What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

The most detail Turkey ethnic map. The Kurd by taking Tel Abyad, took a lot of Arab land. Also Hatay province of Turkey appear more Arab/Alawite than Turks, so Kurd aspiration of a port is indeed difficult.

11.png

Tell me of one faction that has been successful against IS without any airsupport?
None.... though my point is different.

There is the thing in the Western media like" Kurds are awesome, they are beating the crap out of ISIS while every other group gets beaten by ISIS"....I'm saying, Kurds are no different from the other groups/factions/armies in both Syria and Iraq. The difference is Kurds are being supported by intense coalition bombings whereas others are not.

The most detail Turkey ethnic map. The Kurd by taking Tel Abyad, took a lot of Arab land. Also Hatay province of Turkey appear more Arab/Alawite than Turks, so Kurd aspiration of a port is indeed difficult.

11.png

Alevis ARE TURKS. They are the best and most patriotic Turks there ever were. (okay sorry to the Sunni brothers) So don't think they are perhaps more 'accommodating' to anybody's landgrabbing aspirations.

11.png

Mate, seems like you don't know much about Turkey.....Turkey is not your average, ME country. There is no group/faction/country can match Turkish military in the region. And non of these are stupid enough to claim land from Turkey.

Forget claiming land from Turkey. PYD even can't vocalize their aspiration to establish a Kurdish State.
PYD’s Muslim says no plan for founding a Kurdish state - MIDEAST

Alevis ARE TURKS. They are the best and most patriotic Turks there ever were. (okay sorry to the Sunni brothers) So don't think they are perhaps more 'accommodating' to anybody's landgrabbing aspirations.

Alawites as those Alawites found in Latakia Province are mostly Arabs. This includes those in Turkey (mostly Hatay and the Adana region).

Alevis are a totally different group of people and from what I know have no relation to Arabs or the Alawis of Syria.

Alawites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alevism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The names are similar but they are two different groups of people.

None.... though my point is different.

There is the thing in the Western media like" Kurds are awesome, they are beating the crap out of ISIS while every other group gets beaten by ISIS"....I'm saying, Kurds are no different from the other groups/factions/armies in both Syria and Iraq. The difference is Kurds are being supported by intense coalition bombings whereas others are not.

Kurds will never succeed in taking control of Arab-majority areas of Syria let alone reaching the Mediterranean Sea as they dream of. They might take a few villages in Northern Iraq and brag about that all while Iraq is at war (something the country has been for 30 + years basically) and Iraqi Sunni Arabs and Iraqi Shia Arabs are in conflict. Once Iraq becomes stable the Kurds will be dealt with unless the US helps them. Same story everywhere else whether in Syria or Iran. Let alone Turkey.

They are not the best or/and more patriotic than Sunnis....but I can say they much more secular.

Both alevis and sunnis are very nationalistic.... (Until 2 years ago, I didn't knew about the sects) :meeting:

lol i thought thy are mostly Turkmens

ALAWITES are almost exclusively Arabs. They live in the Latakia province of Syria (Al-Assad is part of that religious minority) and Hatay Province nearby and the Adana Province.

ALEVIS are a totally different group of people that live in Turkey and they have no relation to Arabs or Alawites of Latakia /Hatay/Adana Province.

People confuse them all the time due to the similar spelling. Both are minority sects though.

Please see the links I posted. It's explained in detail there with many references.

Last edited:
Alawites as those Alawites found in Latakia Province are mostly Arabs. This includes those in Turkey (mostly Hatay and the Adana region).

Alevis are a totally different group of people and from what I know have no relation to Arabs or the Alawis of Syria.

Alawites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alevism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The names are similar but they are two different groups of people.

Kurds will never succeed in taking control of Arab-majority areas of Syria let alone reaching the Mediterranean Sea as they dream of. They might take a few villages in Northern Iraq and brag about that all while Iraq is at war (something the country has been for 30 + years basically) and Iraqi Sunni Arabs and Iraqi Shia Arabs are in conflict. Once Iraq becomes stable the Kurds will be dealt with unless the US helps them. Same story everywhere else whether in Syria or Iran. Let alone Turkey.

That's the point. That's exactly the point. The US will try to keep the Shia/Sunni Iraqis at each other's throats for as long as it takes, in order to let the Kurds consolidate their hold on ARAB lands and OIL. Dumb sectarian Arabs won't be allowed to even question those lands in a few years. That's the problem. There needs to be another irritant state created in the region, only to further US interests. Arabs be damned. So please, keep fighting that 'sectarian' battle about how Shias or Sunnis are 'oppressing' each other, while the cake is being stolen. Arabs, always so easy to toy with sadly. If you want to open your eyes, don't talk about Maliki or what not.Talk about when ISIS stormed Iraq in 2014, the Kurds 'miraculously' took over Kirkuk and any other worth while Arab city. Maliki. Heck, look at the 'rebuilding Iraq' section of pakistan defence. Many Sunni cities looked like Dubai (full of construction cranes) during 2010-2014, so it's not like they were short changed for federal Iraqi oil money. Nor will they ever be. They just need to help kick out Daesh and every Arab will prosper in Iraq.

They are not the best or/and more patriotic than Sunnis....but I can say they much more secular.

Both alevis and sunnis are very nationalistic.... (Until 2 years ago, I didn't knew about the sects) :meeting:

Yeah it was more of a joke, because Alevis are very pro CHP, cumhuriyetci.

You are trolling again due to your anti-Arab sentiments. Iraqi Arabs are not being "played" with anymore than anyone else in unstable parts of the MENA region, Muslim world and world as a whole. It's an internal conflict fueled by many factors and regional powers while US is not innocent either. Iraqi Arabs, Assyrians, Turkmen and Kurds are part of the same game in Northern Iraq.

I am not part of any "sectarian game" nor part of the conflict as I don't live in Northern Iraq. Only the locals are, fueled by outside events and influences as I told.

In any case, as I have told and pretty much everyone else that is not Al-Kurdi here, the Kurds won't be able to steal any land from majority Arab areas in Syria or Iraq (at most temporarily) or in Turkey or Iran.

In any case I don't want to discuss this topic anymore as I am repeating myself along with others. We have done that enough recently. Let's talk about the Syrian conflict.

Saif, sometime I think you're CIA. If you think this ISIS problem is internal, than I have a bridge to sell you. Iraq was booming and rapidly on it's way to becoming the major Arab power again (remember Saddam?), and this ruined all that. I love how those in the media like to call Iraq/Syria 'fake, made up countries', as if they didn't exist before. It's the same people. You can call him an Ottoman Arab, or an Iraqi Arab, he's still from Baghdad, he's still from Basra or Ramadi. They have their ROOTS there. And a cenruty of Arab nationalism doesn't go unnoticed either. It's the ouside powers that want to split the countries, Arabs themselves don't want it. But hey, you can use sectarianism to drive a wedge behind the Arabs. Because Shias and Sunnis will only tolerate so much bloodshed. There comes a point where a Shia Iraqi says F-k the Sunnis, let them eat their desert sand, we're outta here. And that's exactly what those suicide bombings of markets and hospitals is meant to achieve. There is no military/tactical/strategic goal. Nobody really wants to murder 20 million people. It's all designed to achieve the wedge, which will lead to partition. I just hope the Iraqis see that.

ALAWITES are almost exclusively Arabs. They live in the Latakia province of Syria (Al-Assad is part of that religious minority) and Hatay Province nearby and the Adana Province.

ALEVIS are a totally different group of people that live in Turkey and they have no relation to Arabs or Alawites of Latakia /Hatay/Adana Province.

People confuse them all the time due to the similar spelling. Both are minority sects though.

Please see the links I posted. It's explained in detail there with many references.
well i think w made some understanding i though u are talking about people of Adana

Nonsense that Assad is killing all them. Everybody kills. It's war.

Back
Top Bottom