What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

The payload of the Tu-22 is 24 tons of bombs and cruise missiles, you call that useless?
You wish that Israel could have a bomber like that with that range to easily reach Iran.

By the way, those who think Tu-22 bombings are something mega powerful:

CUGXVrrWIAESWzB.png

Each dropped 12 500-pound dumb bombs. Here Vietnam era F-4 fighter with 18 500-pound bombs:

View attachment 273106

These dropped these dumb bombs into clouds with zero visibility.

CUGUTjuWcAEJsIj.png

Totally useless.

Putin: “To forgive the terrorists is up to God, but to send them to him is up to me.” Sweet mercy.

The Putin rap: A.M.G. - "Go Hard Like Vladimir Putin" с переводом

These dropped these dumb bombs into clouds with zero visibility.

CUGUTjuWcAEJsIj.png

Totally useless.
oh, come on

probably dropped at precise GPS/glonass coordinates

hope they killed a bunch of jihadis (which is also overall good for you guys, right?)

oh, come on

hope they killed a bunch of jihadis (which is also overall good for you guys, right?)

That's right. The fire control is auto pilot + GPS. When plane over target, the auto pilot immediately releases bombs, faster and more accurately than any human pilot can do.

Russia Iran captured Jamayliya from rebels in eastern Aleppo province

Syrian Army Captures Jamayliyah in East Aleppo

The payload of the Tu-22 is 24 tons of bombs and cruise missiles, you call that useless?
You wish that Israel could have a bomber like that with that range to easily reach Iran.
Maybe it can carry even 24,000 tons of bombs. But what they actually dropped was 12 250-kg dumb bombs = 3 tons. Vietnam era F-4 fighter can drop more. Su-24 and Su-34 stationed in Latakia some 30 km away could also drop more with higher accuracy. So what was the point to bring Tu-22 from thousands miles away except the propaganda?

oh, come on

Still the accuracy of level dropped dumb bombs is hundreds meters. Totally useless vs. insurgency.

Still the accuracy of level dropped dumb bombs is hundreds meters. Totally useless vs. insurgency.
all good if it creates panic in the jihadi ranks, better still if it kills a bunch of them or takes out their infrastructure

Its complicated. Jihadis are now working in favor of western and Israeli interests. Isreal dont want to see any strong neighbor around it. So every Jihadis fighting against Assad are assets for Israel. The Jihadis not only annihilating anti Israeli Assad but also anti Israeli Iran and Hezbullah. Palestinian refugees also got slaughtered. Its win win situation for Israel with multiple positive outcome. If Assad regime is toppled, all kinds of jihadi fanatics will take over Syria. And they will turn towards Israel too but clearing those weak people will be easier task for Israel.

Its complicated. Jihadis are now working in favor of western and Israeli interests. Isreal dont want to see any strong neighbor around it. So every Jihadis fighting against Assad are assets for Israel. The Jihadis not only annihilating anti Israeli Assad but also anti Israeli Iran and Hezbullah. Palestinian refugees also got slaughtered. Its win win situation for Israel with multiple positive outcome. If Assad regime is toppled, all kinds of jihadi fanatics will take over Syria. And they will turn towards Israel too but clearing those weak people will be easier task for Israel.

If mujahids take over Syria, Nusra will do to Israel the unthinkable. @500 will cry. Never cheer for mujahids.

how does it compare to JASSM?

the cruise missiles that were launched by Tu-160 are actually Kh-101s
I am not sure if it's even fair to compare much bigger Kh-101 to JASSM-ER

a more comparable cruise missile is AGM-86C/D , both have similar range and stealth characteristics
B-52 however carries 12 AGM-86Cs on external hardpoints and a single full clip of 8 AGM-86C/D in internal bay

while latest photos show Tu-95 only carries 8 on external hardpoints and a single full clip of 6 in internal bay , Tu-160 has 2 full clips in internal bay and lacks the external hardpoints.

I truly don't understand Israel's game here, with Assad they had peace at the border, correct me if I'm wrong but he never made a military play at regaining the golan ? peace and status quo for so long, what could they have against Syria ? those guys were never a radicalized extremist mullah society like the sauds.

maybe to weaken Iran's ally ?

good luck to Israel, they probably know better than anyone just how bad these syrian rebel scum is.. when the time comes, they'll pull the trigger and eliminate nusra and al tawheed and the hundreds of other disgusting groups of terrorist pigs.

all I know for sure is that I'm not buying any of the "evil dictator and poor civvies being bombed" bullshit :lol:

If mujahids take over Syria, Nusra will do to Israel the unthinkable. @500 will cry. Never cheer for mujahids.

They may not last that long to reach for Israel. IS, Nusra, other Islamic fronts and FSA will annihilate each other long before that.

I truly don't understand Israel's game here, with Assad they had peace at the border, correct me if I'm wrong but he never made a military play at regaining the golan ? peace and status quo for so long, what could they have against Syria ? those guys were never a radicalized extremist mullah society like the sauds.

But Israel is always trying to neutralize Syrian threat. For example operation Orchard so that Syria dont get hands on Nuke power.

Syrian rebels trying to shoot a bullet at Israel is as likely as existence of unicorns. Don't try to portray Syrian rebels (of which Nusra front is a true representation) as Israel enemies, they are not.

Russia bombs rebel illegal oil trade convoy

They may not last that long to reach for Israel. IS, Nusra, other Islamic fronts and FSA will annihilate each other long before that.

Mujahids group together when they go after kaffars. Army of Conquest is a recent example. Nusra and ISIS cooperated against Assad in recent weeks. When it comes to attacking Israel, all mujahids would work together. Never underestimate Mujahids and what they can do.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom