What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Don't move that back in history for once the whole world was without borders so nationalism in that sense will mean loving the whole world.
I am talking about the recent past and yes iraq did once constitute part of the greater sham
True, i just always thought it was from mid-iraq and eastwards rather than the whole area

Which Country should the people love
Iraq and Syria were once a single country called as-sham
so those who love as -sham will fight for the integrity of the whole .
Or
The present one
that was given to the people of Syria and Iraq by some great freshmen who shook hands with an Englishmen and said
this urs and this as mine.(Skyes-Picott)
Iraqis should love Iraq more than they hate the other sect (whichever one that happens to be) and Syrians should love Syria. Many countries were once the same country all over the world but in this instance, looking to the past won't help.

Iraq almost always had its own identity, much like Egypt. Except that this Shia Sunni sectarianism didn't affect it because its governments were historically secular or secular-leaning. Once the rule of law was out the door the paranoid hatred that had for so long been considered a fringe by the society suddenly became the norm (rule of law is very important as you see).

Ah, yes. The famous Dr.Thrax. Explaining the reality of Syria to clueless foreign/western commenters on the Internet :lol:

Trolls beware.

Oh and Islam is not as inclusive as you might think. If it were, there wouldn't be so much disagreement on what proper Islamic values and practices are among Muslims. This is evident most clearly in the Middle East and mostly Syria and Iraq, where different factions war with each other while each proclaiming to be mujahideen and yelling Allahu Akbar each time they kill a member of the other factions.

Nationalism doesn't promote those things, authoritarianism does. Nationalism as I see it is love of country and prioritizing prosperity and stability of that country rather than religious ideologies in which evil people who can play the part of spiritual leader can cause a lot of damage. Trust me, secularism and inclusiveness (true inclusiveness, that which ruling by any given version of Islam doesn't provide) is the best way to go, only my view though.
Islam is inclusive, it's just the interpretation. People have the choice to be inclusive, and it can be done. That's what we're trying to achieve right now, but Iran is trying to make this conflict as sectarian as possible, because if they can't have it their way no, they will burn Syria instead. That's why Assadists say "Assad or we burn the country."

Nationalism, unfortunately, does promote those things. There's two main reasons Saudis and Iranians hate each other - religious differences, and, nationalism. Both countries claim many of the same things and accuse each other of many accusations, many of which are true for both sides, but they still downplay their own fall-backs and increase the fall-backs of the other country significantly. That said, Saudi Arabia is still better than Iran. But nationalism plagues both countries, but much more so in Iran, hence why it's a worse country. No matter what type of Iranian it is, Shia, Jewish, Zoroastrian, Atheists, etc, (minus some anomalies among those ones and minus the Sunnis) they WILL hate an Arab for simply being Arab.

Nuraddin Zangi Brigade destroyed a T-55 in Handarat, north of Aleppo.

Meanwhile Hezbollah backed Assadists try to take Zabadani. On the other hand, IS repelled Assad assault in Palmyra. IS also defeated some Hezbollah gangs in Qusair and advanced in south of Homs city.

Jaish Fateh continues its siege in Kafraya and Fuah. Assadist NDF gangs are in retreat.

5 PKK members killed in suicide attack in Ayn al Arab.
4 PKK members killed in weapons depot explosion in Rumeilan, Hasakah Province.
32 PKK activists killed in an explosion in Suruc, southeastern Turkey.

Last edited:
At least 26 dead & more wounded by an Assad Scud attack which wiped out an entire block in al-Maghayeer district in Aleppo
"Assad or we burn the country", indeed. I wonder how long Assad has left - and how much of Syria will survive him.

Not really, the only way secular government can motivate people to get involved is nationalism, and nationalism promotes racism, bigotry, ignorance, egotism, etc. all behaviors that reject other societies.
Gross. America didn't need such things. America established its independence and self-government out of shared values of its people and a willingness to put these ahead of sectarian and personal power. (Israel very similar - indeed, it can be argued that America's Founding Fathers saw themselves as the "New Israel" and consciously selected Jews' values.) If you have the right value set, you don't have to depend upon racism and bigotry.

"Assad or we burn the country", indeed. I wonder how long Assad has left - and how much of Syria will survive him.

Gross. America didn't need such things. America established its independence and self-government out of shared values of its people and a willingness to put these ahead of sectarian and personal power. (Israel very similar - indeed, it can be argued that America's Founding Fathers saw themselves as the "New Israel" and consciously selected Jews' values.) If you have the right value set, you don't have to depend upon racism and bigotry.
Oh you couldn't have been more wrong.
Jews have good values, as do all Abrahamic religions, but to say that founding fathers called themselves a "new Israel" is very, very, wrong. There's a reason why there was a separation of church and state, it's because they didn't see themselves as a "new Israel." Also, what's with your obsession with Israel?
Anyways, there is also rampant nationalism in the United States, that's why there is still racism, bigotry, etc. against foreigners, immigrants, etc anyone who happens to look non-white and non-American, even among people who aren't racist in actions, it's still passively there due to society.

Back to topic: Protest in Hama 4 years ago.
Notice the flags being waved, and the chants being shouted: "The people, want, the downfall of the President!" (Al-sha'ab, ureed, iskat al ra'is.) It then transitions into "The people, want, the downfall of the Regime!" (Al-sha'ab, ureed, iskat al nizam.) Then they also praise Homs and other cities, as well as famous revolutionaries. Another chant is "Syrians raise your hands, we don't want Bashar!" (Al-souri yerfa' idoo, Bashar ma bin reedo.) and "Hey, yallah, we will not bow down to anyone but Allah." (Hey, wo-yallah, ma-m nirka' illa la Allah.)
But obviously these were terrorist and western insinuated riots that were never peaceful and obviously didn't have high attendance, despite the video proving otherwise.

Last edited:

America's founding fathers were rather anti-Semitic actually, as was much of the western world back then. How times have changed..

Also, there was a lot of sectarian tensions in America's early years and even after that, which is why their secular government worked out so well. It could've easily divided them if they didn't separate church and state and prevented them from becoming anything significant in the world.

Oh you couldn't have been more wrong.
Jews have good values, as do all Abrahamic religions, but to say that founding fathers called themselves a "new Israel" is very, very, wrong. There's a reason why there was a separation of church and state, it's because they didn't see themselves as a "new Israel." Also, what's with your obsession with Israel?
Anyways, there is also rampant nationalism in the United States, that's why there is still racism, bigotry, etc. against foreigners, immigrants, etc anyone who happens to look non-white and non-American, even among people who aren't racist in actions, it's still passively there due to society.

Back to topic: Protest in Hama 4 years ago.
Notice the flags being waved, and the chants being shouted: "The people, want, the downfall of the President!" (Al-sha'ab, ureed, iskat al ra'is.) It then transitions into "The people, want, the downfall of the Regime!" (Al-sha'ab, ureed, iskat al nizam.) Then they also praise Homs and other cities, as well as famous revolutionaries. Another chant is "Syrians raise your hands, we don't want Bashar!" (Al-souri yerfa' idoo, Bashar ma bin reedo.) and "Hey, yallah, we will not bow down to anyone but Allah." (Hey, wo-yallah, ma-m nirka' illa la Allah.)
But obviously these were terrorist and western insinuated riots that were never peaceful and obviously didn't have high attendance, despite the video proving otherwise.
America is much better with regards to racism than so much of the Arab world. You know this even if you don't admit it. The way that many Arabs treat those of African descent is disgraceful, much more so than anything that happens here. Racism and bigotry are highlighted here because it's a society that always evaluates itself and tries to advance despite how much the more hateful parts of the populace resist those advances.

America's founding fathers were rather anti-Semitic actually, as was much of the western world back then. How times have changed..

Also, there was a lot of sectarian tensions in America's early years and even after that, which is why their secular government worked out so well. It could've easily divided them if they didn't separate church and state and prevented them from becoming anything significant in the world.

America is much better with regards to racism than so much of the Arab world. You know this even if you don't admit it. The way that many Arabs treat those of African descent is disgraceful, much more so than anything that happens here. Racism and bigotry are highlighted here because it's a society that always evaluates itself and tries to advance despite how much the more hateful parts of the populace resist those advances.
I know America is much better, I have actually admitted this. Arabs are very racist and that is a massive problem, but that still doesn't mean racism is a problem here, it still is a huge problem. Back in November/December when I first joined, I stated this on the thread, and got lots of hate for it, especially from anti-Arab and anti-Revolution trolls on here.

It looks like no body has an answer why do the foreign 'advisers', 'protectors of the lost shrine', 'resisters', 'volunteers' or whatever nonsensical term you use, why do they attack the rebels rather than Da'ish in Al-Raqqa, Tadmur, Al-Hasaka or Deir Al-Zour ?, those are the orphans of the last rebel-held district in Homs, and reason why the 'moderate resistance' leveled large areas of the city :

WARNING: Shiites of Ameer Al-Mu'mineen (as), please, for the love of Ahlul-Bayt (as) do NOT watch or read anything, you may lose your head at some point and we'll be blamed for it.

#Homs: Your Happiness is Our Eid | Besieged, Rebel-Held Al-Wa'er District
- July 18th, 2015
Summary :
(01:25) - Little 'zionists' are training, some of the lyrics are :
"To Heaven We Will Go ... Martyrs in the Millions" - "عـالـجنــة رايـحـين ... شـهـداء بالـمـلايـيـن"
Those were ones of the first lyrics used by the people of Dar'a in 2011 after they had been massacred several times and some children were killed. They never said 'Alawites to grave ... Christians to Lebanon', they just said that they (Sunnis) are going to Heaven by millions, no one else was going anywhere.
(02:35) - The same little 'zionists' are training, this time performing the 'foreign' Da'ishi dance.
(08:54) - A little 'zionist' reads some of Surat Yaseen, unfortunately, I'm surprised that the Holy Qur'an has become a sign of being 'immoderate | terrorist | Islamist', that's the logic of those who consider themselves 'moderate Muslims' of an 'Islamic' country.
Should have sung anything from scums like Haifa Wehbe to prove herself not 'Wahhabi' for those 'moderate Muslims' and the wannabe 'heroes' | 'resisters'.
(12:27) - The same 'Takfiris' are performing, the remix version of the stinky Saleel Al-Sawarim 'nasheed' can be heard in the background. Don't forget about that 'evil' flag in the background which is a million times worse than that of Da'ish.
(13:38) - Beware!, a bearded guy!.
(13:42) - A woman in a blue jeans, it looks like the 'brothers' of Taliban are not as 'good' as Taliban. They forgot to 'crucify' her.

You know what being 'moderate' is all about ?, it is when you scratch the head of your child and enjoy seeing them bleed. Have so much blood ?, I'd suggest volunteering but don't tell me that foreigners (Iranians | Afghans | Azerbaijanis | et alii) care for those orphans more than their parents, who had been killed by the barrels of compassion. These are the 'cannibals | terrorists' whom @Syrian Lion was so very happy to see them being killed and their homes being destroyed back in 2014 (here or here).
I dont believe Iraq was part of shaam, it was referred to as babylon in the early years
Iraq's Mawsil is a part of Sham, while Syria's Deir Al-Zour is a part of Iraq, everything was done by France and Britain :
DDEE.jpg

Author: Ali Al-Tantawi (Arabic: علي الطنطاوي)
Book title: Memories | Thikrayat (Arabic: ذكريات)
Volume: 4
Page(s): Partially from (152)

You can find the book here.
Jaws of the Lion knew English better than Syrian Lion (from what I remember,) and Syrian lion isn't banned so I don't see why he would make another account.
True. But I still don't know why would anyone rush into this thread with a pro-giraffe avatar ?, a recruited troll.
While SNHR is anti-Assad, they aren't biased.
I'd suggest Al-Alam and Press TV, they both are 'indigenous Syrian' and their HQs are in Tehran, 'Syria'.
Or a 'high quality news network' like Al-Masdar News which is a random website run by one sectarian clown whose name is Leith Abou Fadel :
V3_Hc_PV9q_400x400.jpg

He claims to be Aleppan and lives in Ayn Anoub, Lebanon (oh no he is 'not' exiled at all !). I can clearly see another goat thief up there.

@Dr.Thrax, do you have any idea what nasheed is being played at (12:30) ?, any help is highly appreciated and thank you anyway (btw it's a children nasheed :ashamed:).
Excellent post as usual sister. I wish you and your family a blessed Eid al-Fitr and holidays and may we soon see peace in Syria.
Thank you, everywhere insha'Allah.
Sorry for my late reply, I am too busy.

Last edited:
Breaking: Some sources claiming one Turkish soldier killed by mortar fire from ISIS held area in Syrian side of border. Reports of exchange of fire between 2 sides.

Turkish Armed Forces entered Syria advancing 5 to 9 km inside Syria. Some Turkmen villages have been secured.

Turkish Security Personnel are currently engaging ISIS inside Syria and PKK inside Turkey.

Ahrar Ash-Sham attacked and destroyed a BMP belonging to Assad gangs in Fuah, Idlib Province. Made serious advance against Assad thugs.

Note: Previous news about the clashes between Turkish soldiers and ISIS came largely untrue. It was some small scale border clash which caused one KIA per each side.

Turkish Armed Forces entered Syria advancing 5 to 9 km inside Syria. Some Turkmen villages have been secured. Turkish Security Personnel are currently engaging ISIS inside Syria and PKK inside Turkey.
One day after arranging for U.S. use of Incirlik, so now instead of bombing ISIS themselves they will be backing up Turkish forces. Can't be a coincidence...has this been Turkey's strategy all along, to get the Arabs to fight themselves to the death and then step in as the "savior" of the few survivors, backed by much more effective U.S. air support? Is this the new Ottoman Empire at work?

Back
Top Bottom