region, forcing thousands to flee their homes.

The Iraqi Turkmen leader's demand comes after the West announces it would be sending arms to the Iraqi Kurds to defend their autonomous regional government, centered in the city of Erbil, from attacks by the rebel group, which is backed by Sunni Arab tribes.

However, Salihi warned that the Unites States and European Union’s armed support for the Kurdish peshmerga forces could change the dynamics in the region, calling for these arms to only be temporarily “lent” to Kurds while also doing the same for the Turkmens.

Speaking to Turkey's daily Hurriyet, Salihi said that if the support was given to the Kurds alone, it would indicate that there are “other plans and games” being played in the region to divide Iraq into three separate states - a Shiite region in the south, a Kurdish region in the north and a Sunni region in the central Iraq.

Fearing that such an agreement would leave no place for the Turkmens, Salihi said “It is imposable for us to accept such an understanding,” adding that Turkmens have already suffered the biggest loss of life and property in Iraq.

Salihi also didn't rule out a fourth state being carved out of Iraqi for Christian and Yazidi minorities, and at the same time demanded the same level of concern for the Turkmens. “It wouldn’t be a right approach for the United Nations Security Council to view only Christians and Yazidis as the groups to be helped in Iraq,” he told Hurriyet.

The Iraqi Turkmens, who after Arabs and Kurds make up Iraq's third largest ethnic group, have seen their main city Kirkuk fall under the occupation of the Kurdish peshmerga forces ever since rebels overran Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, on June 10.

While the autonomous Kurdish Regional Government of northern Iraq insists that it has only occupied the oil-rich city of Kirkuk as a precaution against advancing rebels, Iraqi Turkmens, who have made a demand for their own autonomy in the city, fear that the Kurdish forces are there to stay.

As Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani pushes for a referendum in northern Iraqi for independence, the Iraqi Turkmen Front has called to arms to defend themselves against rebel attacks. A number of Iraqi Turkmens have already fled Tuzkhormatu, Tal Afar and Mosul after the rebels conducted massacres in the region.

Iraqi Turkmens request arms to fight ISIL rebels | Iraq | Worldbulletin News

Iraqi Turkmens ask for arms from West, demanding equal treatment

Iraqi Turkmens, one of the largest minority communities affected by the violence in Iraq, are demanding arms to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), a prominent leader of the ethnic group has said as the West begins funneling arms to the Kurds.

Arshad al-Salihi, the head of the Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITC), warned that the Unites States and European Union’s increasing armed support for the Kurdish peshmerga forces could start to change the dynamics in the region.

“The U.S. and EU’s provision of arms support for the Kurds is a good and positive step against the terrorist organization ISIL. However, this help shouldn’t only be lent to Kurds, Turkmens also should be given arms support,” al-Salihi told daily Hürriyet.

The Turkmen leader, who had previously said they would not ask for weapons support from Turkey or any other country, said that if the support was only limited to the Kurds, it would be an indication that there are “other plans and games” behind the decision.

The West’s stance on supporting the Kurds could be motivated by “plans to divide Iraq into three parts that consist of a Shiite region in the south, a strengthened Kurdish region in the north and a Sunni region in the central Iraq,” he said.

Al-Salihi also said the creation of a special region for Christians and Yazidis on the Nineveh plane could be part of the plans.

The Turkmens will no longer be able to live together and access land if these plans are realized, according to the Turkmen leader.

“It is imposable for us to accept such an understanding,” he said.

He also called on international organizations not to overlook the problems of the Turkmens, claiming that “Turkmens have suffered the biggest life and property loss in Iraq.”

“It wouldn’t be a right approach for the United Nations Security Council to view only Christians and Yazidis as the groups to be helped in Iraq,” he said.

Iraqi Turkmens ask for arms from West, demanding equal treatment - MIDEAST

Iraqi Turkmens request arms to fight ISIL rebels

Iraqi Turkmen Front leader Ersad Salihi has called on the West to send arms to Iraqi Turkmen in northern Iraq in order to fight off advances by the self-proclaimed 'Islamic State', otherwise known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), which has been making gains in the region, forcing thousands to flee their homes.

The Iraqi Turkmen leader's demand comes after the West announces it would be sending arms to the Iraqi Kurds to defend their autonomous regional government, centered in the city of Erbil, from attacks by the rebel group, which is backed by Sunni Arab tribes.

However, Salihi warned that the Unites States and European Union’s armed support for the Kurdish peshmerga forces could change the dynamics in the region, calling for these arms to only be temporarily “lent” to Kurds while also doing the same for the Turkmens.

Speaking to Turkey's daily Hurriyet, Salihi said that if the support was given to the Kurds alone, it would indicate that there are “other plans and games” being played in the region to divide Iraq into three separate states - a Shiite region in the south, a Kurdish region in the north and a Sunni region in the central Iraq.

Fearing that such an agreement would leave no place for the Turkmens, Salihi said “It is imposable for us to accept such an understanding,” adding that Turkmens have already suffered the biggest loss of life and property in Iraq.

Salihi also didn't rule out a fourth state being carved out of Iraqi for Christian and Yazidi minorities, and at the same time demanded the same level of concern for the Turkmens. “It wouldn’t be a right approach for the United Nations Security Council to view only Christians and Yazidis as the groups to be helped in Iraq,” he told Hurriyet.

The Iraqi Turkmens, who after Arabs and Kurds make up Iraq's third largest ethnic group, have seen their main city Kirkuk fall under the occupation of the Kurdish peshmerga forces ever since rebels overran Mosul, Iraq's second largest city, on June 10.

While the autonomous Kurdish Regional Government of northern Iraq insists that it has only occupied the oil-rich city of Kirkuk as a precaution against advancing rebels, Iraqi Turkmens, who have made a demand for their own autonomy in the city, fear that the Kurdish forces are there to stay.

As Iraqi Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani pushes for a referendum in northern Iraqi for independence, the Iraqi Turkmen Front has called to arms to defend themselves against rebel attacks. A number of Iraqi Turkmens have already fled Tuzkhormatu, Tal Afar and Mosul after the rebels conducted massacres in the region.

Iraqi Turkmens request arms to fight ISIL rebels | Iraq | Worldbulletin News

Turkmens... asking arms from West...Shame on you Tayyip.

can you update us about Iraqi Turkmen situation?

Small town Amirli has a Turkmen majority, 400 locals men & women are defending themselves and the entry to several other villages.

10532932_1453604834912244_5942303167755385060_n.jpg

10615508_771036199599864_6132033814933359346_n.jpg

Real bad that old women have to do that in the ~45 degrees sun

Small town Amirli has a Turkmen majority, 400 locals men & women are defending themselves and the entry to several other villages.

10532932_1453604834912244_5942303167755385060_n.jpg

10615508_771036199599864_6132033814933359346_n.jpg

Real bad that old women have to do that in the ~45 degrees sun
damn.. has it come so far for certain Turkmens? why dont these people, i mean older ones, or all together if the situation is that dire and hopeles, escape to Turkey?

Back
Top Bottom